Lack of Mickey Items

Chicki

Earning My Ears
Well this is my first post...so let me say Hello Everyone !!!

Has anyone noticed that there is few Mickey Items out there? My sister has always loved Mickey and I remember years ago you could find Mickey items everywhere. Now, I can barely find any.

My husband and I went to Orlando in August to go to WDW for our HoneyMoon (his first trip there, my 3rd) and somehow, not being any kind of Disney or Mickey fanatic prior to our trip, I now find myself in major withdrawl and am now completely obsessed with trying to furnish our new home (we move in Jan 31) with Mickey stuff. I have tried calling numerous disney 1-800s trying to convince them to send me a catalogue (and they just keep telling me that they cannot send a catalogue to Canada) cause I just cannot find what I want from the Disney Store site. I have tried looking at all the stores around Ottawa (Ont) and any sites I could think of for Mickey items and have even been checking Ebay.ca on a daily basis for items that I didn't have room to bring home from our trip.

Does anyone have any suggestions to where I can go (either stores or sites) to get Mickey household items. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Hi there! Just wanted to say welcome. I remember a store at Downtown Disney, but can't recall the name of it, that sold only Disney items for the home. I know that they would ship items here. Does anyone know the name of that store and if they are still there. I remember purchasing Goofy s&p shakers there. They had great bath items - towels, shower curtains etc., as well as clocks, phones and a lot of other great stuff.

The store is called Disney at home. I fell in love with the store and if I had only known that I couldn't get the items online, i would have shipped everything to Canada to my parents place while on our trip. It is possible to call them to place an order (they will ship it to you) but you have to be able to describe the items completely. There were so many things at the store that I couldn't possibly remember what they are or even the price.

I think you can order stuff from Disney at home online or over the phone from DTD we have a few things from there lie shower curtain rings and bathtub stickies which we used some to decorate the tank of the toilet and all the toothbrush holders soap dish etc and of course the Mickey bathmat.

Anyone know the site for Disney at home? Also, what is DTD? The shower curtain rings, mat and the stickies sound exactly what I am looking for to dress up my bathrooms.

Hi Chicki,
I know how frustrating it can be when you want something you saw at DTD and wish you had bought it ....but personally I always use that excuse for another trip to WDW!!:rolleyes:
The only thing with ordering on-line or direct from the store is that the shipping prices are quite high and then you have to deal with customs and their duty prices. Also if the parcel is shipped through a service and not just regular mail they charge you an arm and a leg for their 'getting it through customs' fees.
I live in Ottawa also and will be going down in April, if there is one particular item you would like me to pick up for you, I don't mind.
Wenabre
PS Welcome to the Boards:D

Hello and welcome to the boards!

Do you have something in particular you are looking for? I have seen the whole bathroom set in Sears and Walmart. Very nice set too! I have also seen the toaster at Stokes I think it was. Another idea might be to check around flea markets. For christmas I got the most amazing Mickey and Minnie salt and pepper shaker set that my friend had found at a flea market!

Good luck in your search!

Wenabre - thats for the offer but it is ok. I will see what I can find in the area. The flea market is a good idea that I had not thought of. Also... if I can convince my husband, it could get me another trip down to WDW :)

I will also have to go check the other Walmarts and Sears in the area to see if others carry the bathroom and bedroom stuff. As for Stokes, never thought of looking there.. thanks. I want to do our main bathroom in Mickey as well as the bedroom. I have found a few things on Ebay and I keep checking that site all the time. I love the towel sets that were at DTD with the Mickey Heads. I may call DTD to have them ship me a set once I decide what colour I want for the bathrooms (we only move into our new house Jan 31).

Thanks again to everyone for all your help!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter