Ladies...a Swimsuit Question for my Wife

There are right rash gaurds and loose. I found this one that looks easy to put on. She will still need a swim top under it.

images

s-l225.jpg

That red/black rashguard would look great if it's the right red. I have two s/s zippered ones like that and I simply love them; they keep my ginger self from getting burned and I can unzip them to cool down a bit when out of the water. If you can, do avoid buying a black rash guard; they get very hot.
A white top may look really cut with that skirt, if you can find a nice one, and if she tans, there is nothing like a white top to show that off.

One thing to remember, since she's well-endowed: rash guards have no support at all, and she'll need it. Go ahead and buy her a plain tankini top with good support to wear under that. (This is where your daughter will be needed; she'll know what her mom hates or loves in terms of bra fits.) Venus has some nice plain tops, so you might look at those, too: https://www.venus.com/swimwear.aspx Personally, I'd advise against any kind of ruffily-hemmed top with that skirt; too much fluff around the middle, and no woman likes that idea.

Thank you, all of you, for the suggestions. Bra talk is not my thing (haha) and ladies swimwear is definitely not my thing, but my wife is my everything. The help here has been amazing.

I just want to say that as sweet as your surprise idea may be, my husband would never be able to pick out or buy a swimsuit for me, nor could anyone else. Buying swimwear is a pretty personal thing, and quite torturous for most ladies of a certain age. I think you should leave the swimsuit out of the bag.

So I did the surprise for my wife. She loved it so much she cried. She loved the bag, sunglasses, swimwear, cover-up, rash guard, suntan lotion and oil, sunblock. shorts and shirt, sandals, flip-flips, everything. She thought I was just treating her to some cool stuff until she got to the bottom of the bag and found that we are going to Cancun and staying in a resort she mentioned she loved about 2 year prior. I think it took her about 7 minutes to stop crying.

She tried everything on and it fit, which is good because Torrid sold out of the swimskirt, and she asked how I did it with my bad taste (ahaha) and I told her I had some help from the Disboards. She says thank you to all of you.

That red/black rashguard would look great if it's the right red. I have two s/s zippered ones like that and I simply love them; they keep my ginger self from getting burned and I can unzip them to cool down a bit when out of the water. If you can, do avoid buying a black rash guard; they get very hot.
A white top may look really cut with that skirt, if you can find a nice one, and if she tans, there is nothing like a white top to show that off.

One thing to remember, since she's well-endowed: rash guards have no support at all, and she'll need it. Go ahead and buy her a plain tankini top with good support to wear under that. (This is where your daughter will be needed; she'll know what her mom hates or loves in terms of bra fits.) Venus has some nice plain tops, so you might look at those, too: https://www.venus.com/swimwear.aspx Personally, I'd advise against any kind of ruffily-hemmed top with that skirt; too much fluff around the middle, and no woman likes that idea.

I actually bought her two. I got her a white one and a black one. She loves the both, but the white was her favorite.

What about something like this?

https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-3099647/plus-size-apt-9-high-neck-tankini.jsp?color=Black&prdPV=1

I feel like there's never enough support in bathing suit tops and have had some good luck with Kohl's. They have a few different styles of solid black tankini tops that would look really cute with the Minnie Mouse skirt.

What a great surprise!

My daughter picked out one for her at Lane Bryant. It actually has a bra built-in. I didnt even know there was such a thing

Swimsuits for all has a lot of great, stylish options for those of us who are blessed with a lot extra on top. I have found some really great suits there with built-in underwires and you can order tops and bottoms separately. They have some great tankini tops that have wider shoulder straps and come up higher in the armpit area to give more coverage and support, I got one in black last year and it would go great with that skirt. Last year I found some cute short sleeved rashguard tops at LL Bean.

And..I just saw that you already bought a top so never mind my reply. I wish you an awesome, fun trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter