Lagoon Kayaking Tour-Eastern

sherry

Mouseketeer
Hello, I was wondering if anyone has done this tour and if it is too difficult if you have never kayaked before. Thank you so much for any help. Sherry

We did it last July and had a great time. It IS strenuous, so if you're not in basically good shape you may have a bit of a tough time. We saw a young woman who was doing it with a young (preteen boy), both of whom had never kayaked before and they seemed to be struggling a bit but the guides were very patient and helpful. I would say that as long as at least one person in your boat (the kayaks seat two) has strong arms and has any experience at all with a small boat, you'll do fine.

Our group included my 78-year-old dad and my 15-year-old nephew, both of whom enjoyed the excursion, as well as 40-something me and 50-something DH. One nice treat was the mini-candy bars they gave out after we snorkeled, to get that yucky salty taste out of our mouths! (FYI, you don't HAVE to snorkel on this excursion; if you prefer, you can walk around an interesting rocky beach/lagoon area.

Hope you have fun--

This isn't about the excursion per se, but if you choose to go it's a great kayaking tip! I went out kayaking for 4 hours with my experienced-kayaker aunt this last week, and she told me not only to pull with the lower arm (the one on the side where the paddle is dipped at the moment) but also to push with the arm on the other side that was higher at that point. It took a little concentration to remember to do it, but it made a huge difference in my endurance, and I was not sore at all afterward.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter