Laid Off - Need Hugs

I’m so sorry this is happening to you. Positive thoughts, prayers and hugs being sent your way.

This happened to my DH many years ago after being with the same company for over 20 years. His division was totally blindsided when they were called into a meeting and told their division was sold and to pack their personal belongings. It was a very scary time for us, especially because I worked very part time at my school and we had three children.

It forced us to quickly look at our finances and come up with a new plan.
I was lucky that a full time teaching position opened at my school and I got it.
My husband went back to school and got a masters in education and became a high school teacher.

Looking back, while it was very scary at the time, we are much happier and better off now.

All the best to you in your search for a new job!

I finally got my friend to help me put the resume together and sent it to my manager‘s friend who has openings at the doctor group he does billing for which is where he went after leaving this company and already got a call from his manager for a Zoom interview. I know one other of my co-workers applied for this as well could be more so I need good vibes and prayers sent my way. Thanks!

I finally got my friend to help me put the resume together and sent it to my manager‘s friend who has openings at the doctor group he does billing for which is where he went after leaving this company and already got a call from his manager for a Zoom interview. I know one other of my co-workers applied for this as well could be more so I need good vibes and prayers sent my way. Thanks!
Wishing you well, @CynBeth.

It happened to me years ago and was anticipated. It certainly can cause anxiety but looking in hindsight it actually opened up new doors and career opportunities. Best of luck.

It is scary for sure. I was let go from a position 5 years ago due to restructuring. Luckily I was given several months notice, but it was a very unpleasant experience at first. In the end it was the best thing that could have happened for a lot of different reasons. It may take some time, but you will find your way. Good luck with your new chapter.

We’ve had several layoffs in the family over the years and for sure caused great anxiety but ended up actually being for the best in all cases.

Stay strong even if difficult. You’ll see.

Wishing you the best.

Good luck!! Things will be ok/better!!!

Thank you to everyone! I found out today that I got the job! I don’t have many details yet I will get another call within the week.

Thank you to everyone! I found out today that I got the job! I don’t have many details yet I will get another call within the week.
Wonderful news! That's great. Best wishes, CynBeth!!!!

congrats-13.gif

Congrats - so well deserved! Enjoy the relief and the excitement!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter