Lake Guntersville Alabama GG : Sign Up

Dang, I'm too busy to dis for 2 days and we move from middle TN to a completely different state. I'll try not to take it personally. I'll have to talk to DH when he gets home. He has limited vacation time. That's why PF would have worked out perfectly for us/him. Also, he hasn't been to visit my family in 3 years in FL. They are definitely taking that personally! And we've been talking about taking a cruise next year to celebrate 15 years of wedded bliss. Hmmmm? We'll just have to see. It does look like a fabulous CG though!!

Ya know....Im thinking this is gonna be a great time!!!!

Open fires are allowed Im sure....so Smores are in order...I have just about every disney movie on my hard drive, if anyone has a projector...we can "disney-fy" this to our liking!!!!

Ya know....Im thinking this is gonna be a great time!!!!

Open fires are allowed Im sure....so Smores are in order...I have just about every disney movie on my hard drive, if anyone has a projector...we can "disney-fy" this to our liking!!!!

I truely do enjoy the Disney,,but a good ol relax'n, awning coffee morn'n and a nightly campfire with smores and friends also hits the spot, :thumbsup2 And I do mean that Denise likes her nightly campfires! And of course we'll havta "dizzy-fy" it,,I mean after all, we are fiends.
Man that would fun,,everyone do the whole Disney/Fort decor campsite at Little Mountain!:banana:

We need to see who has some live bait arount there....theres a listing of a bait shop or two in the general area...but they dont have a website. The BEST bait shops NEVER have websites....they arent interested in all that new fandangled high techie stuff...but they got some healthy shrimp, worms and shiners!!!!

I should be able to have the nightcrawlers and crickets covered,,we are close enough to bring them with us. Will havta check on the shinners/ minners tho.

Lets go FISH'N !! :banana::woohoo::banana::woohoo:
And we'll eat the fish this time !!

Yeah....maybe you can teach me to properly fillet a fish instead of hacking one into fish nuggets!! I'll have to remember to bring the electric knife.

I am interested in this. We will be leaving the fort on June 6th and could head straight there. Just need to do laundry and have a bin set aside with colder weather clothes, just in case. As long as money is not an issue, I could sneak it in. How far from the fort is it? This would be the first time I have ever taken down and set up a tent on the same day. LOL Maybe I could stay the 6th at a hotel and get there on the 7th.

I will do my best to work it out. Count me in tentatively. My 10yo son would love some guys to fish with. So far he has been stuck fishing with lil ole me. LOL Poor guy, surrounded by a mom and 3 sisters. Hey Rog, if we come, maybe you 2 could get together and commiserate. LOL You can feel his pain I am sure.

OK, just looked it up. I would have to stay overnight in Macon and then arrive on the 7th as it is 10 hours from the fort.

When would ya'll be leaving?

I talk'd to Little Mountain CG yesterday.

No group rates during summer months,,only winter months of 15 sites or more.

Ressie requires a deposit,,cancelation policy is a full refund up to 48 hours minus a $5.00 service charge. If you cancel within the 48 hours they keep the deposit.

They have free use of the boat ramp , but they do not rent boats.

Bait can be bought near by, but not on site.

Open campfires are permitted but have to be off the ground. (I'm spose'n they mean inna portable firepit or inna grill) In any case, I'll come up with something,:thumbsup2

If you call them, they will mail you a map of the campground with all the sites. When I get mine I'll try to post it.

Sandra,
as for Denise and I , we'll be there til the 10th. Stop on over, love to have youz , your son can show us how to catch the big ones.

Wow, on the lake! Now how can I get the T@B and my jet ski down there?

Put me down for in though, just have to confirm noone else already has those dates off.:thumbsup2

You can call this number 256-582-8211 and request info on the campground,,they got it to me pretty quick.

Ya'll have fun. Looks like with the purchase of a new boat for my husband, there will be no camper this year.:mad: I'm open to tenting, but that is the week of VBS at our church. So as of now, I have to decline.:sad1:

Ya'll have fun. Looks like with the purchase of a new boat for my husband, there will be no camper this year.:mad: I'm open to tenting, but that is the week of VBS at our church. So as of now, I have to decline.:sad1:

Good news,,they have cabins !:thumbsup2
Bring his boat,,,LETS GO FISHING !!:woohoo:

Well, that is sad. But, for anyone interested we are thinking of camping around Elkmont the following weekend for the fireflies. That's pretty close for you, right Liv? We could make this a GG roadshow!

Is it June yet ??
Huh ?? Huh ?? Huh ??
Is it ????
The frost on my windshield this morning tells me No! But compared to the snow storm along the coast this weekend, it's not so bad.

Us poor Tennesseans...having to start the car 5 minutes ahead so the window defrosts. Life sure is tough here! :lmao:

and thats why we don't live there.
still try'n to figure out why we don't live in Florida.

The frost on my windshield this morning tells me No! But compared to the snow storm along the coast this weekend, it's not so bad.

Us poor Tennesseans...having to start the car 5 minutes ahead so the window defrosts. Life sure is tough here! :lmao:

and thats why we don't live there.
still try'n to figure out why we don't live in Florida.

I LOVE living in TN until Dec.26-February 28 rolls along...seasonal affective disorder BIG time during that time! I ALWAYS plan a trip to my parents' house in FL sometime at the end of January or the first of February for a change of scenery. This year the last week of January will be at the Fort and the first week of February will be at their house! YAY!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter