larger seats?

SALTTANK

Earning My Ears
Does anyone know if there are larger seats for larger people? And if so, which rows? I know that Busch Gardens has larger seats on their coasters. Thanks!

ya the coasters have larger seats. You just need to ask for them when you get there.

I've always wondered about this...do the attendents size you up ahead of time and put you in the correct line.

I think this would be a better pratice then having to ask. The attendents must be able to tell that you will have trouble fitting into a regular seat and go ahead and put you in the big chair. Might save some people some grief.

I know that I bearly fit in the Dragons and Hulk. I have a pretty big chest and its a tight squeeze.

It would be really mean if they do, so thats they might not do it. There are seats outside to try first.

I've seen some very large people fit into the regular seats. Sometimes it takes two employees to push on the harness, but they fit!

If in doubt, ask for the larger seats. You may have to wait for the next train, but the employees can accomodate you if you ask.

I'm 6'2, 250 lbs. and I've got really big shoulders, but I fit into the seats they have there, and as said before "If in doubt, they have practice seats outside the ride."

I don't think that you get what I'm saying. I'm not saying they should yell it at you. " HEY BIG BOY YOU SIT HERE...BECAUSE YOU ARE NOT GOING TO FIT IN THE REGULAR SEAT!"

Yet do it without the guest even knowing. They tell you which line to get in already so they could easly direct you to the correct line with the larger seats.

I am on the plus side, when i went on the hulk last fall, i sat in a regular seat, i thought i harnessed myself in ok, i was worried about my DD, 7, and I was making sure she was in tight...right before the ride took off, my DH, yelled to me, your harness is not snapped in right, sure enough mine wasnt aligned with the rest, I gave it a good pull and we were off...every so often he tells people how i almost flew over IOA...I think that someone in the control room would have noticed that it wasnt latched properly...It was a little snug on me, but it wasnt too uncomfortable....

patty

If you're in doubt, just try the "test seats" in front of the ride entrance. If you fit in them, you'll fit in the regular seats.

Thanks so much for the replies! I appreciate it. Maybe I'll call and see if they can tell me which rows the larger ones are in. I remember when we went to Busch Gardens they told us which rows. Row 4 on Kumba and Montu. Then we can just get in line like normal and no one knows. (not that we don't fit in the regular seats but its not comfortable and no way do I want the people having to get others to latch it. <g>)

are the seats with two safety belts and latches the extra size seats???? if so there is not one designated row just a couple designated seats per train:confused:

Originally posted by SALTTANK
(not that we don't fit in the regular seats but its not comfortable and no way do I want the people having to get others to latch it. <g>)

Yes that is exactly what I was talking about. I've had to get someone to push down so that it would latch. Not really a great feeling when 50 or so people are watching you.

I'm just saying that it might be better if the person telling people which line to get in could have a little thought and say Line 4 or what ever line has the lager seats. Then nobody is the wiser.

Kraken at SW has the larger seats. There is a little sign above the row. It wokred out great for my larger "upper body"

Originally posted by MIB999999
are the seats with two safety belts and latches the extra size seats???? if so there is not one designated row just a couple designated seats per train:confused:

It's the seat with two latches. I rode it in once and got all sorts of airtime! :)

I saw a very large woman being stuffed into the restraint system on GA scorcher. It was an amusing sight.

Foley's experience with Batman.
An excerpt from "Foley is Good" by Mick Foley, wrestler, author, and Rollercoaster fanatic.

"I sat down right in the middle. Uh-oh! Due to the dangling, inverted nature of the ride, Batman had a preshaped seat to hold the rider's buttocks and legs snugly. I suddenly guessed that the manufacturer hadn't had my buttocks and legs in mind when they made this ride. Who had modeled for this mold? I got up and looked down at a plastic *** impression that sixties supermodel Twiggy would have found challenging to fit in. I backed up and actually tried jumping in, hoping that my momentum would be enough to offset a lifetime of late-night pizza. I reached up and attempted to pull the safety harness into a locked position. The male and female parts looked to be a good five and three-quater inches apart. I had been telling my wife for years that five and three-quater inches was pretty darn big, but this time I actually believed it.

The ride operators tried to help me out--all five of them. They looked like a pack of wild dogs going after a kill as they jumped on, pushed down, and hung off of the safety harness in an attempt to get the hardcore legend in motion. The crowd was no longer chanting my name; they just kind of stared in the type of silence usually reserved for funerals or Test matches. Slowly, I got out of the seat, a dejected, defeated man. There would be no Batman for me on this day. I felt humiliated, and just wanted to go someplace where no one would see me--like a WCW "Thunder" taping."

The larger seats on Dueling Dragons and the Incredible Hulk are located in rows 3 and 6.

Most other B&M coasters have only one seat per train (typically in row #5). In fact, this was the case on both coasters when IOA opened in 1999. However, due to overwhelming need for these seats, this number was doubled.

There are now 2 seats on every train that accommodate guests with larger frames. These seats can be located quickly by the 2 seatbelt restraints on the front of the harness (all other seats only have 1). The seats are the 3rd seat in from the load side, and (again) rows 3 and 6.

saw a couple two weeks ago that the wolves descended upon and the guy they got fastened in but the girl had to exit to the right . if i ever get that large i will have to give up mythos for lunch

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter