Las Vegas POWER PASS

curlyjbs

My heart belongs to the beach
Last minute Vegas trip with DH in 2 weeks. He's going for work I'm tagging along. We are staying in a friends house 20 mins from the strip. We arrive 9am on sunday - DH's classes are tues-fri 8am-4ish. We leave 4pm on Sat. So we have most of the day Sun, a whole day Monday and a few hours on Sat to do "day" things together, otherwise I guess we will spend the evenings on the strip.

We've never been to Vegas and don't gamble much if at all. What are some must do's we can squeeze in just short of 3 days LOL. And must do's for night time too. :confused3
Has anyone bought the powerpass? Is it worth it?
We will probably never go back so I want a full experience! Thanks so much!

~Connie

I would say for the full experience you need to stay on the strip. However, lets see.
1. I've been about a dozen times and am not familiar with the Power Pass.
2. Go to the strip early one morning to watch the drunks from the night before wander "home". Or be one yourself ;)
3. See a show. If you'll never go back you should see a show.
4. wear comfortable shoes and just walk up and down the strip taking in all the sights. Our first trip we got married and just walked and walked and walked!
5. Have a great dinner! Vegas is famous for it's wonderful restaurants. Have dinner at Mon Ami Gabi and watch the fountains at the Bellagio.

Questions what are you going to do during the day? Bum around the strip? Stay at the house all day waiting for him to finish his conference?

Last year I went with DH for a conference. I gambled, I shopped, I ended up meeting him for lunch every day. One day I went to the movies and saw a chick flick, another I did the studio city thing at MGM and watched a pilot of a new tv show (which I don't think ever got picked up!)

Last minute Vegas trip with DH in 2 weeks. He's going for work I'm tagging along. We are staying in a friends house 20 mins from the strip. We arrive 9am on sunday - DH's classes are tues-fri 8am-4ish. We leave 4pm on Sat. So we have most of the day Sun, a whole day Monday and a few hours on Sat to do "day" things together, otherwise I guess we will spend the evenings on the strip.

We've never been to Vegas and don't gamble much if at all. What are some must do's we can squeeze in just short of 3 days LOL. And must do's for night time too. :confused3
Has anyone bought the powerpass? Is it worth it?
We will probably never go back so I want a full experience! Thanks so much!

~Connie

Vegas has a Power Pass? Wow, never heard of it.. lol. My advice to you since you are staying off strip is to keep in mind that parking is free in all Vegas hotels. Pick an area that you are wanting to walk around in and park in that hotels parking structure.

Now, even though I've been here most my life we tend to stay away from the strip so.. me giving you advice on what to do is a mute point. You can try vegas.com for shows, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter