Last Meal on Leaving Day

We have done 5 trips to Disney since 2006 and we have the same tradition. We started this in 2006 by accident but it works. We eat our 1st dinner and Ohana and our last nights dinner at Ohana. We really like the place.

We tend to eat at our resort, drop our luggage w/ Bell Services, and then high tail it to Disney Springs to pick up a takeout meal for the plane or train.

MDE tends to pick us up at 3:00 or 4:00 PM and our mini traveling companions have informed me that this trip they want to sleep late until around 11:00 AM. We compromised since the lounge stops serving breakfast around 10:00 AM so they can sleep as late as they want as long as they make it to breakfast. Oh and I'm NOT bringing breakfast to the room for them. I know that game already;). Of course they have to pack their bags the night before but they should be used to that. Yesssss but the things children forget always scrambles my brain, LOL.

Last edited:

We typically pick up a "to go" meal at Captain Cook's or Contempo Cafe when we have a late afternoon departure. The current favorite is the hot turkey and cheese from Contempo Cafe.

The night before we leave is always a convenient resort table service. The last two trips it's been The Wave at the Contemporary. Before that, it was Cape May Cafe, 'Ohana, Citrico's, or Narcoossee's.

We always start our first park day with breakfast at Crystal Palace and end our trip with dinner at Crystal Palace

We did CRT on our departure day (early lunch) for our last trip and it was so magical. I think it will be a tradition for us until the kids say they want something else, but they are both princess lovers.

We did CRT on our departure day (early lunch) for our last trip and it was so magical. I think it will be a tradition for us until the kids say they want something else, but they are both princess lovers.
Ah yes the princess stage. I can still picture the man tying multi colored strips of tulle to elastic waistbands to make tutus for her 5th birthday guests. 5 years later she was done with princesses and on to Japanese manga memes of the dark variety, LMAO. At 13 years of age it's now Rainbow Brite meets Moliere; I get it but boyyy is it head-spinning keeping up. Every couple of years, something new;).

We usually have an evening flight with a Magical Express pick up around 3 or 4. We spend the morning in MK and have lunch at the Plaza before saying our last farewell to the castle. It is a fun and yummy tradition!

We tend to eat at our resort, drop our luggage w/ Bell Services, and then high tail it to Disney Springs to pick up a takeout meal for the plane or train.

We do exactly the same and also add a stop and Goofys Candy Company to use up the last of the snack credits.

When I was a teenager and through my 20s, we ALWAYS grazed around the world on our departure day, sharing items from different World Showcase quick service. We’d start right when they opened at 11 and work our way around. We always flew out late so this was fun. Loved ending the trips this way. We will start doing this again when our kids are older.

For us arrival day it's dinner at Trail's End and on departure day Breakfast there as well. We had a tradition of 1st and last Park day of going to Tony"s but after a really bad meal the last trip, the Chicken Cutlet was more like a Marie Calander breaded Breast with a nasty sauce on the spaghetti we couldn't eat may be rethinking that one next year

Our arrival tradition is always Ohana. We don't have a last meal really...exhaustion catches up with us.

We did Casey’s last time before schlepping back to the tragical express. I like the idea of the Plaza though, the seating would likely be way less stressful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter