Last Minute Change- Success

mgoble

Earning My Ears
MS just did me a great favor. I had to change our trip by a week from Sept. 21 to start Sept. 28 at VWL. At first they said no availabilty and while they check other resorts they put me on hold and came back with VWL. This is why I spend the money and appericate working with DVC.

Great to hear the positive posts about MS! So far, they've been great to me!

Glad to hear Member Services was able to take care of your reservation changes. I have always had good experiences with Member Services.

This is a long winded story about how great MS is....

Once a year, I take a break from the family and go away with my best friend from high school for 3-4 days. We've been going every year for the past five.

Rules...
1. My wife has no interest in the destination.
2. Neither one of us have been there.
3. East of the Mississippi.

This year we are breaking rule 1 and rule 2 - he has never been to WDW. So, I am taking him to BWV - he can experience the parks and Jellyrolls! We are heading down for the weekend of 9/20.

So, after we decided to go, I made ressies for this trip and booked next years HH trip and cruise - all with points which I banked and borrowed to make everything work out.

Then, I found out that the kids have the Tuesday off prior to when we leave. So, DW has always wanted to stay at VWL. I called and they had availability two weeks out for Sat, Sun, Mon, Tue!

DW was bumped off the flight on the way home from this summer's cruise. Southwest has RT airfare for $110 BWI-MCO. She got a $400 credit. Sooooo, we are flying for $40.

Problem -- All our points are allocated into 2003. So, the great folks at MS changed around my 2002 HH reservations and re-allocated everything so I could borrow points into 2001.

Within 10 minutes, they had reworked everything and now I get to fly to WDW on Sat with the family, fly home on Tue, fly back on Thu with my buddy and return on Sunday.

Should be a pretty cool week - it demonstrates that cup holders or not, DVC gives us a lot of flexibility. What a great experience!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter