Last Minute Trip To Disney!!

EllynE

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone, my hubby and I decided that we have been married for 10 years and never been on a vacation that we need one. So we are heading to Disney next week with our 2 1/2 year old son. We are staying at the port orleans and will be there from the 25-March 3.

Any recommendations of have to do thing? I haven't been in 20 years! Also anything special if you celebrate your birthday while you are there?

We are so excited and are usually not the last minute type so this is way out of the box!

:Pinkbounc Ellyn

Hi Ellyn Welcome to the DIS :wave:

Is this your first trip to Disney? For info on Port Orleans check out the resorts board and there are lots of different threads on Theme Parks about Birthday Celebrations :)

I have been before but not for about 20 years so I am sure that things have changed--I am bummed to see that It's a small world will be closed while we are there. This board is great, just overwhelming with all of the info.

Thanks!
Ellyn

By the way my son saw the dancing bananna at the bottom of your post and says look! shakey booty! LOL

Welcome to the Dis! How about afew more dancing bananas for your son :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: . Yes, the boards are a bit overwelming until you learn to navigate them, in afew days you'll be an old pro ! ;)

That's great. Enjoy your trip.

Since it's been 20 years all I can say is just take it all in. Enjoy it and don't wait so long to go again. My new goal is to try to go at least once a year.

Since it has been 20 years since your last trip, all I can say is that things have changed and you are going to have a blast with the lil one. From my own experience with my lil daughter we had a blast when she was about that age. To see WDW thru the eyes of a child is the best thing to experience. Have a terrific time. :earsboy: :earsgirl:

:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

I hope you have a great time!!! I don't have any suggestions because I have never been to Disney, but I had to wish you luck.

Are you staying at Riverside or French Quarter? Reason I ask is because we are going to Disney for the 1st time on February 27th!!!! We are staying att the PO Riverside!!! Maybe we will be in the same area!!! :cool1:

Petrymom! :earsboy: :earsgirl:

Thanks for the replies, we are getting really excited and finally found out we are staying at the Port Orleans Riverside.

:) Ellyn

Ellen,

I have taken my young kids to Disney as well and it is a blast. I can tell you from experience that you will have to do almost everything in Fantasyland (especially the Winnie the Pooh ride). Epcot may be a little over the kid's head but the adults will love it. My kids love MGM but they are a little older than yours now. I would consider a trip to Sea World as possibility. The young ones especially love the interaction with the animals.

Hope that helps!

Thanks for the advice, we are military so we get in free to Sea World for one visit so I think we might take advantage of it while we are there.

:) Ellyn

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter