Last xmas party on 12/22

Snurk71

DIS Veteran
It seems like I've read posts over the years that the last party of the year pretty much always sells out. How crazy busy have sold out parties (xmas or Halloween) been in recent years? We haven't been to a xmas party since 2007, Halloween party 2010.

We're only going to be in Orlando Friday afternoon/evening and all day Saturday. We are planning on a whirlwind Saturday - might try to join the 4 parks in one day club (we've been 15+ times, so there are only a couple new things to us). Trying to decide if should try to visit MK via the xmas party Friday night and do 3 parks on Saturday instead.

The party cost is also influencing me a bit - $109/ticket compared to the $55ish/day I have stored up in non-exp park hoppers we'll use Saturday.:crazy2:

IMO the parties are never crazy busy because even when they sell out there are a limited number of tickets. As far as how you will feel when you experience I think it depends on what you want to do. If you want a bunch of character autographs it will seem busier because there is a large group that generally likes to go to the parties to get "rare" autographs. If you want to focus on riding rides, for the most part you will be okay. If you ride rides during shows / parades / fireworks you will be even better off.

we were at a sold out Halloween party in September and I would say while the crowds were lower than other very busy times of year in the park, it was still manageable. so we decided to go for the 12/22 party as well (flying in that morning and expecting we'll be sleepwalking back to our resort at the end of the night, but hey you only live once.) :)

My family went to the third from last MVMCP last year, and it sold out the day before the party. It's a bit crowded between 4pm when you can first enter the park and 7pm when those without party wristbands get kicked out. But after 7pm, even with a sold-out party, you have so much elbow room across the park, it's rather amazing. Main Street and the area in front of the castle were relatively crowded with all of the activity, but not so much that we couldn't get a nice spot right on the parade route.

As far as cost goes, the ticket is $109 for access to the park from 4pm to midnight, or 8 hours at $13.63/hr. A single day ticket is $139 for a peak day, where a typical family might spend 12 hours (assuming they don't hit rope drop and stay right to midnight), or $11.58/hr. So you're paying a bit of an hourly premium for a park with greatly reduced crowds, next to no wait times for most rides, a variety of special shows, and free cookies. Is it worth it? Yes for my family, and no for others. But, we are definitely looking forward to returning for the Dec 21st party.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter