Late for PS seating

lisaes

Mouseketeer
I have yet to make any PS for out trip since we are not within the 90 day time limit yet but I was wondering what happens if you are late for your time. Not 1 hour or anything, just 10 or 15 mins.

I've always been early....anyway, I think they will put you into the next avail. seating. But, that could be behind all those who are on time for their PS's!!! So you could wait 5 minutes or an hour. I wouldn't be too late. Just not sure how much leeway they give you. Maybe someone has a more definative answer??

We have been late on occasion for our PS but by only 10 or 15 minutes or so. We were told that they would seat us at the next available table and we didn't have to wait more than 15 minutes.

It depends on the restaurant. For the most part, I'm sure it's not big deal, but if it's a popular one (PSB or CRT) and/or if it's near the end of breakfast time (for example) you could be out of luck.

There was a thread here a few months ago where someone was a few minutes late for PSB at Epcot and they would NOT seat her. They told her tough luck.

Depends on the restaurant, time of day and time of year. We were a few minutes late for a PS for the Cinderella dinner over Easter 2003 and had no problems; our PS was for 5:00, as we were leaving though a family was about 15 minutes late and they were told they might not be seated until 8:30 because they were booked and not taking walk ups either.

If you are late, you can't expect them to hold your table for you.

You could probably still get in..but, if it is a busy night..I would count on a long wait.

We always show up early.

Originally posted by webray
If you are late, you can't expect them to hold your table for you.

You could probably still get in..but, if it is a busy night..I would count on a long wait.

We always show up early.

They don't HOLD a table for you in any case. All a PS gets you is seating ahead of walk ups. No tables are being held. And even with PS it depends on how long the people eating take to finish, they book times based on the average time it takes people to eat.

We've been 5-10 minutes late on occasion and have had no problem. Once we were about a 1/2 hr late for O'Hana's on a Sat. night. We just had such a time getting dd up from her nap. We called and let them know we would be late. They told us they could hold our PS for a 1/2 hr after the actual PS time.

ANd, it was a very busy night there. But once we got there we were pretty much seated right away. So as most posters mentioned it probably depends on how busy the restaurant is and what time your PS is (you may have better luck if it's earlier).

A couple of weeks ago we were going to be about a half hour late to the Crystal Palace for lunch. We had been waiting in line for my son's haircut for about 90 minutes and were at the front of the line and didn't want to leave. I walked down to the Crystal Palace to ask if I could move my PS back a little. They said that they hold the priority seatings for lunch until they stop serving lunch and that we would not have a problem. We arrived about 30 minutes late and were the next group taken. I don't have any experience at any of the other restaurants though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter