Late late late flight in to LAX...transportation suggestions needed.

Zoemakes5

<font color=deeppink>Support me in my Disney mania
Looking at a possible flight that would get us in to LAX at around 12:20 am (if everything is great and on time). Looked at a couple of companies that were only open until 10pm, 11pm or 12am. We'd be going to San Diego so would need a vehicle.
Any suggestions?

Or, as an alternative....any shuttle services (and their cost) that would take us to DL area hotels and then rental companies that we could get in Anaheim?

Thanks!

Based on the facts that:

1. It would take awhile to get luggage
2. You have 3 kids
3. You are from a different time zone
4. You might not be familiar with the area
5. Your flight might be delayed ever further

I would have a shuttle service or car drive you to Anaheim. You don't want to start your trip tired and lost.

I once travelled to Orlando with my kids. We left the house in San Diego at 8:00 am and didn't land at MCO until after midnight. It was a long day and I then had to pick up a rental car, navigate to our resort, find a place to park and check in.

I know that there are car rental agencies around the Disneyland Resort for your drive to San Diego.

I'm not sure that I'm reading your post correctly....but if you're talking about rental cars, most of the majors are open 24 hours at LAX.

We arrived at LAX around midnight. Instead of driving off right away, we took a shuttle to a nearby hotel and stayed the night. We took a taxi cab to National Car Rental and picked up a car bright and early the next morning. We could have taken a free shuttle back to the airport and then the National shuttle but I've heard stories about the infrequency of the National Car shuttle. It was a minimal amount of taxi fare so we just took it.

This achieved two things. 1. We weren't killing ourselves driving while we were tired (it was not only a late flight but a 3 hour time difference) and 2. We didn't pay for hotel parking the first night.

It actually achieved a 3rd thing...it gave us an opportunity to drive into Hollywood to the Disney Fountain and Studio Store before heading down off to Anaheim. :rotfl2:

tracys2cents said:
I'm not sure that I'm reading your post correctly....but if you're talking about rental cars, most of the majors are open 24 hours at LAX.
I looked at Enterprise and one other (can't think which one now) and both of them were 11 or 12 and then opening up at 5 or 6 am.

I grew up in Redondo Beach and Torrence, so luckily I'm very familiar with the area and driving. Both DH and I will also be home all day from work on the travel day. Only one of our children would be in school that day.

Thanks for the feedback. Any others with specific ideas/places would be great. Even some of the shuttle services I've looked at aren't 24hours.

We used a service called Goldenwest Express one time. They picked up the six of us (had my parents with us) at LAX and took us to the Disneyland Hotel. It was $75 each way (this was in December of 2004 so its probably gone up a bit). Very nice driver, very clean minivan. I do not know if they operate 24 hours however. Their website is: www.goldenwestexpress.com I have only used them that once but it worked out well. That would get you to the Disneyland area that night and then you could rent a car in that area when you need one. I know there are several nearby. Also, you could take a cab. I think a cab is around $75 as well. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter