Laurie's Quest Continues....two more marathons in one year!!

:hug: Laurie,

I am sorry to hear about your knee. :( I'm glad to hear that it is feeling better though!:goodvibes

I think that switching from the full to the half was a smart thing to do. I know that it was probably a tough decision, but you definitely want to ease back into running. Will you be able to play hockey soon too?

I hope that you have a nice weekend ahead and a Happy Easter!:hug: I'm glad you're back!:hug: We missed you!:grouphug:

Well, I went out for my first run in a LONG time today! My knee actually felt pretty good...much better than I had anticipated.

I only did 2 miles, but I was able to jog much of it. I was alternating 3 minutes of jogging with 2 minutes of walking. I finished in just under 22 min. I was very happy with that!! The plan is to go back out tomorrow for a very easy walk/jog....don't want to push it too much!

Scott--Thanks for stopping by! This has been a VERY HARD couple of weeks for me, but i am thankful it wasn't anything worse!! It felt really good getting back out there today to run!

Tracy--Thanks!! I was really looking forward to my May marathon, but I know I will never be ready at this point, so I am going to try to do the half. My hockey team has off until next weekend now, so I am hoping I can play next weekend. I only had to miss 4 games, so it wasn't so bad, although I really really really wanted to play.

Hope everyone has an awesome weekend!!

Hey Laurie. Sorry to hear about your knee!!! That's tough. You definately made a smart decision to change to the 1/2. I know you can be ready in time, but good idea to play it by ear.

Did you guys ever set a date for the wedding? The last I remember you were thinking it would in January???

Take care,
Stacie

Well, I had an awesome run today!!! :cool1: :cool1:
It was relatively nice here weather wise, so I went out for a 4 mile run after school. I finished in 40 min!!! That is a pretty fast pace for me! And the best part was my knee did not hurt at all!!!! I am pretty excited!

Stacie--We didnt' set a date yet...trying to save some money first. It probably won't be till summer or fall of 2009. We hope to start finalizing a date in the next month or so. Believe me you will all know when we set the date!! LOL!!!

:hug: Laurie! So glad you had a good run. I'm really sorry to hear about your leg injury...sounds PAINFUL!!! :headache: I think it was a great idea to switch to the half...that way you won't be stressing and pressuring yourself about the distance. I bet you end up having a great half in May :).

Hi Laurie!:hug:

Just thought I'd stop by and see how you are doing.:goodvibes Hope everything is going well for you!:hug:

Have a great week ahead!:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter