Le Cellier Was Nuts!

We have not had dinner here since the filet was STUFFED with mushrooms. (Who remembers this). Then when Disney started offering free dining it became insanely popular as it was the most expensive one credit table service meal and thus a great “value” for the dining plan.

Is this truly considered a signature now or is it just two credits? Once the required credits went from 1 to 2 it actually became possible to get an ADR but now I don’t want to dine there!

Ahh the days of Le Cellier before the free dining plan.. when there were breadsticks instead of rolls and your food wasn't mass prepared

We were just there for lunch on Saturday and I don’t think we’ll be back either. The only reason we ate here was because we had the AP gcs from the buy $100 get $10 deal. Otherwise it’s too expensive for us. The food we had was great. My filet was a little too charred and lacked flavor but dh’s was good. We loved the soup and risotto. We were literally a foot away from the people next to us. It felt awkward to have a conversation with Dh because they could hear everything we were saying and us them. Not that we were saying anything rude or bad, but you want a little privacy at your meal.

It wasn’t too noisy for us but we ate at 12:30 and it was pretty empty when we sat down. It did get busier as the meal went on and I could hear a kid slamming his fork down on his plate and table across the restaurant lol.

15 years ago it was good. Decent price, decent meal. But then they jacked the prices, lowered the quality and doubled the number of seats in the restaurant and now you can conceive a child with the man sitting next to you due to the crowding and never know (exchange contact information just in case :)). And the soup is just beer cheese soup with pretzel bread - up here near Wisconsin its on almost every menu. Go over to Yachtsman or Flying Fish (which is really pricey, but the food is excellent - or if you don't NEED steak, Blue Zoo at the Dolphin is FABULOUS. Perhaps with the changes to Epcot they will put in another sort of restaurant people who need STEAK will eat at and Le Cellier can decrease the number of tables.
Wow. It has been at least 15 years since I have been and I thought it was crowded and loud back then. Can't imagine how it is now with even more tables.

@OfCourseTheresAlwaysMyWay yeah the spacing doesn't phase me, I remember going to Serafina (can't remember which one...close to the park) and the waiter had to MOVE the table for my husband to get a seat on the bench. I was preggers which made it even more fun.

It's still a must do for us. We're always OOP anyway, so I don't pay attention to "signature" classifications. And it really doesn't cost us that much more than when we go out to eat around home. Maybe the "Disney premium" of 10-15%....

Will not darken the door of this establishment again. Such crammed in conditions that you are part of the conversation of each of your fellow diners. Food is not up to signature levels. Service is nearly adequate.

Have never been to LeCellier, but found Yachtsman to be pretty disappointing on our first visit there earlier this year.

We went to Le Cellier for the first time in February- we were very skeptical because of the mixed reviews and had made and canceled reservations there many times. We were pleasantly surprised and it was the best meal of our trip. We had a late (850pm) reservation and didn't find it noisy at all. The food was great and the service was excellent. I'd definitely go back. We were a party of 6 and sat a round table so maybe the smaller parties are at tables closer together?

I also ate here before it became a signature dining restaurant. It was wonderful and delicious and I don't remember it being crammed with people and we went at a normal time around 6pm or so. I was considering trying it again next year, but I'm not sure it will live up to our expectations because it does require the two dining credits. I'll have to think on it some more.

I love Le Cellier. Being from NYC, I find it hilarious that people think it’s too loud and that the tables are too close together. I realize I have a slightly different standard, but come on! If that’s your standard, please never visit New York.

It’s certainly no louder than any Applebee’s/Red Robin/other chain restaurant throughout America. Maybe people aren’t expecting any noise in a finer dining establishment?

Now, if you wanted to make an argument about how it’s too expensive and the desserts could be better...that I might get behind.
LOL Applebee's/Red Robin/other chain restaurant are no where near "fine dining". :rotfl2: Le Cellier is supposed to be something better than a chain restaurant. Unfortunately, it isn't.

We went to Le Cellier for the first time in February- we were very skeptical because of the mixed reviews and had made and canceled reservations there many times. We were pleasantly surprised and it was the best meal of our trip. We had a late (850pm) reservation and didn't find it noisy at all. The food was great and the service was excellent. I'd definitely go back. We were a party of 6 and sat a round table so maybe the smaller parties are at tables closer together?
Unless you are sitting at a round table, odds are good you'll be about 8 inches away from your neighbor on either side.

I've eaten plenty of meals in NYC. I wouldn't eat at a p
I've only been in bars that are that loud never have I walked into an Applebees even on a Friday/Saturday night with it that loud.
Also I have never sat somewhere that with only half extending my arm I could touch the plate of the person at the next table.
I'm not dissing it. I do enjoy eating there. But I have never eaten at a restaurant that loud or cramped in my normal life.
Its ambience compares disfavorably to my daughter's college cafeteria.

I think the idea of eating in the cellar is a cute theme with the brick walls, the wine and the fireplace with glassware about. The experience can really depend on the area seated. I prefer the middle or by a pillar. The tables for two along the wall are really close and my husband gets irritated when we're jammed in a row. I had the best white wine there with a good buttery finish - $14/glass. Between the pricing and the closeness we've moved on. Maybe some day for a late lunch.

Truthfully, I've never noticed the noise whereas I think BOG's ballroom is auditorium noise level.

We go there every trip because it is the only request the daughters mom makes. Its OK but I remember in 2006 how fantastic is was. I much prefer Yachtsman.

I will never go there again.

Too loud and you are smooshed upright next to the people at the table next to you. I have traveled to a lot of different cities in the US and Europe and have never had a table that was THAT close to another. They may as well seat you all together.

And the food was blah. Not horrible, but nothing to write home about. I can cook a better tasting steak at home for a fraction of the cost.

The first time we tried Le Cellier was around 20 years ago. They had a sign out on the walkway advertising their Prime Rib for $19.99! They actually served prime rib back then and it was scrumptious, as was the BBQ maple-glazed filet they also used to have. And the chocolate mousse had delicious raspberries on the moose's face instead of M&Ms - cheap! Those were the days.........

We have eaten at every single restaurant at Disney and my kids say Le Cellier is their favorite steak. I will have to agree it is a bit crowded and noisy and we have asked to move tables before, when they sat us next to the restroom but on a consistent basis their filet is hard to beat. We used to love the flying fish before the renovation, but several times their steak was tough. I do like the yachtsman as it is more relaxed but sometimes the waiters disappear for some reason especially when we are wanting our check. But the yachtsman menu is totally different then Le Cellier. I think Le Celliers menu has more items that kids will enjoy not having to order off the kids menu.

I’m sorry to hear your sort-of negative experience at Le Celier. I’ve only been there twice, but I loved it both times. I guess I don’t mind a little noise, since I can be a little noisy myself sometimes. That being said, I always get a steak there, which is great, but I need to venture out at some point and try another steak. I’ve stayed at the BC two times and NEVER made it next door to the Yachtsman to try their steak which I hear is excellent, but, I digress. Peace and love!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter