Leaving early, leaving the key in the room...

Briarmom

Bessie Robindale<br><font color=b26b70>Larry's bee
Our trip started a bit early when I remembered that we have a friend who lives 4 hours from here and just under 100 miles from Disneyland. I thought 'why not get most of the drive done on Sunday, for more time in the parks Monday?' After a whirlwind of packing and phone calls, ds and I were off. We arrived at my friends house at about 6 pm ate and let our boys play.

The next morning we got on the road at about 9:30 and arrived at DLH around 11. We couldn't get our room keys yet, but didn't expect to. Ds wanted to go straight to DL. I wanted to go to DCA since it was Memorial day and I figured at this point the crowds would be ugly. Ds won out and we went to DL. We went on Matterhorn (ds' first time of about a million this trip), Small World, BTMRR, got FP's for Splash because the line was at 80 minutes. This ride had the only loooong line all trip! Did Pooh and it was still before 2 pm, our FPs were for 5:30. We went back to the hotel and got our keys for the room. Went down to move the car to the Bonita tower area and discovered that I had left the car key in the hotel room (things like this will be a recurring thing in our trip). The car moved and the suitcase unpacked, we went back to DL where we went on BTMRR (there was never a line longer than 20 minutes for this ride??), Haunted Mansion, and FINALLY Splash (line was still 70+).
Then on to DCA because I hadn't seen the Electrical Parade in FOR-EVER (I think 2002 in Paris) and this was the only night for it on our trip. We went on Soarin' for the first time and both loved it. Ds wanted to go on Grizzly River Run, but it was getting chilly and I didn't want to get soaked. Did Tower of Terror (the only time ds would go on it this trip, he went on it several times in WDW, finally he told me he liked WDW ToT better), Mullholland Madness 2x and the SunWheel. Ds had McD's We sat down to get a spot for EP. It was great. Ds loved it. I loved it. Then we went to Naples in DD so I could have pizza. I got it to go and while we waited, ds and I watched the fireworks under the heating lamps.
Went back to the hotel and my ds fell asleep with the lights on. We were exhausted. The magic and mayhem had begun.

:rotfl:
I've been trying to post the rest, but am tired of typing out the whole thing and then it not posting!!

I always type it in word, then do a copy and paste. That way you can spell check, and you never lose it!

Thanks, but my laptop is a Mac. I have no idea how to do it with my computer. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter