Leaving soon, again :-)

sorry for late post wayne.Have a fab time hun.Look forward to all your threads on here.:lovestruc

Arrived at the hotel eventually, a long day.
Didn't eat where we planned last night, last minute change of plan, ate within a 2 min walk of my Brothers house in Chiswick, Persian restaurant. Very nice meal. Back to his house getting late had a power cut, stuck as he lives in a gated community with electric gates:rotfl: power came back on after a while but late to bed and early flight.
Meet & Greet waiting for us at Heathrow. Easy bag drop, great flights with Delta, good leg room, on demand movies, nice food. Very friendly immigration with no line (other airports are so much easier than MCO) Ate at ChilisToo in Detroit, excellent burger (almost as good as Beaches & Cream:cloud9:)
Collected car from Dollar express, now in the garage and totally bypass the line inside. I was allocated a car as I booked SUV, got Ford explorer brand new but if you get regular cars economy to luxury you now choose your own from the catagory section.
Arrived at Hampton Inn LBV, really nice what we have seen but now have to be up in 4 hours for the Shuttle Launch.

Glad to hear that you got there safely Wayne - and I am so jealous that you are going to see another shttle launch.
We have wanted to see one of these for a long time but they always seem to get cancelled when we are there.
Enjoy your holiday :thumbsup2

Hi Wayne, Karen & Matt :wave2::wave2::wave2:

Glad you arrived safely. :thumbsup2

Are going to go to Space View Park in Titusville again?
Would like to see the launch pics if you get chance
Will you be visiting Manny's on this trip?

Tell those Disney bods to hurry up and sort the 2011 OKW/SSR dining plan out
The Brits are getting restless! :rotfl:

Enjoy!...speak soon :goodvibes

Hi Wayne et al:thumbsup2

I was so excited to see you off on your hols again - i love getting your daily updates, makes me feel like I am 'almost' there too!!:goodvibes

Hope you enjoyed the shuttle launch, they are so moving to watch aren't they?? - we were all in tears, it was so emotional!;)

Have a great time:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Hope you have a great holiday but remember mate it's a holiday.
You can tell everyone about it when you get back, stay away from that pc. :)

watched the shuttle launch on sky - looked cool:surfweb:
i agree with prince johnny, enjoy your hols:wizard:

very true - you do deserve a break from the PC - but feel free to do a lovely report with lots of piccies when you get home!!!:goodvibes

Hope you are having a great time - looks like the weather has warmed up too! :goodvibes

very true - you do deserve a break from the PC -

An hour on the laptop end of each day is relaxing time for me :)

Got up at 3:45am this morning and rushed off to Titusville, hit a bit of traffic arrived about 20 mins to launch, it was packed, way more people than the one we saw August a few years ago. Easy to park, viewing point not too bad. My 1st night launch and the last there will be, amazing sight. Sorry pics not great, night launch very difficult without tripod. So glad we struggled with tiredness to go. Also a bit of video by Matt on YouTube, better than nothing but very difficult in dark. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qU-ZGXX9dt8
On way back, as we had not eaten since yesterday lunch, decided to try Cracker Barrel for brunch, 1st time here and as good as we were told it was, see pic table filled with food incl sirloin steak 3 eggs & hash browns each for myself and Matt, all for $32, great value.
Did some of the dreaded shopping we had to do, Matt got Tshirts & Converse trainers.
Rest for a while this afternoon then out for a meal with friends at Ale House, full rack of baby back ribs and 20(at least 25) shrimp, Matt and Karen had chicken parmesan, $48 total with 3 sodas. Pics when I upload.
Couple of pics of the car we have and I posted a pic in Purple Van thread.

Tomorrow I think we are doing Universal or Islands then to DTD for a book signing, Ridley Pearson, his new book Kingdom Keepers 3 is just out, Matt wants it and to meet him.

Almost forgot, so far best Easter weather we have had yet peaked about 87 today:cloud9: hope it carries on.

IMG_2012.jpg

IMG_2011.jpg

IMG_2054.jpg

IMG_2055.jpg

IMG_2073.jpg

IMG_2072.jpg

IMG_2071.jpg

Enjoy the rest of your stay Wayne, the SUV and Food look great, can't wait for July to come round.

Fabulous photos. I've had a real yearning to be back in Florida this last week or so and they're not helping one bit! :teeth:

As usual Wayne a couple of great pics to remind us all what we are missing.
Sounds like it was well worth getting up early for the launch, and I am extremely jealous.

I sincerely hope you are working in some relaxation time today!

Aaaah, Florida ..... BIG cars, BIG food, BIG fun .....! Have a wonderful time Wayne. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter