Les Chefs de France??

Sue (mom of 3 boys!)

DIS Veteran
DH and I have a dinner ADR (free dining plan) there because we are spending an evening at EPCOT. I have read so many mixed or negative reviews that I am rethinking our choice, but really haven't seen any sit down EPCOT restaurant that has excellent reviews.

DH and I aren't particularly picky eaters, but do appreciate a good meal.

I'd love some more info/feedback on Chefs. I have read the reviews here and on allears, as well as the wdw site.

WWYD? Keep the ADR, or dump it and go somewhere else? (Signature restaurants and buffets are not an option.)

TIA:)

DD15 and I really liked Chefs. Our food was well-prepared, tasty, and the service was impeccable. The atmosphere is very similar to that of restaurants we went to on our trip to Paris. We don't go to Chefs every time we go to Disney, but it's on our list of restaurants we enjoy.

FWIW, we also really like Biergarten, and San Angel Inn is pretty good, too. We didn't enjoy Teppan Edo because we feel the hibachi here at home (well, in Portland) is just as good and comes with soup, salad, and shrimp, which TE doesn't include; it's an additional cost. We also didn't care for the Chinese restaurant, mostly because we can get Chinese here at home that's just as good, with a far wider variety of dishes. Those are the only WS restaurants we have tried.

By the way, Chefs has a three-course prix fixe meal that is available to those on the DDP, so for one credit you get an appetizer along with dinner and dessert!

We ate at Chef's de France for lunch on our last trip, and we LOVED it! Definitely one of the best meals that we had.

Chefs in the only restaurant I've been to in Disney that I will NEVER return to. The food was like it came out a bad frozen boxed dinner. Our service was poor as well. When we complained to our server, he just shrugged his shoulders.

I see so many people rave about it, but any photos I see still looks like dreck they nuked in the microwave. It's a poor representation of French food and it saddens me to think that people go in there and think that's what French food is really like.

I would definitely dump the ADR.

As for where else to go, I've also been to Via Napoli, Marrakesh, Coral Reef, and Le Cellier. Of those, the best was by far Via Napoli.

Le Cellier was good, but not for the steak (those were just average). The other items were really yummy though.

I didn't care much for Coral Reef. They had an excellent appetizer, but poor entrees.

Marrakesh was good all around. Not amazing, but certainly enjoyable.

Via Napoli has really great, authentic Neopolitan style pizza.

We had lunch there last week and we were very happy with it. Like any restaurant there are good and bad services.
We also had lunch at Teppan Edo in the Japan pavilion. It was great. However people we shared our table with were awful, boring and stuck up!!! Would have been more fun with people who didn't take themselves so seriously:rolleyes1

We ate there last August. Really nothing to complain about. Our server was pretty good as was the food. If you are expecting authentic French you are nuts though. As with everything in the world it is the Disney version of a cuisine. They are not going to give an authentic representation because they know the vast majority of kids wouldn't eat it. The only other thing that was less than optimal was the spacing. The tables are very close to each other. This is also pretty typical in WDW although at this restaurant it almost felt like it should be that way.

We tried Chefs last year for dinner, and it was GREAT. We are returning there 9/30 but this time for lunch. My fiance said they had the best lobster bisque he has ever had, and he really liked the chocolate cake dessert (he had the 3-course meal). He wasn't as crazy about the beef short ribs entree. I had the filet, and it was wonderful. Cooked perfectly and served with yummy potatoes and green beans. Kids had the chicken strips and noodles with sauce on the side. They ate it all, so they must have liked it. The service was excellent, refills were prompt and the server was so sweet and patient with my DS 2. I would recommend giving it a try!!!

DH and I have a dinner ADR (free dining plan) there because we are spending an evening at EPCOT. I have read so many mixed or negative reviews that I am rethinking our choice, but really haven't seen any sit down EPCOT restaurant that has excellent reviews.

Well, that should tell you all you need to know. Every restaurant gets mixed reviews of some sort. The best thing to do is go there and decide for yourself!

FWIW, I love Chefs de France and go there for lunch at least once on every trip to WDW.

Ate at Chefs on 9/8 (early dinner) and had a wonderful meal. DH and I both ordered the 3 course meal. DH had the lobster bisque, the shortribs, and the puffed pastery with ice cream and chocolate. He enjoyed all the courses, although he said the main dish was good, but not excellent. He LOVED the dessert. I had the french onion soup (OMG, was the crock it came in BIG!), the 1/2 chicken with roasted potatoes and tomatos, and the chocolate mousse cake. All of my food was delicious! Our girls both had the chicken and pasta and said it was good. They also had mango sorbet for dessert, which the girls loved.

As one PP said , it is a bit tight in the restaurant, but we had a lovely corner table in the section off to the right (could look right out into the walk way back into France) and thought it was perfect for us. Remy was an additional bonus to see... cute itea!

Give it a try! It's one thing to read reviews, as everyone has a different opinion, but I can say that we're glad we went.

Good luck!
Kelly

We prefer lunch there. The onion soup is really good and we usually get it with the quiche that they have as one of the specials. Have eaten there several times for dinner and left sorry that I hadn't had the LeCellier filet instead.

We also haven't been overwhelmed by the French desserts there.

DH and I ate there once, and won't go back. It was not worth the price, thank goodness we had the dining plan, it was so expensive! And, to be honest, the whole reason I picked it was because I really wanted to see Remy, haha. And even though I know he isn't promised to come out, when he didn't I was sad, lol! But the food was just not that great. While we've never had awful service at WDW, this place was truly the worst in that area if I had to pick one. Good luck in your decision! :)

We've eaten there twice, Sept. 2009 and again this past May. We very much enjoyed our meals both times we were there. Remy came to our table both times too. This past May we had 4 kids in our party, aged 11, 6, 5 and 4 and they all found something they liked on the menu and LOVED Remy.

Our only disappointment this past May was that they no longer had ratatouille on the menu like they did in 2009.

DH and I just ate there on Saturdaynight and really enjoyed it. I had the fillet and it was cooked just the way I like it and was really juicy. My DH had some kind of mixed seafood dish and really liked it as well. I say try it and enjoy!

this is dbf and my favorite restaurant. we eat there at least once a trip, usually twice. service is good, though sometimes the timing is off (i do eat slowly, so maybe it's me). the food is amazing. the onion soup is actually to die for. one time i just decided to have 2 of the soups for my meal because i was so in love with it. if i could eat that soup every day, i'd have no problem with it.

Great baguette bread, cheeses & salads. Entrees leave much to be desired (haven't found one that I like-and I've lost count of how many times we been here) but the desserts are pretty good (love their creme brulee!!).

I enjoy the atmosphere more than the food I think (sigh):cloud9:

we ate there 9/11 and enjoyed it. I have a review on the Dining Reviews board and will post my review of Chefs with pics soon

DD15 and I really liked Chefs. Our food was well-prepared, tasty, and the service was impeccable. The atmosphere is very similar to that of restaurants we went to on our trip to Paris. We don't go to Chefs every time we go to Disney, but it's on our list of restaurants we enjoy.

FWIW, we also really like Biergarten, and San Angel Inn is pretty good, too. We didn't enjoy Teppan Edo because we feel the hibachi here at home (well, in Portland) is just as good and comes with soup, salad, and shrimp, which TE doesn't include; it's an additional cost. We also didn't care for the Chinese restaurant, mostly because we can get Chinese here at home that's just as good, with a far wider variety of dishes. Those are the only WS restaurants we have tried.

By the way, Chefs has a three-course prix fixe meal that is available to those on the DDP, so for one credit you get an appetizer along with dinner and dessert!

I was just about to ask if the three-course price fixe meal was available on the DDP as I was uncertain. I could not find this confirmed anywhere. Thanks for the heads up.

We have eaten here twice for lunch and once for dinner. We've had excellent service each time. The food comes out kinda slow but it is always hot, presented beautifully and very yummy. It is a must do on our list.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter