Less known tips to pack for seasoned traveler

APiratesLifeForMe2

DIS Veteran
We are seasoned WDW travelers and DVC members. We have two kids (7 and 2) and our next trip is 8 nights at Boulder Ridge Villas in a 2 bedroom. For this next trip I’m looking for the maybe less known tips or tricks to pack that just make the trip a little easier.

What we already do/have:
1. Owners locker has our toiletries, popcorn buckets, bubble wands with refills, light up toys with batteries, USB tower, stroller fans, ponchos
2. Just bought hanging organizers for the kids to keep in the closet!
3. Just bought over the door hooks for bathroom towels
4. Also bought a phone holder for the airplane to clip to the tray table
5. We also pack a foldable mattress for the pack n play and sheets are in the owners locker

So what else might our family benefit from having or packing?

Super thin waterproof crib mats, like the kind that are about 1/8in thick, 14x18in with flannel on each side. They're perfect for putting down on a ride seat after the rain or having a kid sit on while waiting for the parade. They roll or fold up pretty small, so they don't take up much room in the backpack and they're washable. It's worth taking so you won't have a kid complaining about a wet butt.

Super thin waterproof crib mats, like the kind that are about 1/8in thick, 14x18in with flannel on each side. They're perfect for putting down on a ride seat after the rain or having a kid sit on while waiting for the parade. They roll or fold up pretty small, so they don't take up much room in the backpack and they're washable. It's worth taking so you won't have a kid complaining about a wet butt.
Clever!

We used dollar store fabric storage bins to corral clothes, mouse ears, snacks, and by the door for shoes- also found under the bed shoe organizers at doller store that we used for actually packing our shoes for travel. And various other dollar store containers for things like toothbrushes and toothpaste by the sink, and toiletries we wanted to grab quickly without digging through our travel bag.

For sunscreen application I packed some cheap makeup sponges, as I hate getting sunscreen on my hands applying it.

We used dollar store fabric storage bins to corral clothes, mouse ears, snacks, and by the door for shoes- also found under the bed shoe organizers at doller store that we used for actually packing our shoes for travel. And various other dollar store containers for things like toothbrushes and toothpaste by the sink, and toiletries we wanted to grab quickly without digging through our travel bag.

For sunscreen application I packed some cheap makeup sponges, as I hate getting sunscreen on my hands applying it.
Love these ideas!!

I bring a small pair of scissors.
My husband leaves a pair in outside zipper pocket of checked bag. We use zip ties to keep zipper closed and use the scissors to open. I pack duck tape. I’ve fixed the luggage, a broken flip flop and a loose hem. My home tool box is wd40, duck tape, a hammer and a screw driver.

I always pack memo clips. Great to clip snack bags closed or pin drapes shut. And ziplock bags. Great for snack, protecting wallets and phones during rainstorms or holding poncho's that are wet
I do this too. But when I forgot I discovered that the hangers with clips on them work well to close drapes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter