Let’s help new pin traders avoid the cheap pins

I just bid on a lot of 10 pins on e-bay. Could someone take a look at Item number: 260325271214? It said no sedesma, propins, or europins.

The only one I recognized was the stage pin, but that's a cast member hidden mickey pin, so that one's good. :thumbsup2

You can tell tho from the picture that it's the cheap trader sets from Disney, so it depends on how much those are going for at the parks now, and how much trading you want to be doing. Seems like a lot to me, but I'm not huge on spending the time trading.

You can tell tho from the picture that it's the cheap trader sets from Disney, so it depends on how much those are going for at the parks now, and how much trading you want to be doing. Seems like a lot to me, but I'm not huge on spending the time trading.

They are for the kids who will spend a lot of time trading.

That photo is terrible. If you want to bid on them I would ask them to post better pics of the pins.

I did get better pictures and they look like the ones you can buy at the parks

Thanks to whomever responded. :yay:

Here are a couple of the pictures:

BoosterCollection-PiratesoftheCarib.jpg

BoosterCollection-WaltDisneysPeterP.jpg

BoosterPack-DisneysCaliforniaAdvent.jpg

Booster_Collection_-_Winnie_the_-1.jpg

They look like the normal pin trading packs sold at WDW to me. According to the post, there are 16 packages of 4 pins each. So that would be 64 pins total. $2 per pin would be $128. So this would be in the range that I would look to pay for trading pins.

hi everyone! i was wondering if it is acceptable to trade Disney Store Exclusive pins? i have this one:

7aa6_1.JPG
?

also, i don't have a lanyard to wear - should i just pin it to my shirt i'm wearing that day and see if someone will trade with me? is there any designated place to trade [i've heard the monorail is popular]? is there a proper way to ask about someone's pin if it is for trade?

thank you :D

hi everyone! i was wondering if it is acceptable to trade Disney Store Exclusive pins? i have this one:

7aa6_1.JPG
?

also, i don't have a lanyard to wear - should i just pin it to my shirt i'm wearing that day and see if someone will trade with me? is there any designated place to trade [i've heard the monorail is popular]? is there a proper way to ask about someone's pin if it is for trade?

Yes you can trade Disney Store pins.

You don't need to wear the pin if you don't want to. I carry my pins in a bag instead of wearing them. I only trade with CMs, so I look for CMs with trading lanyards that aren't green. CMs with green lanyards only trade with kids. To trade with a CM, just find a CM with a lanyard and ask to see their pins. If you see a pin that you want, then you can trade your pin for it as long as the CM doesn't have that pin on their lanyard.

7aa6_1.JPG
?

That pin is definitely tradeable. My job at WDW is pin trading and answering questions - I'm a greeter. You don't have to wear the pins you want to trade. Lots of traders have them in their backpacks. You should just approach any cast member that has pins (as long as it is not a green lanyard or green pin pad - these are just for children). If a cast member has pins on (lanyard or pin pad), then we expect to trade pins - it's our job. You just approach us and ask "may I please see your pins". Then if there is a pin you would like to trade, you tell us. We will then give you the pin and you in turn give us whatever pin you would like to trade. We don't get to pick what we want from your pins. As long as it is a Disney pin and we don't already have that pin on our lanyard or pin pad, then we take your pin. You can trade with the same cast member for two pins every day. And we are everywhere. I work at the Beach Club. You will find cast members that trade pins at the resorts and at the parks and at Downtown Disney ... where there are cast members, there will be cast members that have pins to trade!

gosh.. reading your response make me wish I was pin trading! We are booking a trip for Hilton Head Resort this summer and one of the trip highlights will be pin trading! :)

As stated we have rarely traded with anyone but a CM. I did not know they pin traded at Hilton Head. We have pin traded at Vero but never thought about it for Hilton head. :)

Donald is #1 and TeenaS, thank you so very much for your help! Ursula will be packed for Monday :D

Any insight into this ebay auction as a first set of trading pins?

Ebay auction #400025850597.

Should I go for these or a mixed lot from pinfinder?

Any insight into this ebay auction as a first set of trading pins?

Ebay auction #400025850597.

Should I go for these or a mixed lot from pinfinder?

For a $1.85 a piece, yes I would. These look (at least from the picture) like they are all cast member hidden mickey pins, so they would be great to trade. I didn't look at the site carefully tho, are the pins pictured what you're getting or just an example? I'll go back and look.
ETA: Looks good to me

Thanks for the quick feedback!

Pinfinder is running a sale right now and I can get a lot there for $1.45 per pin. Is that a better deal? Same idea? Pinfinder doesn't show the exact pins you will get, but does say no propins, no sedesma, and no eurodisney pins.

Is it 1.45 with or without the shipping? I haven't dealt with either company, so I'd say go with whoever you feel better about. I'd probably do the one where I could see some of the pins, but if they both have good ratings either should be good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter