Let There be Light!!! (Lamps, Lanterns & Other Light Fixtures at Disneyland Resort)

Sherry E

Currently tag-less...
I'm a detail-oriented person. I speak in detail. I write in detail. I take detailed pictures. I notice the details around Disneyland Resort.

But, that said, one aspect of Disneyland Resort that I had never paid much attention to (prior to joining the DIS, of course!) was the lighting element. Just as there are other themed accents in the lands or sections of each Disney park (such as, perhaps, flowers, window displays or weather vanes), there are many light fixtures which also serve to complement the various themes. And when you first begin to notice them, you will find that you start to see these ornate and detailed gems everywhere. I still haven't spotted all of them. They are everywhere.

Some of our fellow DIS'ers have been on quiet light fixture quests for a while - deejdigsdis and bumbershoot were among the first that I recall posting light fixture photos in their Trip Reports. Mariezp has gotten some really good shots too. Belle Ella and tksbaskets have also taken light photos. And, more recently, mvf-m11c (Bret) has joined in the quest with great success.

While I probably don't have quite the array of light/lamp/lantern photos that the previously mentioned DIS'ers have, I will share a few just to get the thread going, and hopefully other folks will join in with their own contributions!

If you have been secretly taking photos of the themed light fixtures around DLR and didn't know what to do with them, this is the place to share those photos!!

Bret/mvf-m11c suggested that we shouldn't indicate where these lights/lanterns/lamps can be found in DLR and instead have people guess the locations. So I will just post some pictures without a description. I think it will be really obvious where many of these lights can be found, though!

IMG_1473.jpg

IMG_2723.jpg

IMG_1611.jpg

IMG_1649.jpg

IMG_1651.jpg

IMG_2078.jpg

IMG_0174.jpg

IMG_5085.jpg

IMG_5086.jpg

IMG_3063.jpg

IMG_5079.jpg

IMG_3994.jpg

IMG_4005.jpg

IMG_4777.jpg

IMG_4778.jpg

IMG_2309.jpg

IMG_2313.jpg

IMG_2410.jpg

Very nice pictures of the light fixture Sherry. :thumbsup2 I thought it would be neat to do the guessing part of where these light fixtures are at the DLR which should make this thread interesting.

I will guess your pictures shortly since I am about to have dinner.

Here are some of my light fixtures for a start.

7410307752_50d72581ca_z.jpg

7410313308_57a4dd5121_z.jpg

7396348202_28157a0f33_z.jpg

7396270068_3027be515f_z.jpg

7190324261_0f4bf8bbdd_z.jpg

7375490638_524fbce310_z.jpg

7375450404_971a984bda_z.jpg

7369922424_8a8e29e1f0_z.jpg

7369641592_5facfd027f_z.jpg

I blame it all on Deej! Now I look for unusual lamps and lights.

IMG_3985watermark.jpg

IMG_3898watermark.jpg

IMG_3808watermark.jpg

IMG_3614watermark.jpg

IMG_3592watermark.jpg

IMG_3407watermark.jpg

WOW you can tell what time of year I visited last. I simply adore how Disney changes themeing for the seasons!

Great thread title Sherry! I don't want to post all of mine at once. Any guesses as to where this one might be? ;)

IMG_7390-1.jpg

Is it just me or do the light fixtures all seem to have little tattle tale things about their locations?

092-32.jpg

Is it just me or do the light fixtures all seem to have little tattle tale things about their locations?

092-32.jpg

:rotfl2: Ain't that the truth? I think that some of mine that I posted are so unbelievably obvious. They are dead giveaways.

I know where your photo is from, Michele (because I remember the DLR trip you took!), but I'm not sure about Deej's. Hmmm. I know where many of TK's photos are from (and the time of year when she last visited:rotfl2:). I know where a couple of Bret's photos are from, but most of those are harder to pinpoint. I don't want to reveal the answers though, because I am hoping someone else with secret light fixture photos will pop out of the woodwork and join in the fun.

Mariezp needs to jump in because she has some good ones too, such as a nifty "hook" light fixture (hmmm...wonder where that might be located in DL?;)).

Deej - Thank you! I'm glad you like the title. I am stumped on where your photo was taken.

Sherry I know where a lot of yours were taken. This is a fun thread, similar to the bathroom signs that people were posting a couple years back. I'd like to find that thread again, I can add a photo from Club 33's ladies room now. :)

Great Thread idea!!!

Gonna include this one since I just uploaded it.

IMG_3867.jpg

Oh, I have some to share! Not all are from within the parks, but they are on DLR property.

DSC_6732ab.jpg

DSC_6919a.jpg

DSC_6128a.jpg

DSC_6127a.jpg

We will be there in a few weeks, perhaps I can add to the collection!

What a fun thread! I've never paid a whole lot of attention to the light fixtures before either but they sure do play a big part in setting the mood of different areas. All of them are so different and yet exactly right for the theme!

I'm so happy to see that other folks have been posting and sharing photos! (Kerri, I bumped the bathroom sign thread for you, yesterday!)

Here are more 'light' pictures for today, demonstrating the different ways light is displayed around DLR...

IMG_1537.jpg

IMG_1563.jpg

IMG_1570.jpg

IMG_1575.jpg

IMG_1576.jpg

IMG_2116.jpg

IMG_2139.jpg

IMG_2140.jpg

IMG_1693.jpg

IMG_2196.jpg

IMG_2756.jpg

IMG_2779.jpg

IMG_4422.jpg

IMG_4937.jpg

IMG_4984.jpg

IMG_5005.jpg

IMG_5015.jpg

IMG_5022.jpg

IMG_5023.jpg

Another way in which light is used...

IMG_4840.jpg

IMG_4846.jpg

IMG_4849.jpg

IMG_4854.jpg

Thanks Sherry!! I appreciate you bumping that for me. :) I'll have to go add my photo. :)

I like those last 4 you posted a lot, how fun!

Is it wrong that I want about half of these fixtures for my house? Maybe not the bug-butt lights or the elaborate crystal chandeliers but most everything else? I will look through my pix and see if I have any that don't repeat.

PHXscuba

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter