Let's get to know each other....

Hiya! :wave:

I don't know why, but I get a little weird about publishing my name or children's names on a public message board (although I have no problem sharing it in PM's!) So! I'll just tell ya about us, sans names!

I'm a divorced Mom to 2 sons, ages 9 & 7. I work from home (lots of little things) and am also a student; for now to get certified as a paralegal, and eventually (if I like working in the field of law) to become a lawyer.

I'm very fortunate to have been raised by an extremely frugal mother (and spendthrift father) who passed her money management skills on to me. Dad passed on his taste for finer things. I'm know to all my friends as the woman who gets the very best for the very least. Which is why the concept of rewards programs appeals to me (although I think it'll be a looooong while before I cash in on anything! *sigh*)

Disney was so remote to me as a child, the concept of 'yearly visits' never occured to me. I went twice as a youngster, both day trips while visiting my grandpa in Florida. I went for my first multi-day onsite trip in the 2nd year of our marriage. I was hooked, but my then-husband thought I was nuts. The year after our divorce, I finally took the kids. On visit #2 with the kids, I bought a timeshare so now I am hoping we can do yearly visits. We've been 3 times now, and our 4th trip is planned in August. We tend to toggle between budget trips/luxury trips. This year's our luxury trip. Wee-hee!

I found DIS about a year ago, and registered as BedKnobbery. Didn't visit for several months, and forgot my password and couldn't get the 'send my password' function to work. So now, I'm BedKnobbery2. :D

BK

Hi everyone...my name is Lora and I am a long time disneyholic....

I am from KY and the mother of two grown DS, Charlie who is 25 and Johnnie who is 23. Both of whom are grown of course and on their own. Oldest son is in the Army and younger son works in engineering.

I am a customer service manager for a national company, and work full time generally..though I am laid off for right now...Going back first of the month which is good...:)

We have been to Disney 12 times over the last 15 years...and hope to go again in May 2003. We loved visiting with the boys and now we love to visit as Empty nesters....

I have doing internet incentive programs for about two years...and on our trip in 1999 I paid for our entire stay at the courtyard by marriott in Disney Village with my GF from Free Ride...and I paid for many dinners that trips. That was when the programs really paid a lot and it was easier to earn awards.

MY DH, my son and myself are doing Blink now for our upcoming trip....and we are doing well with it so far.

Nice to meet my fellow clickers.......

LI Debbie, I'm a graduate of SUNY Binghamton! My daughter is a freshman at SUNY Cortland.

My turn at bat,

Hi everyone, My name is Chrystal.
I live in central California, I have been married almost ten yrs have three
Disney crazy children, DS Ryan 18, DD Paxton 8, DS Johnny 5.
I am a Floral designer.
We average two DL trips a yr, DHubbie thinks Ive went over the edge, but indulges me.
DH and I made our first trip alone this past yr, his mistake he never should have asked me what I wanted for our anniversary.
I started doing the rewards programs a couple months ago after I found the rewards forum.
I just had to be nosy and see what it was all about LOL.
A lot of fun.
I want to thank everyone who has posted all the great info, tips and insight, by the time i get home and can set down to do my rewards its late some times its the next day on the east coast.

Thanks again to all that have given their time and wisdom.

Chrystal.

Hi everyone,
My name is MaryAnne, and I sooooo love WDW!!! I have been on the DIS for a while, well over a year now. I am usually a SAHM, but I do work part time occasionally for a school teaching an afterschool program and also a gift shop. I usually work when I need money to pay for our next Disney trip. I have vowed to use our income tax checks evey year for a nice Disney trip! This way I'm guaranteed to go at least once a year. I live on Long Island in New York and I have a DH,DD 10 and DS8. We all love Disney- but no one more than me. I have to admit I check the DIS boards frequently through the day. I had gone to WDW a couple of times as a young adult, once with DH before we had kids. We took the family to WDW for the first time in Oct 2000. We were all hooked and upgraded our tickets to AP's. You know what that means. Have ticket will go, have tickets will go! We went four times in that year, it was best!
I have been doing rewards off and on for the last 1 1/2 years. In the beginning, I had alot of GC for Rainforest with Freeride, milesource and Beenz. Oh how I wish....... Now I have only been doing Milesource, CR(with EBAY) and I've been trying to cash out on SC for awhile now but I lose paitience with them not crediting correctly. I want to add more, one at a time,soon. My next trip is in Sept 2002. Driving(to keep expences dowm) 6 nights Disney off site, and 3 nights at...oh ... should I say ......Hard Rock Hotel. Oh well , I could talk forever, I'll let the next person go.

Hi. It's me. Real name Val. From PA.. Just outside of Philadelphia.
I think I'm the oldest here, but that's another story, I have been
going to The world since 1973.. My DH worked for USSteel and we got
a invitation and discount tickets so we took the old Trailor and off
we went, at that time there were only a few hotels on disney
property and none that we could afford, So we camped the first of
many trips to Disney, But we still enjoyed the trips. We at that time with
3 children averaged a trip every other year.So it's been a long time for me to be stuck
with this Disneyitis, I am sorry to say the DH is Disneydificent.but supports me in
my quest to move neat the mouse, And as I will be retiring next June.The
quest is quite close by,,In Sept... we will be at The World,once again.
Then in June of next year DH is giving me a cruise on the wonder as a
Retirement gift.Then from there we go to make arraingements for our new home. Located
IN Florida, in the Ocala area,,,My 3 children are gone all over the place. And my 1 Granddaughter
wiil be graduating from College (Kutztown) in May of next year. There is little to keep me here. Not that I
need much to get me near the mouse.Husband says he has no problem
finding work in Florida, As he is in Systems and there is plenty of work. I do not allow
him to retire, He would drive me nuts being home all day,Week-end are
enough thank you.. Love him Dearly but you understand how it is..with retired men..
Hobbys are Collecting disney and to that end I am fortunate there is a Lenox outlet near me so I shop.. there for I must keep him working..I work for a local school system in Support Staff. And DH works for a staffing company. I could go on but ran out of space..

Hi! - I know it's taken me a while, but here it goes.

I am Dave's wife Jackie (not always known that way, sometimes Dave is Jackie's husband ;) ) We live about 25 miles south of Buffalo, NY and like Dave said, it is beautiful here. We live just up the street from Lake Erie & summers are wonderful.

We have two great boys, Anthony 11 and Drew 8, and a great daughter, Sara 5. (You can see them below on our Halloween trip to WDW) I work full time as a clerk in the County Hospital so my weekends are spent cleaning and taking the kids to Karate class. I just started classes and LOVE them! Of course, the kids have been doing it for a year & they are WAY better than me:p

I try to be diligent at these rewards programs, but sometimes get discouraged or just plain tired of doing them, but for the most part I keep at it.

Dave built me a GREAT car for the short summers. It's a 1967 Camaro painted Hugger Orange with black racing stripes. I must admit, it's a beautiful site and my summertime (ok, and maybe wintertime) passion.

That's about it for me & welcome to all the new folks! We're glad to have you.

Jackie

...oh Jackie....a 67' Camero..................sounds so nice..........one day!!

Hi! I'm from a little town in the southern part of Maryland. My whole family - DH, DD - 17 and DS - 14 are crazy about Disney. I have always worked full time so vacation time is always extra special. We haven't been to Disney since Nov 01 and it is driving me crazy. Next trip is scheduled for July to celebrate DD's high school graduation.

I am a regular board lurker but don't post a lot! I started out with Point Click right before it started to go down. I was able to get a free 4-day pass. Now, I pretty much just do My Points.

I appreciate all the help and advice I find on the Rewards Board - I check it several times during the day!!

Carole

I'm Cindy, from mid-Michigan. I found the DIS years ago when planning our first trip to WDW, and returned a couple years ago to plan for our first cruise. Of course, once here, with all these wonderful forums and more trips to plan, I'll never leave! Right now we are planning a trip to WDW in Dec of this year with my Mom, who hasn't been to WDW since her one and only trip in 1976. So we will have Grandma, DH, myself, DS 11 and DD 9 on the trip. We decided to splurg and stay at AKL (that's why I'm finding various ways to get those Disney Dollars). Meanwhile, we also have our second cruise planned for April 2003. Never thought I would be the cruising type, but we really enjoyed DCL!

DS and DD are involved in all those typical kid things - soccer, piano, flute, trumpet, boy and girl scouts - so I guess I am truly a soccer mom. I was a high school teacher for 16 years, and now I am working on my PhD dissertation. DH is an automotive engineer who appreciates imagineering (we had an imagineer on our cruise - DH really enjoyed his presentations).

Nice to read all about you - and thanks for making this forum a great place! I've learned so much from all of you!

Seriously, I don't need any Samoas; I have my own case. We are down to only two boxes, though. . . .

For those that don't know, Samoas are another type of Girl Scout cookie. I'm the cookie mom for my DD 11's, troop. I just finished up with that and am sooooo glad! It takes a lot of time, but I'd rather spend time doing that in one big block than doing other things for the troop here and there.

I too am a SAHM (took me a couple of posts to figure that one out!) with three children. I'm 37-years-old. DD 11 starts middle school next year, so that's a big deal around here right now. DS#1, 5 is delayed developmental a bit and will start Kindergarden next fall. Most people can understand him most of the time, now. DS#2, 3 is in preschool and is my water-baby. (Born in a birthing tub in the attendence of a midwife.) I guess I shouldn't leave DH out, he's 40 something (don't make me do the math) and indulges me in my obession of WDW without any twisting of his arm (he's a little nuts, too).

I am soooo obsessed with WDW; it's my home away from home. I am always trying to figure out when we can get back there. Our first trip in 1997 was with friends (not again), driving from Kansas City, MO, staying off site. Our second trip, the one I kept telling everyone that we weren't taking was the one that really started it all! My DH would say, "We're going to DW" to somebody. And I would say, "He doesn't know what he's talking about. We can't afford to go to DW." But as things turned out we had free airline tickets that we needed to use before the expired and guess where we went! Who would have thought?! Anyway, prior to the trip DH wanted to buy at book about WDW. Again, I think he's crazy! We bought The Unofficial Guild to WDW with Children. A week later I was back at the book store to buy the "big" book.

After that trip we've never stayed off site again, and most likely won't. It's more of a vacation for me if we are onsite.

We go to TDS nearly every Saturday as our outing just to get a little fix of Disney!

We are so bad. DS 3, says everytime we are driving out of the driveway, "Disney World here we come!"

Our next trip is kind of up in the air, so I'm not telling the kids. If things go as planned, we will fly to KC, MO to visit my mom for Thanksgiving. We will leave there Thanksgiving night and of course we will let the children think we are going home. It will be dark when we get into Tampa (doing the beach thing first or so that's the plan), they'll be sleepy and hopfulling won't realize we aren't home. We'll see.

I had better stop rattling on. I'm sure it's someone elses turn, now.

Thanks for all the great posts!

Lori

5/1997 Off site, 2/2000 Off site, 2/2001 Poly, 10/2001 POFQ, AKL & Magic, 1/2002 ASMo & AKL, 12/2002 CSR & CR

I'm so sorry that I have not posted on this thread sooner.

My name is Gina I'm a SAHM with two girls, Brittanie 8 and Alexis 3 and of course my husband Frank who is 35. We live just outside New Haven, along the shoreline in CT. I've been on the Dis boards for about a year now, since planning my last trip that we took the beginning of December, but only the past month or so have been doing reward programs. So I'm kinda new at them, alittle wet behind the ears!

I'm also looking forward to our next trip which is a while away. We are doing our first Disney Cruise and visiting our true love the Poly. So far we have my inlaws joining us for the cruise and probably a day in the parks before and I 'm working on my parents to join us for part of our park stay. They want to go to Daytona instead of the cruise.

My two daughters are Disney freaks just like me. My little one keeps saying while getting dressed in the morning "we are going to Disney today, yup, gotta get dressed to go back to Disney", she breakes my heart! Anyway we may squeeze in a trip this Oct/Nov if we find out any info on my husbands lawsuit from a accident he was in last year. He's off next week because we are getting new rugs put in, what a choir that is packing everything to move furniture, so he's gonna contact our attorney. Hopefully we'll hear so good news soon and I'll get another Disney fix!

Let's see, I'm a co-leader in Brownies and also a soccer mom. My little one is also planning on playing soccer. I am looking forward to going back to work part time when my youngest goes to school. But I have a good 2 years for that so until then I have plenty of time to obsess over the mouse!!!

:bounce:

Hi Everyone!

Can't believe I never posted to this thread, so here goes!

I am Karen, (32) married to DH Tom (35) and we have 1 DS -Jacob who is 5 1/2. Dh & I were married 10 years ago yesterday. I am a WAHM since I own a registered family daycare here in Rochester, NY. DH works in the forensic field and DS is an avid hockey player at his young age. My daycare allows me to spend a bit of time online during the day since my families have flexible schedules plus I have a hired helper as well.

Our first trip to WDW (9/00) was upon us before I ever heard of the DIS. I logged on & quickly tried to absorb all the info I could before we left. Needless to say we tried to see & do alot but didn't succeed.

Once we decided to make a second trip (9/01) I planned to do as much as I could to learn about and save for our trip. Thanks to all here and on the mousesavers.com site we were able to save substantially on our hotel, airline tics, transfer via limo and meal vouchers. The rewards I earned pretty much paid for every lunch we ate and *almost* every souvenier we purchased (except for that 100 years suede jacket DH got-lol).

While I am not trying to save for a trip right now, hopefully one will be coming in the future. Right now I am losing weight gained after 5 years of infertility treatments and training to run in a marathon. I hope to eventually run (& complete-haha) the 26 mile WDW marathon in January 2004 as well. We are hoping to go to WDW 2xs in 2004, depending on DS' school schedule.

So thanks again for all the help to all, now I just need to get back into my "rewarding mode". The only program I do right now is Reward TV & I am never able to cash-in since I'm never around when its the right time-lol!

Who is next???

Hi!

Think I posted on the old thread, but will post again here. My name is Lisa and I live in beautiful Colorado! I work full time as a Nurse, am mom to 2 DD ages 6 & 10 and DH works in law enforcement. I have been to Disneyland multiple times, but have only been to Disney World once in 2000--what an awesome trip! We are planning our next trip for probably 2004.

In my "spare" time I am also a soccer mom to both DD, we frequently go camping, I garden, and I am the volunteer nurse at my DDs' school. I am an AVID FANATIC of the Colorado Avalanche and the Denver Broncos and am keeping my fingers crossed tightly that my beloved Avs will again make the Stanley Cup finals.

I am enjoying reading everyone's bios & getting to know all of you a little better!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter