Let's Get to know each other.....

Hi.....new here, been married for 23 yrs to a great guy have 6 [whew] kids Thank the good Lord they are pretty grown, try to make time for this computer and work to...can get pretty hectic always looking for short cuts or cut-outs and sometimes thats what I have to do...cut it out.... everyone here seems very nice and very helpful I like to sit back and take it all in and try to keep my big mouth to myself, not always easy. I went to Dis in California many years back, then 2 yrs ago drove to Alabama to visit a friend and then drove to Dis on our way back to[a definite sidetrack] NY...we want to go again [doesn't everyone?]
JoAnne

I am a 40 year old total disney nut. Started with these boards last year to work on my trip to Disney last December. I am married to a wonderful woman who accepted my 3 kids from my previous marriage. My DS are 15, 14, and 11 years old. Must need my head examined because my DW is expecting our first baby in March 11, 2002. Oh I live in Toledo, Ohio home of the famous Toledo Mud Hens who are moving in to a beautiful ball park for next season. It is hard being married to someone who is not as crazy as Disney as I am. She did enjoy epcot last year but did not like the Magic Kingdom or Animal Kingdom. The magic kingdom was mickey christmas party and it was just too packed to enjoy. So maybe we can go when the baby gets older in 3 or 4 years and she can enjoy it. Was able to talk my DW in buying 10 shares of Disney stock since it is so low.

Hi, I am Sue. As my name states I am WDWMom. We have been going to WDW for 7 years now, at about 12 trips. If you could see my family room you would really understand my name. Everything is Disney. I told my DH we had to contain the Disney stuff to the family room where only our family would see it. Other think we are nuts!!!

I have been married for 13 years, and have one DD and two DS's. Our kids nicknames are Skinny Minnie, Sticky Mickey (they are both very thin) and Jumbo Dumbo. My youngest DS is not fat, just not skinny like his sibs. Dumbo is his favorite character so he likes the nickname.

I started here at the rewards site after starting on the DVC. (We are members) I was sick of all the bickering going on there, so I moved around and started doing rewards. I only do Milesource and Mypoints now. Did Beenz for a while. In a year's time I have gotten about $50 in gift certs through these programs. We are going to WDW in March and I hope to have about $100 through milesource using both my name and DH.

I love you guys here. I do not post much, but you all seem to be wonderful and look out for each other. Keep up the great work.

Sue

Sue,

I for one would love to see your family room. Could you post a picture of it?

I have some Disney items but they are spread out around the house. I would love to do a Disney theme room.

Rosanna

Hi,

My name is Trish (I am Jdads2 sister). I'm pretty new at this posting thing. I like Dave haven't been to WDW before and our first trip is Oct.25-31. Well, here goes. Our family-DHof 2 years and DS 11 1/2. We live in Rocky Mount, NC recently moved from south of Buffalo, NY. The weather here is great (better than NY--no 2 feet of snow in Nov.TeeHee) I'm a poohaholic and am very afraid I may pass out from excitement upon seeing the bear himself. Thanx for all your help everyone. You have helped greatly.

I'm your neighbor to the North. Me and my DH are from Adrian, Mi. We go to Toledo
quite often to shop and diner.

:wave: :bounce: :bounce: :wave:

hello to all of you! wow, so many new posters to this board.
hm... and i think there might be some familiar faces from other boards... ;)

Hi! My name is Julie and I am married to my husband of 7 years, Todd. We have one son who will be 2 in Nov., Clayton David. We live in Holland, MI -- home of the "famous" Tulip Time Festival, lately known as the Stem Festival ! :) I work in a public library in a neighboring town, Zeeland, part-time as Library Assistant / Children's Librarian.

I am fairly new to the boards. I lurked for a few months before I actually registered in September. I was introduced to these boards by my sister-in-law, Tiggerish. I come to the Rewards board almost every day. I also check out the community board and occasionally the resorts board. I really appreciate all the great tips I find here. I do Milesource, MyPoints, and Memolink.

I am eagerly anticipating our trip to Disney in November of 2002. We (me, DH, and DS) are going with my folks and my sister-in-law. I can't wait! This will be the first time in a long time that I have stayed on site. My DH and I have done several day trips to WDW over the past 10 years because my in-laws live about 2 hours from Orlando during the Winter. When I was in high school, my parents, sister, and I stayed at the GF over Christmas. It was beautiful -- but very cold! It was actually colder in FL than in Michigan, believe it or not. Nonetheless, we had a marvelous time. This time we are taking a less expensive route and staying at POR in the Bayou (for the trundle bed). We will be celebrating my son's 3rd birthday while we are down there.

Thanks for all the great tips and posts! I really enjoy getting to know everyone through these boards.

Hi, my name is Karen. I live in Brampton, Ontario. I have a DH ( who's not so Disney as I am) and DD who is 6 yrs and is a disney nut just like her mom! We just got back from a visit to Disneyland two days ago.
I do Milesoursce, Treasuresurfing, Suzykats and My Points.
I would like to thank everyone who posts the trivia answers every week!

Karen
TDC Tantor (from RADP newsgroup)
DL Oct 01
WDW 00
WDW 98
WDW 92
DL 89
DL 75
DL 69
DL 63

Hello everyone! I'm Valerie (me), jrr is my 8 year old Nephew who I am taking on a surprise trip to WDW in January 2002.

As my profile suugest "I am crazy". I am also single with no kids of my own and have never spent "real quality time with no authority figure present " with my nephew...I think we are going to have a ball:D :D :D

Jrr and I both live in Western PA about 1 1/2 hours apart. He really is a good kid who has been thru some tough times, but my Brother has done a pretty good job of keeping him on the straight and narrow. On the other hand "the Grandpap" (I guess that makes him a DG) and Auntie Val (makes me a DA) spoil him rotten:D :D :D

I work full time as a floral designer at an "event florist" in Pittsburgh, PA. We do alot of weddings, parties, social events, and "floral stuff". Some days the hours are r e a l long....but, when I can keep my eyes open long enough I always try to log-on and see what you guys are up to!

When I found this site I jumped right into this rewarding stuff. You see I also have this shopping problem that is centered around finding the best deals. So right away I signed up for Milescourse, Mypoints, Silverclicks, Suzykats, and something else...I then quickly dropped Suzykats (site was to s l o w), Silverclicks (after I went in to clear my tempory internet files and found 1000's, most of which belonged to Silverclicks) and the other (I guess it was so bad that I forgot who it was...or it to went belly-up) So now I do Milescource (wish those Ghiardelli certs would come back!!!!!), Mypoints, RewardTV (really like this one!), and Creation Rewards. I am thinking about Click to the Magic (maybe after this trip to start on the next one...you just know that kid will want to go back!!!!!!)

Thanks also to Mal who got this whole tread started...you're the best!!!

Hi, everyone. I'm Jeanie and I've been lurking (more or less) here for a couple of weeks reading the posts. My family consists of me, DH & DD (15). We took our first trip in many years to WDW last Oct. The last time we went DD was 3! Now I'm a incurable WDW fanatic! I can't wait to go back & hopefully the rewards will help out a little.

After reading all the posts, I decided to jump in & join milesource & mypoints. Thanks to everyone for their how to posts, they have helped so much. The only other reward site I have done was FreeRide & just when I got enough points to cash out for a web certificate they went on hold. I'm hoping they come back, so I can use my points.

Well, that's me! See you on the Boards!

bumping this thread
don't post here post to new one.

but continue to bump this one also for reference.

Mal

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter