Let's have a pending party!!

Hello everyone! I think this thread is a good idea, because I'm sooo nervous, and hearing other people's stories helps. Anyway, I had my phone interview on September 10th, and got my pending email on Sept. 17th. I was so disappointed!! I cried. And nothing on my pending letter said anything about me being a "strong candidate". And you know what else is weird? During my phone interview, the guy never asked me any "what if" situations. But it was still a 20 minute interview. Any thoughts?

Hello everyone! I think this thread is a good idea, because I'm sooo nervous, and hearing other people's stories helps. Anyway, I had my phone interview on September 10th, and got my pending email on Sept. 17th. I was so disappointed!! I cried. And nothing on my pending letter said anything about me being a "strong candidate". And you know what else is weird? During my phone interview, the guy never asked me any "what if" situations. But it was still a 20 minute interview. Any thoughts?

I didn't get the "strong candidate" in my pending letter, but I did get it after the online interview (which everyone gets, so I think at that point it means "you didn't fail, and so far you don't seem crazy"). :rotfl2:

However, I also didn't get any scenario questions. I was asked, "what do you think is the purpose of reception," and what experience I had in photography. I had one question about guest contact in regards to Concierge, but I got the impression that she didn't think I was the right fit for that position, so she moved on to the other two roles after that one question. My interview was 28 minutes, but I talk a lot. ;)

On a side note, it's hard to come back to the boards and see everyone talk about getting accepted when I'm still hoping. I kind of dread going to the mailbox now, but I guess every day that goes by without a little white envelope, is one day closer to the "purple email," eh? :wizard:

I didn't get the "strong candidate" in my pending letter, but I did get it after the online interview (which everyone gets, so I think at that point it means "you didn't fail, and so far you don't seem crazy"). :rotfl2:

However, I also didn't get any scenario questions. I was asked, "what do you think is the purpose of reception," and what experience I had in photography. I had one question about guest contact in regards to Concierge, but I got the impression that she didn't think I was the right fit for that position, so she moved on to the other two roles after that one question. My interview was 28 minutes, but I talk a lot. ;)

On a side note, it's hard to come back to the boards and see everyone talk about getting accepted when I'm still hoping. I kind of dread going to the mailbox now, but I guess every day that goes by without a little white envelope, is one day closer to the "purple email," eh? :wizard:

I completely understand what you mean by seeing the accepted people and wondering "Hey, why am I not one of those people yet?" And yes, I did get the strong candidate on the web interview also :D I'm just wishing and hoping everyday that I get in!!!! I will cry with joy when I get that purple folder/email. :banana: THINK PURPLE!! :upsidedow :woohoo:

Still thinking purple, but this waiting game is painful! I really thought I rocked my interview. I just want to know.

So does anyone know how the arrival dates work? Can certain days get filled up? If thats the case does that mean pending people get the leftovers?

I guess you'd consider me pending.... :) I was initially rejected for BYU Spring 2011 but was given a second chance (extenuating circumstances, long story, I'll only explain if you ask) and had my phone interview today and also turned in my rehire paperwork to get my restricted status lifted. I was told that only those who really did well with the interview were even extended the opportunity to get rehire paperwork, so I must have done something right. :goodvibes

So does anyone know how the arrival dates work? Can certain days get filled up? If thats the case does that mean pending people get the leftovers?

They have to limit the number of people who arrive on each day just so that they can get everyone checked in, the traditions team can get everyone through at the same time they are doing traditions for other cast members, and the work locations aren't completely overwhelmed with new people coming in at the exact same time. that's why they have multiple arrival dates spread over a period of time.

they also regulate the dates and their availability so that no matter when someone gets an offer, they have a few options to choose from.

using the term "leftovers" in this context has a really bad connotation and isn't necessarily reflective of what happens. the program has been around for a long time. people being given a "pending status" is nothing new. disney is pretty upfront that the first update after the phone interview may not be a final decision too.

They have to limit the number of people who arrive on each day just so that they can get everyone checked in, the traditions team can get everyone through at the same time they are doing traditions for other cast members, and the work locations aren't completely overwhelmed with new people coming in at the exact same time. that's why they have multiple arrival dates spread over a period of time.

they also regulate the dates and their availability so that no matter when someone gets an offer, they have a few options to choose from.

using the term "leftovers" in this context has a really bad connotation and isn't necessarily reflective of what happens. the program has been around for a long time. people being given a "pending status" is nothing new. disney is pretty upfront that the first update after the phone interview may not be a final decision too.

Thank you!

Bah! So it's been a month of waiting now for me (interviewed on Aug. 25th) and I have to say it's getting a little easier. I sill check my email first thing when I wake up (Pacific coast, so by the time I roll out of bed at 10am, it's 1pm in FL so I figure I'm not waiting as long :thumbsup2 ). I also check the mail as I go out to my car for work/school, as some pending people had a purple folder magically show up in their mailbox, without receiving the email. But I'm not checking my email every 30 minutes. It's midterms next week (already!) so that's keeping me distracted this week, and then my sister is actually doing the Disneyland CP in merchandise right now, so I'm off to visit her the following week, so there's lots of fun stuff right now! As many times as I've been to DL, I've never been during Halloween, so I can't wait!! pirate:
I also picked up a DisneyWorld travel guide, just to keep dreaming! I've never been to DW so even if I don't get it, I think I'll still take a trip out there. I'll get there one way or another. :cool1:

Bah! So it's been a month of waiting now for me (interviewed on Aug. 25th) and I have to say it's getting a little easier. I sill check my email first thing when I wake up (Pacific coast, so by the time I roll out of bed at 10am, it's 1pm in FL so I figure I'm not waiting as long :thumbsup2 ). I also check the mail as I go out to my car for work/school, as some pending people had a purple folder magically show up in their mailbox, without receiving the email. But I'm not checking my email every 30 minutes.

I interviewed on August 24th and sometimes I forget that I ever applied. And then every time I see people I haven't seen in a little while, they ask me if I've heard yet. I then have to explain to them the pending stuff.

Yep, just got the pending email this morning... I just hope I hear fairly quickly.

Hey guys, I just got accepted last night for Quick food/beverage service! I was starting to lose hope being on pending but it will happen! Good luck guys and think purple!!!

Hey guys, I just got accepted last night for Quick food/beverage service! I was starting to lose hope being on pending but it will happen! Good luck guys and think purple!!!

Congrats Amanda! The first one hear to hear something back! I hope I hear soon!! :wizard:

i have my interview tomorrow
at 11 and if everyone pending now is getting in
then hopfully i wont have to wait to long

I'm in!!!!

Got the email on Monday! BYU Spring 2011. 10 January until 15 April. Only took a week to get the final decision! So that 10 December stuff... yeah. I wouldn't put too much stock in that.

I'm in!!!!

Got the email on Monday! BYU Spring 2011. 10 January until 15 April. Only took a week to get the final decision! So that 10 December stuff... yeah. I wouldn't put too much stock in that.

hopfully i will only have to wait a week
i had my intweview today

hopfully i will only have to wait a week
i had my intweview today

The byu program is different than the program you signed up for, the byu program is shorter and usually they drag their feet with accepting them so it's good to hear someone got accepted so fast with that semester program.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter