Let's speculate about Polynesian some more!

How likely do you think the Polynesian tower will be part of a new/old association?

• 100% new association

Votes: 113 37.0%
  • 80% new association / 20% current association

Votes: 64 21.0%
  • 60% new association / 40% current association

Votes: 28 9.2%
  • 40% new association / 60% current association

Votes: 17 5.6%
  • 20% new association / 80% current association

Votes: 32 10.5%
  • 0% new association / 100% current association

Votes: 51 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We went into the VDH pool area… but did not get in the water…. I definitely got a wristband at the entrance to the VGC pool….there was nobody stationed at the door from the lobby to the Palm Breeze area of VDH….
The girl at the bar came by and scanned my husbands wrist (he was in the chairs) and then gave him 4. The boys and I were in the pool... because the bar is there I don't think they scan you going in but if you are using the pool we were all wearing just a simple paper wrist band. It worked well and was easy to see.

The girl at the bar came by and scanned my husbands wrist (he was in the chairs) and then gave him 4. The boys and I were in the pool... because the bar is there I don't think they scan you going in but if you are using the pool we were all wearing just a simple paper wrist band. It worked well and was easy to see.
Scanned his magic band or asked for a room key. I actually can't remember but she had a handheld scanner thing.

I never got a wristband in all of my time staying at DL Hotel and VDH… including our most recent trips….
We went in 4 times into the main pool area. First 3 times never got a wristband. 4th time we were 'shocked' when we went near the hot tub that one of the cast members gave us all wristbands and towels and found us a place to sit. We were already well inside the gates, and nobody was stationed at the gates. The cast member said that they 'always' give out wristbands - We thought to ourselves, ummmm.... the last 3 times we went you didn't!

We also went into the DVC pool area 2-3 times and never got a wristband.

I like the BCV approach (or at least the way they did it when we stayed there in the past). Scan MB for anyone without the correct colored wristband. If validated, put a wristband in them.

Saves the CM from needing to scan MB every time someone leaves and comes back. At PVB, that happens a lot with the soda refill.

Last edited:

We have stayed at PVB and struggled to find 2-3 chairs together — add me to the list of people who think the BCV wristband system works well and should be expanded there.

Maybe member services hasn’t listened for years, but we can all call our guides and say we aren’t planning to buy at Poly Tower because the Lava Pool is already too crowded as it is and you’re worried about the burden of hundreds of new rooms…maybe that will motivate them. 🤣

I’d like to see it at VGF as well but we haven’t had the quite as bad of issue with crowds there. It’s also not just crowds, the easier it is for transient guests to wander through unnoticed, the higher rates of theft since people leave their phones/watches/wallets out while swimming.

This would need to go to the hotel as the pools and property are not part of DVC. So, I’d email them as well as DVC.
That’s disappointing, I feel like the hotel isn’t going to care what we think. They fill their rooms with or without us. At least DVC needs us to keep buying more points.

The Poly has been doing wristbands at Fourth of July for ages. They can do wristbands, they choose not to likely due to labor costs associated with it.

That’s disappointing, I feel like the hotel isn’t going to care what we think. They fill their rooms with or without us. At least DVC needs us to keep buying more points.

It’s the same at VGF. The pools are not part of the common elements for DVC. We simply have RTU.

We still don’t know how the new pool at the tower will be classified. My guess is it becomes an actual element of DVC and then the POS will be updated to reflect a reciprocal agreement between the hotel and DVC to use each others pools

That is how it is at WL for CCV and BRV.

It’s the same at VGF. The pools are not part of the common elements for DVC. We simply have RTU.

We still don’t know how the new pool at the tower will be classified. My guess is it becomes an actual element of DVC and then the POS will be updated to reflect a reciprocal agreement between the hotel and DVC to use each others pools

That is how it is at WL for CCV and BRV.
I guess the best we can do is express our concerns politely, and then wait and see how it plays out. It’s not a problem, until it’s a problem.

Any guess on when the tower will be open for booking by existing PVB members (assuming it’s same association)?

I don't think they have given any dates out as far as sales or booking dates. I wonder if they will try to give new buyers first dibs before opening it up to full normal 11 month and 7 month booking. Could be a good incentive to buy some direct points if they are allowed to do it. I'm not sure if they are though since it seems like it will be part of the same association

Yeah they didn't do a different booking for new buyers at BPK, but I think we have kind of the opposite situation here. A lot of people were buying points at BPK to get into the original VGF building, but here people are going to be trying to use their points to get into the new Poly Tower. It's just a matter of if they can, and if they would want to allow new buyers first access.

Yeah they didn't do a different booking for new buyers at BPK, but I think we have kind of the opposite situation here. A lot of people were buying points at BPK to get into the original VGF building, but here people are going to be trying to use their points to get into the new Poly Tower. It's just a matter of if they can, and if they would want to allow new buyers first access.

If it is sold as part of the same condo association, which at this point its seems pretty decided, then booking has to be the same for current and new points.

The only way it could potentially be different is if it isn’t part of the same vacation plan as the current PVB.

If it is sold as part of the same condo association, which at this point its seems pretty decided, then booking has to be the same for current and new points.

The only way it could potentially be different is if it isn’t part of the same vacation plan as the current PVB.
Unless the new members pre-buy a fixed week? Since they are allowed to book fixed weeks for members before the availability goes up for everyone else?

Or are they even allowed to sell fixed weeks if the original Poly didn't?

Last edited:
Unless the new members pre-buy a fixed week? Since they are allowed to book fixed weeks for members before the availability goes up for everyone else?

Or are they even allowed to sell fixed weeks if the original Poly didn't?
The original PVB did sell fixed weeks- there’s actually 2 posted for resale recently. I’m considering one of them since the point value for that week was better when originally purchased than it is currently, but not sure I want that specific week for a lake view studio 🤷🏼‍♀️

To your original point, I’m sure they’ll sell fixed weeks for the new tower, as well.

The original PVB did sell fixed weeks- there’s actually 2 posted for resale recently. I’m considering one of them since the point value for that week was better when originally purchased than it is currently, but not sure I want that specific week for a lake view studio 🤷🏼‍♀️

To your original point, I’m sure they’ll sell fixed weeks for the new tower, as well.
Nice! I hadn't heard anyone talk about a fixed week at the Poly. I guess that would be the ticket then!

Now I’m going down a rabbit hole of looking at POLY FW charts - yikes - they are high!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter