Let's speculate about Polynesian some more!

How likely do you think the Polynesian tower will be part of a new/old association?

• 100% new association

Votes: 113 37.0%
  • 80% new association / 20% current association

Votes: 64 21.0%
  • 60% new association / 40% current association

Votes: 28 9.2%
  • 40% new association / 60% current association

Votes: 17 5.6%
  • 20% new association / 80% current association

Votes: 32 10.5%
  • 0% new association / 100% current association

Votes: 51 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be stick out if it’s not named after something Polynesian. Aren’t all the longhouses named after Polynesian islands?

Last edited:
Did anyone read the article by bill diercksen in the newest Disney files magazine? He talks about new projects and references the “new tower at Disney’s Polynesian villas and Bungalows”. Seems to make it pretty clear it will be part of the old association. Was really hoping for new so I’m kind of bummed.
Interesting, I haven't received the Winter or Spring issues (assuming that Spring is out).

I'm back now from vacation, and I need to retract some of my griping last week about the Poly pool crowds. While it was certainly chaos at times, we did end up finding some pleasant times (mostly mornings or evenings) to enjoy the pools, especially at the Oasis pool and spa.

We didn’t receive the winter, but received Spring issue the same day @CarolynFH first posted the quote. I had to quickly find the article and read it.

Nice to finally have published wording from Disney that the tower is part of PVB.
It is also in a place that all members will get the information since not everyone frequents message boards. So, I think this is a good sign we will see something moving toward sales, and further info by summer.

Zooming in on images from https://wdwnt.com/2024/05/porte-coc...c-tower-at-disneys-polynesian-village-resort/

Here are zoomed in images of the two cutouts on the monorail side. The larger cutout area looks similar to images others have posted of at least one cutout on the lake side. Notice the light coming in from the top right area. Pretty sure that's from the corner walkout area where the middle and next portion are angled.
The smaller cutout seems significantly different that others.

View attachment 856515View attachment 856516

Here is a zoom of their lake view cutout (left side) middle tower area on left side.
View attachment 856518
This reminds me of the movie "The Hunt for Red October" where they are looking at the grainy photos of the sub wondering what the weird doors were. So I'm officially putting in my guess for the cutouts as "silent propulsion system"

All I know is I hope they crack down on pool use by non guests. Honestly I wouldn’t mind Stormalong Bay style security.
Just stayed at Riviera and the number on non-guest pool users were crazy (I knew they weren’t guests because I heard them discuss it)

All I know is I hope they crack down on pool use by non guests. Honestly I wouldn’t mind Stormalong Bay style security.
Just stayed at Riviera and the number on non-guest pool users were crazy (I knew they weren’t guests because I heard them discuss it)
Crazy me would have found the hotel manager and asked that they be removed.

And the post-stay surveys are designed to yield ratings beneficial to the resort and/or manager. I submitted one for our VGF stay. I gave good reviews on everything except transportation. The only thing I was asked to expand on was positive interactions with cast members. I should have been asked to expand on my sole negative response.

20240503_194534.jpg20240503_194518.jpg
Here's a couple live shots of the tower from the boat dock while I'm waiting for the shows to start tonight!

The holes do face towards the fireworks, like all of that side lol. But the right one seems a bit low for a good view over the dock house. Though I could be wrong since I can't actually see the angle

Also, sorry but it compressed the shots quite a bit so no real point in zooming in lol

Crazy me would have found the hotel manager and asked that they be removed.

And the post-stay surveys are designed to yield ratings beneficial to the resort and/or manager. I submitted one for our VGF stay. I gave good reviews on everything except transportation. The only thing I was asked to expand on was positive interactions with cast members. I should have been asked to expand on my sole negative response.
I have not seen it in person, but I have read accounts of people doing this at Saratoga Springs. Unfortunately, that pool takes a big hit because of the free parking at Disney Springs. A cast member will come out to the pool with an iPad and either scan magic bands, or search the reservation roster if the “guest” isn’t wearing a band. People end up getting ejected from the pool. However, they don’t call the police, so until these pool crashes start getting trespassed, they will just move to a location that is less of a hassle.

Let me suggest that if the tower ever starts propelling through Seven Seas Lagoon, it is unlikely to do so silently.

My vote is that each will be home to exactly one (1) McDonald's Fry Cart.
Id rather a Dole Whip cart. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter