lets talk about resort parking

disneegrl4eva

DIS Veteran
ok so what I want to know is...how the heck would they know if you are parking your car there or not...Im not just talking about DLR hotels but hotels that charge a resort fee for parking period...its not like they have a parking police driving around and know which cars are paying for the fee and which ones aren't...and what if you have 2 cars that you are bringing...and one is parked the whole trip and the other one used??? I wouldnt want to pay $20 a night parking for 2 cars to sit there the whole time :confused3...dont ask why I started this tyrade...I have no idea :rolleyes1

most of them, you i have to pass a gate to get in. though if you tell them that "your picking someone up" they give you a tag and you probably cant go park it at the lot.

Yep, what albort said. The ones that charge have a gated lot. The ones that don't charge give you a slip to put in the window so they know you belong.

don't hotels ask for your car info at checking? such as lic plate number, year and make? and those they don't have a record of get towed

minnietoo said:
don't hotels ask for your car info at checking? such as lic plate number, year and make? and those they don't have a record of get towed

Minnietoo you are right... When we stayed off site, they asked for the license plate/car info. They gave us a ticket for the window and told us that all cars that did not have the ticket and car information on file would be towed...

On-site we have been told that they only check when you leave - you are to present your parking permit, and if you do not have one then you would be charged. Not sure if this is true or not. Last trip we stayed at the GCH for 5 days, and were given a pass to put on our dash - we told them we weren't planning on going back out to our car, and we were told that it would not be a problem - they only check for the passes when you leave.

dizzyami said:
On-site we have been told that they only check when you leave - you are to present your parking permit, and if you do not have one then you would be charged. Not sure if this is true or not. Last trip we stayed at the GCH for 5 days, and were given a pass to put on our dash - we told them we weren't planning on going back out to our car, and we were told that it would not be a problem - they only check for the passes when you leave.

But you gave them your car info didn't you?

Do the DLRs charge hotel guests for parking?

Iggipolka said:
Do the DLRs charge hotel guests for parking?

It is part of the "resort fee" which is $11 or so a day and includes internet, parking, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter