Lets use this thread to track Port Upgrades

Not certain this is the right thread but the posters here would be the best equipped to answer this question so I'll simply ask...Would Disney allow me to talk to someone at the Port about an upgrade outside my designated schedule? Since our reservation is VGT, I would only be interested in what I can do at the port itself as I understand that is the only option available as an upgrade to that type of reservation.

I am only Silver status on Disney (3rd cruise) and we booked late so my port arrival time is a fairly late 1pm time slot. Can I travel to the port early (by myself) to negotiate an upgraded cabin around 10:30 and then drive back to my hotel and pick up the family for our "regularly scheduled" 1pm port arrival time? Or do I have to have them there with me in order to negotiate a cabin? I would like to shoot for a 1 bedroom/concierge unit which would also (as I understand it) change the time we would be able to board. 50% of those rooms are still available here less than 12 days out.

As I understand it though, you can check in by yourself as long as you have the passports, birth certificates, signed cruise contract for all adults and a credit card or cash for the onboard account, then visit the supervisor's desk for upgrades. Unless this has changed. Then, you would be able to leave and go back and get your family as you have said. I have not done this myself but when we go in June, I am planning on getting dropped off and doing the check in while my husband parks. We will be asking about upgrades too but we have an 1130 PAT.
Someone correct me if this is wrong.

1. What catagory did you pay for? V

2. Which Ship? Fantasy

3. Number of Nights? 7-nighter

4. Month/Year of Sailing: April 2013

5. What was your Port of Arrival time assignment? 11:00am

6. What time did you check-in? 11:15(ish)am

7. What category were you offered? Cat T

8. How much was the upgrade? $700

Thank you for this great detailed information. I hope others will continue to share their upgrade specifics too!

1. What catagory did you pay for? V

2. Which Ship? Fantasy

3. Number of Nights? 7-nighter

4. Month/Year of Sailing: April 2013

5. What was your Port of Arrival time assignment? 11:00am

6. What time did you check-in? 11:15(ish)am

7. What category were you offered? Cat T

8. How much was the upgrade? $700

Thanks for sharing! I am been following this thread to see if anyone had done this.

As I understand it though, you can check in by yourself as long as you have the passports, birth certificates, signed cruise contract for all adults and a credit card or cash for the onboard account, then visit the supervisor's desk for upgrades. Unless this has changed. Then, you would be able to leave and go back and get your family as you have said. I have not done this myself but when we go in June, I am planning on getting dropped off and doing the check in while my husband parks. We will be asking about upgrades too but we have an 1130 PAT.
Someone correct me if this is wrong.

I hope else will correct me here but on other threads I have read ALL guest in a party must be present at check in.

MDennis28 said:
Where is the supervisor's desk located that you visit to ask about upgrades please?

When you check in that person will let you know where to go.

This thread will be similar to the one that is tracking *GT assignment. The hope is that once we build some history people might have a better idea of what they will pay if they seek a port upgrade.

#1. What catagory did you pay for?
(please make sure you put the catagory you paid for and not the catagory you were assigned. For *GT reservations please put whether it was IGT, OGT or VGT).
#2. Which Ship?
#3. Number of Nights?
#4. Month/Year of Sailing
#5. What was your Port of Arrival time assignment?
#6. What time did you check-in?
#7. What catagory were you offered for upgrade?
#8. How much was the upgrade?

If there is anything I left off please let me know. It would be great to get this info from anyone who has even attempted an upgrade regardless of whether you accepted or not. The more data the more prepared we will be when we attempt a port upgrade.:)

Let's keep the upgrade info coming in!
Thanks!

4E
#2. Which Ship?
Dream
#3. Number of Nights?
May 2013
11AM
1130AM
00T
#8. How much was the upgrade? $600

Has anyone, upgraded to a Royal Suite?

Yes. We upgraded on the last NYC to Canada cruise (5 nights). We had an IGT (11B) and upgraded to the Roy Suite at port. It was just over $3000 to upgrade.

I hope else will correct me here but on other threads I have read ALL guest in a party must be present at check in.

I have checked in for our entire party four times in the last seven months at two different ports without issue. You must have all the proper documentation (including passports or BC) and cruise contract signed. I have even been able to do this for someone who had never cruised with Disney before. They were in my stateroom and we took her photo at the entry kiosk while boarding the Dream.

Anyone that says they have been unable to probably did not have all the proper papers with them.

Upgrade prior to PAT?

Does DCL ever offer discounted upgrades before departure day? Maybe via email or a phone call?

Upgrade prior to PAT?

Does DCL ever offer discounted upgrades before departure day? Maybe via email or a phone call?

Things like that are common on other cruise lines but appear to be non-existent on Disney cruises. That policy may be one of the reasons you can get some great upgrade deals at the port.

This thread will be similar to the one that is tracking *GT assignment. The hope is that once we build some history people might have a better idea of what they will pay if they seek a port upgrade.

(please make sure you put the catagory you paid for and not the catagory you were assigned. For *GT reservations please put whether it was IGT, OGT or VGT).
#2. Which Ship?
#3. Number of Nights?

If there is anything I left off please let me know. It would be great to get this info from anyone who has even attempted an upgrade regardless of whether you accepted or not. The more data the more prepared we will be when we attempt a port upgrade.:)

Getting this thread back on track here. Please keep the upgrade specifics coming.

#2. Which Ship?
#3. Number of Nights?

Bumpity bump'

#2. Which Ship?
#3. Number of Nights?

Please share your port upgrade experiences and keep this great thread going. Thanks!

Please share your port upgrade experiences and keep this great thread going. Thanks!

Maybe people aren't getting as many upgrades due to all of the special rates filling the ships and thus leaving less available upgrades at the time of sailing? Also now that it's summer the ships might be pretty full by embarkation day. Maybe?

Maybe people aren't getting as many upgrades due to all of the special rates filling the ships and thus leaving less available upgrades at the time of sailing? Also now that it's summer the ships might be pretty full by embarkation day. Maybe?

Quite possible! If that is the case - then I hope people will share if they asked at the port and were told 'no upgrades' .
That is as helpful as the upgrade details in terms of knowing what to expect at port. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter