Life After Marathons: A Running/barre3/Coffee/Life Journal

Go girl!! Congrats again on a great race and I'm so glad that you decided to take the risk. I know there are big things ahead (like on May 13th ;)) for you!!

Yes. You. Will.

:)

You did awesome!! Being uncomfortable sucks, but it's part of this journey I think. Just keep pressing forward and trusting in your discomfort that it means you are doing amazing things!

Thank you!
I'm usually so focused on feeling good (because I'm rarely going for time) that it was weird do expect to be uncomfortable. But it's definitely a sign of good things coming.

You will get that sub 40 in May!

You've got that sub 40 on May 13th for sure! I love reading your recaps!
Thank you!

Go girl!! Congrats again on a great race and I'm so glad that you decided to take the risk. I know there are big things ahead (like on May 13th ;)) for you!!

Thank you! I'm usually not a risk taker at all, so this was weird but good. I'm glad I did it.

Oh, forgot to mention ... New Balance store called. My shoes are in.
Trying to decide if I want to go in after work today or wait until tomorrow and bring insoles with me to make sure the insoles fit. (If they dont fit, I can get new ones. These insoles are kinda old anyway.)

Loved the recap. Now can't wait to read all about the sub-40 race in May that you WILL GET!!!

And...

tenor.gif

Two things:
1- I think I'm gonna go pick up the shoes today. I'm in the mood.
2- scheduled for 3 miles tomorrow. I think I'm not setting an early alarm. I'm not going into my usual office, and the office I'm going into I cant show up until after 10, so I dont have to leave until almost 9. Which means i can get up with my 6am alarm, run, and still make it in time. I think.

Update: Size 8
I'll be taking them for a 1-1.5 mile spin on the treadmill tomorrow (then I may or may not change shoes before running out for the remaining 1.5-2 miles)

But either way ... Guava (which they didnt have in an 8 last week). I'm not very good at naming shoes - does anyone want to make an attempt to name them?
(Heads Up: if I name them, they will probably be "Guava NB 880v8")

Last edited:
Update: Size 8
I'll be taking them for a 1-1.5 mile spin on the treadmill tomorrow (then I may or may not change shoes before running out for the remaining 1.5-2 miles)

But either way ... Guava (which they didnt have in an 8 last week). I'm not very good at naming shoes - does anyone want to make an attempt to name them?
(Heads Up: if I name them, they will probably be "Guava NB 880v8")

Better name than I use (NB 1400v5 A/B/C, etc.) - at least you have the color in there!

Can’t wait to see you crush it 5/13. Awesome recap, too.

I’ve got nothing good, but... Guava Lava.

So ... that name actually popped into my head yesterday and I like it a lot (so I'm glad you suggested it and I'm not the only one who likes it), but my preliminary research shows that Guava Lava is a sour gose beer made by King Harbor Brewing Company. So we may have to get "beer as shoe name" approval from one of our local resident beer experts. (@jennamfeo? I think I remember you saying something about gose beers once, but I don't remember if you were for or against them...)
It's also apparently some sort of possibly punk band from Australia, but I'm indifferent to that association.

So ... that name actually popped into my head yesterday and I like it a lot (so I'm glad you suggested it and I'm not the only one who likes it), but my preliminary research shows that Guava Lava is a sour gose beer made by King Harbor Brewing Company. So we may have to get "beer as shoe name" approval from one of our local resident beer experts. (@jennamfeo? I think I remember you saying something about gose beers once, but I don't remember if you were for or against them...)
It's also apparently some sort of possibly punk band from Australia, but I'm indifferent to that association.
I haven't had it, the beer that is, but it sounds delicious. Guava, lime, sea salt. It's like a beer-a-rita! King Harbor is out of Cali so next time I pop over that way I will look for it. You know, for research. Otherwise, I love the name for your new shoes!!

Also .... (I really want to @channel you guys but this isnt Slack) something about 50% off grande macchiato after 3pm. I will probably head to Starbucks on my way home from work. Because everyone needs a grande caramel macchiato at 6pm.

something about 50% off grande macchiato after 3pm
I saw that but one of my local breweries is doing a "Pints for Pups" night where they are donating $1 from every pint sold to the Humane Society and people are encouraged to bring their dogs on the patio. So I will be petting dogs and drinking beer tonight.

I saw that but one of my local breweries is doing a "Pints for Pups" night where they are donating $1 from every pint sold to the Humane Society and people are encouraged to bring their dogs on the patio. So I will be petting dogs and drinking beer tonight.

I'm all in favor of drinking beer for a good cause. Have fun

I'm just gonna sit here and read and drink Sera's caramel macchiato. (Usually they get Sarah close to right ... not today. But I might have mumbled and the music was loud.)

I'm all in favor of drinking beer for a good cause. Have fun

I'm just gonna sit here and read and drink Sera's caramel macchiato. (Usually they get Sarah close to right ... not today. But I might have mumbled and the music was loud.)

This is going to sound SO basic - but it is for this exact reason that I have gone by Keels instead of my given name since high school ... :crazy2:

This is going to sound SO basic - but it is for this exact reason that I have gone by Keels instead of my given name since high school ... :crazy2:

That is kinda basic, yeah. But we all have our basic moments.

Although this seems like a good time to admit that I have my full name on my Starbucks card and I like when they take my name from the card because then they label it as "Sarah Lynn" instead of just Sarah (I have no idea why when they ask for my name I dont just give them both names). So I clearly have some name-related issues that we dont need to discuss.

You spell your name the... normal way, if you will. I will always assume an H at the end if you tell me your name is Sarah. I think this Starbucks person was just messing with you. I have decided that no matter what your name is, no matter how common, someone is bound to mess it up. My name for instance? When I say Jenna, people hear Janet. I guess if I went by my given name Jennifer I wouldn't have much of an issue maybe. And my husband Brad always gets Brett. Maybe we just talk funny? LOL. So when we were deciding what to name our daughter, we KNEW people were gonna hear her name 1000 different ways, but when you see it, you can usually pronounce it correctly. It's just part of life.

ANYWAY, that was way longer than it needed to be.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter