Life After Marathons: A Running/barre3/Coffee/Life Journal

It won't help you this weekend, but do you want my OG Vivoactive? I can send it and the charger to you.

I found my Fitbit (sitting on my dresser...), so I'm good for this weekend :) (Plus, I still have my FR10, so even without the Fitbit, I'd have my distance, just not my steps... so I'd survive without the Fitbit, it just wouldn't be an ideal situation)
I appreciate the offer, but I kinda fell in love with the Vivoactive 3 when I was at the running store, so I think I'm going to invest in one of those at some point within the next few months. I actually don't know all the differences, but I think the Vivoactive 3's round screen looks much nicer than the OG's square (rectangle?) screen. I'm sure the OG would work really well for me, but I kinda want the 3 enough that I'm willing to spend the $250 on it. But thanks for the offer - I really appreciate it!

I have the Vivo 3 and LOVE it!! You can't go wrong with that watch! Check with your running store and see if they do a discount on a trade-in, and if so, you're more than welcome to my old one!

I have the Vivo 3 and LOVE it!! You can't go wrong with that watch! Check with your running store and see if they do a discount on a trade-in, and if so, you're more than welcome to my old one!

Hmm ... I have a suspicion that they don't do trade-ins, but I'll find out and let you know if I need the old Vivoactive. It never hurts to ask. Thanks!

I'm clearly a blonde. I type in the bib number in "find participants" and it brings up nothing. Anywhoo, best of luck and I will get it figured out!

Almost race time!! You'll do great!!

Yay! Thank you!

I'm clearly a blonde. I type in the bib number in "find participants" and it brings up nothing. Anywhoo, best of luck and I will get it figured out!

Not you. Their system takes a long time to update sometimes. It's a little frustrating.
If you search "Sarah Katz" I'll come up. And hopefully the tracking will work even though my bib number is not showing up in the system (I've had this before and it usually rights itself once the race starts, but it's very annoying).

Yay for race weekend!!! Go girl!! We're all cheering for you!

Thank you!

Yay! Thank you!

Not you. Their system takes a long time to update sometimes. It's a little frustrating.
If you search "Sarah Katz" I'll come up. And hopefully the tracking will work even though my bib number is not showing up in the system (I've had this before and it usually rights itself once the race starts, but it's very annoying).

Thank you!

That worked! Tracking you like a stalker! LOL.

So ... latest forecast for Sunday has rain starting around race time, temps in the low 50s. I think I'll stick with the planned outfit (maybe cut up an old pair of leggings to use as arm sleeves?), but maybe add a hat. Or just be really pissed off.
Hopefully the forecast will change...

Rain looks like it's going to hold off until after the race.
I already got my run in today - I ran 2+ blocks to catch the bus that I thought gave me the best chance of making the train (turns out I might have still had a shot if I had missed it, but I wasn't sure). Dont get me started on Sunday bus schedules (last race I walked to the subway, but I didn't have time for that today).

Okay, time to put the phone away and chillax. (Also ... theres a fellow runner on my train. Happens every race, but not usually at the stop where I get on.)

Forgot to mention: My bib number is loaded up in the tracking system now. Maybe they were just waiting to load all the numbers at the same time instead of doing it when they were assigned. I dunno.

Last edited:
Someone help me out. I'm using the live tracking link but it's taking me to 2018 Popular HM (May 18th). Eating away at me not seeing the results! Just need a useable link. ACK! :scared:

As those of you who saw the tracking know, I did it.

Honestly? It didnt feel great. If I hadn't had someone running next to me telling every single volunteer that I was getting a PR, I dont think I would have done it. I had to walk a few times (which, as I told Tzippy, is something I feel like I cant do when I'm running continuously, even though I know lots of continuous runners walk sometimes), and by the end I thought I was gonna vomit (this happens when my electrolytes are out of whack - I corrected it by eating sport beans.

I think this just confirms my theory that while I can run at an aggressive pace, I dont enjoy it.

Full recap eventually.

And wow they switched the results link over to the Brooklyn Half fast. Here's a link to the live results - https://liveresults.nyrr.org/e/NYRR-JAPANRUN-2018#/tracker/R9TXW6DM,RUCRN9J3
They may also be at results.nyrr.org, but I dont know how fast they update the official results

:cool1:party::cheer2:

Honestly? It didnt feel great. If I hadn't had someone running next to me telling every single volunteer that I was getting a PR, I dont think I would have done it. I had to walk a few times (which, as I told Tzippy, is something I feel like I cant do when I'm running continuously, even though I know lots of continuous runners walk sometimes), and by the end I thought I was gonna vomit (this happens when my electrolytes are out of whack - I corrected it by eating sport beans.

I think this just confirms my theory that while I can run at an aggressive pace, I dont enjoy it

I'm right there with you. I don't like the feeling of a 5k/10k distance. Breathlessness, out of control, pain in the legs, etc. I completely agree on the feeling about short distance endurance races.

Good luck this morning!

Thank you! (Belated)

If I’m reading the results page right...

YAY!!! Way to go!! You did great!!party:

Yup, you seem to be reading it right. Thank you!

:) Thank you!

Someone help me out. I'm using the live tracking link but it's taking me to 2018 Popular HM (May 18th). Eating away at me not seeing the results! Just need a useable link. ACK! :scared:

Yeah, that link automatically redirects to the next race. I just didn't think it would change over so soon after the race. The Brooklyn Half isn't until Saturday ... they could have waited a day.

Thank you!

I'm right there with you. I don't like the feeling of a 5k/10k distance. Breathlessness, out of control, pain in the legs, etc. I completely agree on the feeling about short distance endurance races.

Glad to know I'm not alone on this one.
I think that in the future, for shorter races, unless there's a specific reason that I'm going for a PR (or I'm feeling really really good), I'm just going to take it easy. I'm not asking for that feeling if there's no reason for it.

As those of you who saw the tracking know, I did it.

I think this just confirms my theory that while I can run at an aggressive pace, I dont enjoy it.

Full recap eventually.

And wow they switched the results link over to the Brooklyn Half fast. Here's a link to the live results - https://liveresults.nyrr.org/e/NYRR-JAPANRUN-2018#/tracker/R9TXW6DM,RUCRN9J3
They may also be at results.nyrr.org, but I dont know how fast they update the official results

I’m with ya on the short distances. I do want to attempt a sub 1 hour 10K, but after that I’m good. I really enjoy the longer distances.

I’m with ya on the short distances. I do want to attempt a sub 1 hour 10K, but after that I’m good. I really enjoy the longer distances.

Yeah.
I actually don't mind short distances if I'm just taking it easy, but I hate really racing them. Longer distances are so much more enjoyable. (And I think you can definitely do a sub 1 hour 10K!)

Mini-updates ...

• Race Recap coming soon. I have my personal recap written up, I just have to convert it to a format that won't bore the crap out of you guys. So expect it within the next hour or two.
  • Not sure what I'm doing about barre3 tomorrow. On the one hand, musculoskeletally I feel fine. On the other hand, I had some dehydration/electrolyte imbalance issues today, and that's also what I had at the last class, so I'm wondering if I need to give myself a little more time to get that figured out. I'll decide later.
  • My friend Tzippy wants to throw out all of my sports bras. I don't disagree (well, I do slightly because the old ones aren't that uncomfortable, so I'll still wear them for some runs, but I don't disagree that I need new ones), but I'm not looking forward to the idea of trying on more sports bras. I think what she and I did agree on (and I had suspected this with the last purchase, but was glad to have someone agree) is that I'm wearing the wrong size. So ... back to that whole mess.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter