"Life begins outside your comfort zone". Starting Year #2...this time I WILL make it

PRINCESS VIJA

Viva Latvia!
Day 1:

LOVE that quote. Watched extreme makeover weight loss edition yesterday and the girl reminded me so much of me. Chris Powell told her that Life starts outside your comfort zone and it struck a chord with me. I rarely want to push past my comfort zone and end up on the couch instead, watching TV, watching everyone else's life (or pretend life) as mine is passing me by. I want my life back. I WANT to be healthy again and I want so much more for me.

Some may remember that I had a critical illness 2 years ago, and I am so lucky to be alive. I can't waste another day that God has blessed me with.

I had started a journal last year marking 365 days of healthy choices. I made it pretty far, but then faltered. This time I am here to stay. I am going to complete this year. I have missed my journal and my WISH friends... alot!

So.... What inspired me this time. Not only did Chris Powell inspire me, but we also spent some time looking at videos from 10 years ago. Ughhh, I can't believe I looked that bad, AND I weigh more now.:faint: I also know how unhappy I have been with myself, for letting this weight get so out of control, and skipping out on life.

This morning I ws tempted to not pack my work out clothes and just "take it easy" today. However I thought it through and had truly had enough. I packed my clothes and decided after work I would go work out, and I did!

Out of my comfort zone today for certain.

Went to work out, so I didn't sit on the couch with chips and dip.
At the work out actually ran for 1 minute straight! (Did the elliptical and walked on treadmill for a few minutes and then decided to push out of the comfort zone and did the 1 min. run.)
Went to buy stuff for dinner and actually craved an apple for after work out snack. Who knew that I would actually crave an apple!:confused3
Started my journal for year #2
Went for walk tonight. LOVED seeing the leaves on the trees so colorful, kicked around some fallen leaves (love that sound), and just enjoyed feeling "alive"!

What a great day!

My first year thread if you are interested is here: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2731841

Could not sleep last night at all! Frustrating as I needed to get up at 3:15 am to get ready for work. I could have so easily said I wasn't going to work out today, but I kept my commitment going and decided to just go. It is so much easier when I say I have to go rather than debate about it.

AND didn't get a lunch at work today, I could have used that as an excuse to hit McDonalds, but didn't!!!!!!:yay: Instead I grabbed my strawberries out of my lunch bag, and ate them on the way to the gym. Had a very energetic workout!

Out of comfort zone today:
1. worked out
2. skipped McDonalds for lunch
3. actually got on a bike at the gym. Haven't done that in YEARS & YEARS! It was uncomfortable at first just trying to figure out how to get on it in the first place, but I did it! I am so very proud of myself!
4. No weigh in for me!

I am hooked on the scale, but I let it dictate my mood so I am NOT going to get on that scale for 1 month.

My goals for this month:

1. avoid the scale
2. eat less and move more! meaning work out every day. Can be as simple as a walk, but I need to move everyday. I find that when I am up off the couch that I am naturally not eating as much, as that was where I would "assume the position"... Now... I'm "up & at 'em" ready to conquer the challenges.

This is great! And you will make it! We both will *** we are starting right now! Not tomorrow.:cheer2:

I cannot go to the gym tomorrow - I have my Christmas musical practice at the church and will be lucky to get home in time to make it.

But I can:

a) take my sneakers to work
b) take the long way to the bathroom each time
c) walk around for 20 minutes or so - I work in a shopping mall.

And I can:

a) Pack my lunch and eat only what is in my lunch box (I do a lot of damage by eating "outside the box")

So there we go - no excuses!

Linda

:woohoo::charac2:
:tinker:::MinnieMo:donald:

This is great! And you will make it! We both will *** we are starting right now! Not tomorrow.:cheer2:

I cannot go to the gym tomorrow - I have my Christmas musical practice at the church and will be lucky to get home in time to make it.

But I can:

a) take my sneakers to work
b) take the long way to the bathroom each time
c) walk around for 20 minutes or so - I work in a shopping mall.

And I can:

a) Pack my lunch and eat only what is in my lunch box (I do a lot of damage by eating "outside the box")

So there we go - no excuses!

Linda

:woohoo::charac2:
:tinker:::MinnieMo:donald:

WoooHooo!!! LOVE your "I CAN" statements. That is so positive, motivating and inspiring!!! And the "no excuses"! I know you CAN do this and WILL do this! today on the elliptical I was going very fast (keeping pace to music) and then the difficulty came, I was tired, but I thought to myself "dig deep, you can do this" And that is exactly what you are saying!

Dig Deep my friend... and you will make it.

Did everything today except workout - had musical practice tonight.:rockband:

How did you do?

Food good and being tracked well.

Must keep the "lion" in check and not let him out just *** its Thanksgiving weekend here in Canada.

Linda

:tink:::MinnieMo:maleficen

Did everything today except workout - had musical practice tonight.:rockband:

How did you do?

Food good and being tracked well.

Must keep the "lion" in check and not let him out just *** its Thanksgiving weekend here in Canada.

Linda

:tink:::MinnieMo:maleficen

What kind of musical practice? do you perform in public? Well, one good thing about your practice is that you aren't home, so no snacking time!:thumbsup2 Awesome job on doing good with food. That is usually my hardest part. Hang in there this weekend. Think of the wonderful things you have to be thankful for and enjoy yourself and all of your blessings! (Just make sure the lion stays right in that cage! LOL)

Doing great! This morning though I woke up TIRED, I mean really TIRED! again had that battle in the morning with my mind that I should just come home from work and relax, but I know that really means... sit on the couch and eat. Don't want to do that. Soooo, I packed my gym bag (which by the way makes me smile because it is the Castaway Club members back pack we got this past summer on our disney cruise), and just decided to go to the gym.

After work my legs were super tired, but kept going to the gym and found my new Mantra very helpful. it helped me get through parts of the workout that I struggled with. Got there and did the elliptical, walked on the treadmil, did 2 of the weight machines, stretched and did 1 min. push up position (need to get back to 8 min. so I can eventually test for my black belt).

so proud of myself. And not watching tv. Feels liberating. I know tomorrow night I will be watching tv shows that i've DVR'd, but then I can zip through the commercials and maybe do some laundry folding to keep my hands busy.

out of comfort zone:
went to work out
didn't sit on the couch to veg out
didn't step on the scale even though I almost did out of habbit, but stopped myself!!!

tonight I was on the couch, watching the shows I've waited to watch till tonight. Contemplating what I should do for exercise. For various reasons the gym was out today. For a brief period I even contemplated not doing anything, but I was SURPRISED that my body felt like it wanted to get out and move!!! So I decided to go for a quick walk. I was originally planning to go to the next big street but when I got there I decided to keep going, got to the next bend, decided to keep going. I felt so good, so energized that I just wanted to keep going. So instead of just going for .8 miles, I went for 2.5 miles!!!!! 3x as far!!!!! and I felt GREAT!

I am so surprised that my body already is energized and wanting exercise. Also so surprised that my mood in general seems happier. I LOVE that!:thumbsup2

today was challenging. I had a hard time getting energized to work out today. In the end I ended up putting on some music and working out to that. LOVED it! Felt great and energized!

Not much else, just proud I got up to exercise!:thumbsup2

today was challenging. I had a hard time getting energized to work out today. In the end I ended up putting on some music and working out to that. LOVED it! Felt great and energized!

Not much else, just proud I got up to exercise!:thumbsup2

You are doing so great!

Am popping back in here for a bit. I have been very busy this week, what with work, Thanksgiving and having to buy a new car!

Woke up Tuesday morning and the darn thing would not start!:eek:

Were looking at another $1000 in repairs and given the fact that it is so old with nearly 180,000 kilos on it, we decided to replace it rather than wonder all winter if the darn thing will start.

So the week has been spent test driving, etc.

We are buying a 2013 Kia Optima and take delivery tomorrow. Thankfully, we have had a dealer car until then so I don't have to worry about another tow truck! :offtopic:

I have done pretty well with food most days. I want to get back to the gym no later than Tuesday (we are taking delivery of the car tomorrow night, not sure about then).

I will come up with a schedule week by week.

Vija how do you do a new journal and link it to the old?

Yesterday, I had a bit of a "aha" moment.

I was sitting in front of a mirror in a shoe store, quite literally letting it "all hang out". It was disgusting to me.

I have a very unsightly lump of fat on the right that just hangs - I cannot fit it into anything. I hope it will come off as the fat reduces. Probably due to the big weight gain I had in yester years (went up to at least 360 lbs at one point).

But it is discouraging and feels like I am climbing a mountain. But I am going to take that mountain one day at a time with God's help.

Like you Vija it will be a year's journey - with key check in points about every four months or so (first will be Disney Princess race - hope to at least ace the 5k, would love to try the half, we will see).

I am also dealing with a severely arthritic knee - hopefully will hold up.

So how do I start a new journay and link to the old?:confused3

One of the first goals will be to be realistic.

Logging in absolutely every day may not be realistic at all - must not set self up for failure.

Hope you are still doing well

Linda

:tinker::donald:::MinnieMo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter