Lifelong Dream- August 2014: My PTR

I find when I tell people about our trip to WDW, I get lots of people who have been before, but don't really remember/know about the place trying to give me tips (often actually tips about rides not to miss at Universal... which we're not visiting this time!)

Last night I went to a caching event, and was chatting with a couple who had lived out in the US for a couple of years, and were now back home in England... I was wearing my Doctor Who/Cinderella Mash Up t-shirt, we got chatting about Doctor Who, and then about my love of Disney. They asked if we had been, and we told them about the trip coming up...

All of a sudden, I was getting advice in real life from someone who had planned their trip and understood WDW well. She was desperate to get me to try the Touring Plans website, and was so happy when I told her we were already signed up. We had a great chat about WDW, and I told her about the new FP+ system, which she thought was amazing (she said sending someone off to grab FP- was the worst thing about their trips, and about the touring plans they used).

It totally made my night. I'm so used to being polite when people give me useless advice that it was so nice to have a chat with someone who gets it! :D

A first list of FP+ hopes...

I've been trying to sort out an actual list of FP+ to aim for when it comes to booking day (22 days to go!) and am contemplating setting my alarm for 5 am to try and get an Anna and Elsa FP+, but we shall see nearer the time... I wish the FP+ slots didn't open at midnight Florida time!

Anyway, this is my first draft of hopes/aims for our FP+ booking (not in order of dates)

Magic Kingdom
Day 1
1. Seven Dwarves Mine Train
2. Splash Mountain
3. Anna and Elsa on one band, Rapunzel on the other, which I will swap with DH so only I visit each one.

Day 2
1. Space Mountain
2. Peter Pan
3. Big Thunder Mountain

Epcot
Day 1
1. Soarin'
2. Mission Space
3. Nemo

Day 2
1. Test Track
2. Living with the Land
3. Figment

Hollywood Studios
1. Toy Story Mania
2. Star Tours
3. Great Movie Ride

Animal Kingdom
1. Expedition Everest
2. Kilamanjaro Safari
3. Dinosaur

Epcot was quite a tricky one... we might change them for our second day.

Booked our FP+yesterday and managed to get everything we wanted at good times :cool1: We didin't book Anna and Elsa, but when I look now it's not available on our first day, but is on our last so you might do better to get it later into your holiday. Don't forget you can do 1 headliner at rope drop if at parks early enough - I'm still factoring these into our plans - hope it works :yay:
Glad I was off work as took quite a while to sort out times for each day - made me very excited though :)

I've probably missed it, but when in August do you go?
We go the 17-29th...first trip as well, so excited :D

First WDW trip happening this August!! 17-29th staying at CSR :)

DH has just discovered the concept of drinking round the world at Epcot.... He's finally excited about something! LOL

My mum and I booked to go and see the Lion King in Southampton 11 days before we go to WDW... Oh my word, I've wanted to see it for years, and now I'm seeing it less than two weeks before I fly to Florida for my lifelong dream. I'm going to be buzzing by the end of the show! Squeee!

Well, I've completely failed to convince DH to come with me to the Villains Unleashed event (if we can even get tickets!) but I have convinced him that I am going! HOORAY! :D :D :D

We currently have a 2.30pm ADR at Tusker House that day, so I think my plan is to try and do everything I really want to at AK before that, then I'll get a bus back to the resort, have a shower and a rest, get changed, and then head back out to DHS a bit later! Eeek! How exciting! :D Although, I'm a little worried about going on my own.

Well, I've completely failed to convince DH to come with me to the Villains Unleashed event (if we can even get tickets!) but I have convinced him that I am going! HOORAY! :D :D :D We currently have a 2.30pm ADR at Tusker House that day, so I think my plan is to try and do everything I really want to at AK before that, then I'll get a bus back to the resort, have a shower and a rest, get changed, and then head back out to DHS a bit later! Eeek! How exciting! :D Although, I'm a little worried about going on my own.

You can meet up with us :D

AHHHHHHH!!!

I have my Villains Unleashed ticket booked! I'm so excited it is unreal! I was so nervous last night, as I'm leading a school trip today, and 11am is right in the middle of a bit that I'm very much leading the group... but apparently hard tickets don't come out at 6am... I had thought I would check when I woke up, and did... and there they were on the website! SQUEEEEE! :woohoo::woohoo:

Now I can think about my costume! I could do Minnie, and all I'd have to buy is some ears... or I could buy a Rapunzel dress (which I've been eyeing up for a while now anyway)... decisions, decisions!

Excellent!!

Think I'm going to settle for Ursula :D

Ursula sounds cool! Are you going to make it yourself, or have you seen a ready made one somewhere? (My mum tried to talk me into making a Rapunzel dress, but I pointed out once I'd bought the fabric, I'd have spent more than £34 anyway!)

Ursula sounds cool! Are you going to make it yourself, or have you seen a ready made one somewhere? (My mum tried to talk me into making a Rapunzel dress, but I pointed out once I'd bought the fabric, I'd have spent more than £34 anyway!)

I've seen a tutu style skirt on Etsy then I'll get a corset to go with it (probably slightly steampunk style as I've wanted one for ages anyway!). Debating whether to wig or not. I'm thinking I'll just go to our ADR at Raglan Road and La Nouba already in costume so I don't have to spend time getting changed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter