• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Limited Time Magic?

Thumbs down.

How about this?

"YJMM"

"You Just Missed the Magic"
*sigh* ~If I didn't know any better, I would think you worked for Universal or something. :(

~Anyway, I give this a huge thumbs up! While the name may lack creativity, but the party themes are fabulous! I wouldn't plan a trip around it, but I would be thrilled if any of this were to happen during my week at WDW. And, I just *LOVE* the ice sculptures! :goodvibes

.... it's kind of saying you get a special limited edition of WDW. Both with unique memories you create, and with limited editions of special features.

Ah, very nice phrasing!!!! Exactly!!!! :thumbsup2

(And also a very nice illustration of a positive context for the word 'limited'!)

Love it! It's basically some new week-long special events throughout the year.

I think this is a great way to try out new entertainment ideas without necessarily committing to them forever. Any that are hugely popular will most likely come back in subsequent years. :cool1:

Very, very fun! (I wonder what will be happening in December 2013???)

Sounds great to me! Some smart person in the marketing department came up with this...its a way for them to get people to come back multiple times during the year (espc. probably those people who are not quite local, but who can get to the World within a short maybe 4-5 hour ride), and at the same time sort of test out some ideas that might show up as long term specials later (like the price fixe menus)

SRUAlmn said:
In fact, I would be bummed if I was there for the villains week. I really don't like the whole "villain" thing, and I'd be disappointed if the theme of everything, everywhere during my vacation focused on them.

Ahhhh but I don't think everything everywhere is going to be the case. As far as we know Villains "week" is going to be one night - Friday the 13th. I think limited time magic might be a bit more limited than we're all thinking.

As for the not announcing the schedule so it's surprise magic -- well Disney would lose me. I wasn't planning a trip for next year, I'd only go if there was something special that I felt I couldn't miss *and* I could get a good hotel deal. And I think we all know that cheap last minute Disney rooms are hard to find.

Sounds like most of you do not like Disney.

This family is excited about this year of limited time magic. We want to see what Disney has planned and how the name relates to what they have planned.

We are being positive about this announcement, so exciting!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Personally, I love the idea. I have almost everything set up for Feb 2013 and just yesterday I came by this anouncement. For me it's a bonus. I was going to Disney, anyway, and the date is just what I had available.

I don't know what the extra magic might be while we are there, but I already feel I'm getting so much more than with the last theme.

Mx

Some neat grab-bag events.

Long Lost Friends Week I imagine will be fairly popular among a certain crowd :).

I hope they give more specific information on dates and activities.

I did mention LTM during dinner last night. All my kids agreed that the title is rather morbid.

The promotion sounds neat to me. I wonder if they're trying to capture the enthusiasm that "One More Disney Day" generated (in Disneyland park, at least)--a lot of little things (extra park hours, special characters, limited edition merchandise [and I am not one for buying a lot of Disney clothing, but I had to get the hoodie--and was glad I did when it got cool that night!], free buttons and ear hats, the return of beloved but discontinued food items, special entertainment [including a rare off-season, mid-week Fantasmic!], a photopass site on Main Street with the OMDD logo) that added up to a really special experience when all was said and done. I'm not sure we'll make it to the parks in 2013 (trying for December, but it depends on a lot of scheduling factors...), but if we do, I'll be excited to see what they've come up with for when we get there. This kind of promotion makes me wish I lived in central Florida or southern California....

Sounds like most of you do not like Disney.

This family is excited about this year of limited time magic. We want to see what Disney has planned and how the name relates to what they have planned.

We are being positive about this announcement, so exciting!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
People wouldn't bother to comment if they didn't like Disney. You can dislike a promotion without disliking Disney. :confused3

krb2g said:
The promotion sounds neat to me. I wonder if they're trying to capture the enthusiasm that "One More Disney Day" generated (in Disneyland park, at least)--a lot of little things (extra park hours, special characters, limited edition merchandise [and I am not one for buying a lot of Disney clothing, but I had to get the hoodie--and was glad I did when it got cool that night!], free buttons and ear hats, the return of beloved but discontinued food items, special entertainment [including a rare off-season, mid-week Fantasmic!], a photopass site on Main Street with the OMDD logo) that added up to a really special experience when all was said and done. I'm not sure we'll make it to the parks in 2013 (trying for December, but it depends on a lot of scheduling factors...), but if we do, I'll be excited to see what they've come up with for when we get there. This kind of promotion makes me wish I lived in central Florida or southern California....

Yep. I think this is it.

Personally, I love the idea. I have almost everything set up for Feb 2013 and just yesterday I came by this anouncement. For me it's a bonus. I was going to Disney, anyway, and the date is just what I had available.

I don't know what the extra magic might be while we are there, but I already feel I'm getting so much more than with the last theme.

Mx

Same here - we're planned out, paid up and ready to go.

Adding a special week of something during our trip is just an added bonus! If it's not something we are interested in, we go about our trip as planned! If it is, we'll check it out!

I don't get what all the fuss is about, other than the name which isn't fantastic.

The idea is cool, fun, exciting... the name is terrible. "Limited" sounds so final, done, like there won't be enough with Disney it should be "Limitless".... bad promotion name.

I really hope the Dapper Dans are singing some New Kids or Backstreet Boys the week I am there. I have oh so dreamed this magical day would come!

I like the idea. Part of me wishes they'd put out a schedule so we'd know what was going on, but the other part digs the idea of suprises...though I'd be kind of bummed to get there and find the surprise during MY week was kind of lame. KWIM.

As for the name...meh. It's okay.

Looking forward to seeing what's in store for the two days we'll be at WDW in MArch.

I think it all sounds great!

I will be 40 on September 13, 2013 for the Unleash the Villans night. What better place to spend my 40th!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter