Lion King Show at Epcot

Tiggerish

DIS Veteran
There is a Lion King based show in Epcot, Circle of Life. Has anyone taken a small child (almost 3 yo boy)?

He does not care for the stampede in the movie and villians in general. I don't want to take him into something that might scare him.

It's not a scary film, but although it has Lion King characters it's about the environment. It's good, but it's not aimed at toddlers. The UG gives it 2 1/2 stars for that age range. I don't recall anything that would make me hesitant to take a small child.

Thank you for the information. There do not seem to be that many things for his age in Epcot. Hopefully he will like some of the hands on stuff in Innovations. I (on the other hand) always appreciate any opportunity to sit, watch a show and rest my feet!

There are a lot of things he will like at Epcot though I don't think this will be one of the best for him. He will like the other two attractions in this area, living with the land boat ride and food rocks. He will love the living seas and lunch at coral reef though expensive would be a real treat. He will like spaceship earth, the energy ride and the two boat rides in the world showcase. The fountains and lighted sidewalks always get the attention of toddlers. There will be lots he will enjoy looking at in the World Showcase. Keep an eye out for the living statues. They are great. I thing Epcot is full of things for all ages. Bet he will love it there.

Jordan's mom

Hi, we just got back Saturday night from our week at WDW. At Epcot, there is a "ride" called, I think, Journey into the Imagination, that has been revamped and is actually quite cute for someone your child's age. It has a character named Figment and my little ones loved it. BEWARE of Honey I Shrunk the Audience, after that 3D show my 5 year old was VERY hesitant to go into another theater. Have fun!!!
Juli

Our 2 y/o dd enjoyed Food Rocks, Journey Into Imagination, El Rio del Tiempo, Living with the Land, and Cranium Command as well as the Living Seas. She was asleep when we were at Spaceship Earth-she did okay on Universe of Energy but is was very loud. Definitely would not recommend Honey I Shrunk the Audience. Both of our dd's were traumatized after this experience!! Since Epcot wasn't as crowded as the other parks were when we were there, the toddler had a lot more room to explore. There are a couple places with interactive fountains which are a nice way to take a break from all the walking.

We had a very bad experience with our then 3 year old on Spaceship Earth on our first full day at WDW. The ride broke down (or stopped?) when we were in total darkness. DS was so scared and I must admit it was a little unnerving. We sat there for about 3 minutes although it seemed like 30! Anyway he was so scared of anything "in the dark" the rest of the trip that it was a challenge. We had to drag him into Small World because he had been so spooked!

Your youngester might enjoy the aquarium part of the living seas, the playground area at Norway, the river ride in Mexico, Food Rocks, riding the boat in the lagoon, the mini train set by Germany etc....

I think there are many wonderful things for young kids at Epcot but it is definately a different kind of experience than MK. Also, the character bus is a lot of fun, bright and noisy when it arrives!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter