Lisacope's 6/26/2008 DFTW VR PJ - Started TR, some pix

Thanks! I actually breathed a sigh of relief when I opened it because I was so worried that a few things we added were going to be super expense and they weren't!

Thats a great thing! I was actually surprised at my BEO too b/c some things that I thought would be expensive really weren't. Granted there are many things that are way overpriced, but that's Disney :)

Good luck with your planning!

I'm sorry, but I don't remember reading about your planning session...did you post it and I missed it or are you going to make us wait for the VR? (Say no please!)
I think I'm in the same area as you are by the way. (Not that that makes any difference, it's just nice to know that there are at least a few Washingtonians looking at these boards!)
Taje care...

Oh my goodness! We only have 3 months left to get stuff done!

Still to do:

Address Invitations and mail them
Pick Tuxes and get measurements
Hair Trial
Select Makeup and do trial run
Seating Chart and Place Cards
Reception Menus
Favors
Programs
Welcome Bags
Pick Music
Write Vows
Get photos and music to my bro who is doing a slideshow
Gifts for GMs

EEEEKKKKK!!!!!

Got my floral budget - not too many surprises - my decor portion was not too bad, but the bouquets are a little expensive, so it all evens out.

Got my floral budget - not too many surprises - my decor portion was not too bad, but the bouquets are a little expensive, so it all evens out.

Very cool Lisa -- Flowers can make or break the wedding. It's all about the atmosphere, right? :goodvibes

Just a little update!

Opinions please: Do I really have to have programs? We are having a very simple ceremony and only about 40 people - it just seems like something that people throw away! I worked on them a little but it just seems like something that will go to waste!

I had another fitting on my dress! I took my jewelry and shoes to my fitting and they all look fabulous together! The seamstress wanted to fix one more little thing and then I get to keep my dress! Of course, with the way it fits, I CAN NOT GAIN A SINGLE POUND before my VR!

I have also been working on getting gifts for everybody at the RD - I have jewelry for the ladies, and I am getting Fossil wallets with Disney $$ for DS and his two cousins, and I need to come up with something for my Dad and for our best man.

I have printed clear labels for my invites and now all I have to do is put them together this weekend and then I am going to mail them on Monday!

We mailed our invites yesterday!

I bought glowstick necklaces for our dessert party!

I need to figure out more BP presents.

We have fulfilled our room block minimum - I am relieved!

I had asked for a hand painted aisle runner and Rose just sent me the price - $700!!! I don't think I am going to do it.

$70.00 is much better and reasonable. I still can't get over the price of a custom one..... WOW! I wonder how many they make at that price .....

I have started getting RSVP cards, its pretty fun to get those in the mail! We have used almost all of the room nights in the block - and I was worried about filling the min number of nights! We have more than 40 confirmed guests, and we needed that many for our reception venue!

My current to-do List:

Address Invitations and mail them - Done
Pick Tuxes and get measurements - hurry up, Bruce!
Hair Trial - I am going to schedule this when I get back from San Diego next week
Select Makeup and do trial run - working on this at the end of the month
Gifts for BP members for RD - Still have a few things left to get
Reception Menus - I have a mockup, waiting for final count to do them
Seating Chart and Place Cards - Waiting for final count
Favors - Kind of chosen, waiting for count
Programs - Undecided on whether to do these, I have a mockup
Welcome Bags - Completely untouched
Get pictures to Bro for slideshow - Done
Pick Music - Not done!!!
Write Vows - Not done!!!

Wow, two months! That is going to fly by!

I've been dreaming of Florida to escape this weird weather we've been having...currently, there is a mixture of hail and snow outside my window. How is it on your side?

As far as programs go-- perhaps you could do a small amount of programs. Print only 20 or 25 if you are having 40 guests. That way, you'd have a few for your scrapbook and pictures, the people who really want one will get one, and all your hard work won't go to waste!

Congrats on having two months left! Time will go by fast but it seems like you have everything under control and organized. I was debating having menus programs, and favours. I decided to go with menus but not with programs. I should have 40 guests as well and everyone should know everyone. My planner told me almost everyone leaves them so if it isn't in your budget not to spend the money. I have also heard that people leave favours. I am thinking if I have edible favours, they will be taken!

Wow, two months! That is going to fly by!

I've been dreaming of Florida to escape this weird weather we've been having...currently, there is a mixture of hail and snow outside my window. How is it on your side?

As far as programs go-- perhaps you could do a small amount of programs. Print only 20 or 25 if you are having 40 guests. That way, you'd have a few for your scrapbook and pictures, the people who really want one will get one, and all your hard work won't go to waste!

It has been snowing/hailing/raining all weekend!! I am sick of it!!!!

I think what you are suggesting is what I am going to do - I am not going to make them super fancy, and just print a few!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter