Lisa's Weightloss Journal (comments welcomed!)

Ok, so I was wrong about plenty of flu vaccine.:rolleyes: Hey, they told us there would be where I work.

Anyway, I dropped by to say I'm still on Induction. I fell off the wagon a bit because I got sick last week, but I'm back on again. I want to get the rest of this weight off so I can start maintenance. Still shooting for making goal in the Spring. I hope, I hope!

Lisa:

I'm sorry that you have not been feeling well and I do hope that you are feeling better.

We just got back from a vacation in the Yellowstone region...Southeastern Idaho had ordered their entire flu vaccines from Chiron in London and now they will not have any for the whole region. As neither Jeff nor I have been big believers in this vaccine, the sickest I ever got from the flu was after receiving a shot while in college, this won't effect us. But I am worried about my sis, the nurse, and my 90 year old grandmother being able to get theirs.

What do you know about the mist or the anti-flu treatments that are suppose to make it less severe?

take care and it is really good to hear that you are still on plan and going strong.

-Laurie:sunny:

Lisa, hope you do not mind my posting on your post.

LAinSEA

You know I swear by zinc tablets, which are the contents in a lot of the over-the-counter cold meds.

Whenever I get a viral infection I will take around 4 50mg tabs a day for about two days, and I get much better. I am not saying to do this for my doctor said she read a report that you can develop anemia from taking too much. I read another report that said it can cause prostate cancer. But on the other hand, I read a report that it decreased the size of a cancerous tumour when it was injected into it. So go figure. I just know it works for me;)

Hi Laurie. Well, if there's a shortage on vaccine, we're being told there will be with the mist as well. As for medications that say they lessen the severity, I'm not too sure about those. I'm not sure about elsewhere, but out here the elderly and those with chronic illnesses will still get their flu shot.

Just a quick little post to say I went clothes shopping this weekend. I had a blast! NY & Co was having a sale plus earn a $15 coupon for every $30 you spend. I earned $60 towards my next shopping spree, plus got an additional 20% off for signing up for emails. Woohoo, I love a bargain! Anyway, I got myself a few outfits and was thrilled to be able to wear size 12. I had bought one or two size 12s before vacation, but they were on the larger side. What I bought this weekend are perfect 12s. My weight loss is going reaaaally slow right now, but I'm not going to push it. I'm happy with where I'm at and will continue to stay OP, but I'm not going to stress about how long it's taking to get to goal. It's so weird because I wore a new outfit both yesterday and today, but they fit so well that I feel overexposed. I was literally swimming in my work clothes so I had to finally break down and pick up a few things. I can't wait until November when I can use my coupons, more new clothes for me!:teeth:

Sounds like you had a great time shopping, Lisa, and I bet you look GREAT in your new outfits!!

You're at the tough part of weight loss - those last few pounds. They will come off eventually but I'm afraid it will take time. Hang in there and know that you're eating healthy food that is good for you!

Hope you have a great Tuesday! :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

Lisa,

Just checking in. I have not seen you post in a while, and I hope all is going well.

Connie

Well, I'm baaack! Oh boy, where do I begin? For the last few months I haven't been OP like I should be. Around November I got to a complete standstill with my weight loss, major plateau. Not only have I not lost since then, I've gained a few pounds. My size 12 clothes I bought are fitting me tight. It took a lot of courage for me to come back to my journal, but I knew I had to do it. There's no way I'm going to undo all of the hard work I put in. I know that all is not lost, I just got off track for a bit. I know that what helped me before was journaling. I did get to point to where I didn't need it, and that was ok. But now I need to get back to basics, so in order to accomplish that goal, I'm going to start this process again. I haven't done my grocery shopping for the week yet and will do that tomorrow, so Monday is the day! I'll be back Monday to post my thoughts and menu.

7/18/05 I promised myself I'd come back today so here I am. I didn't start off too well, however, in my defense I can say that technically I'm OP. Where I messed up was breakfast; didn't have any. I'm at work of course and my attention got diverted elsewhere when it was time to go up and grab a bite. My initial plan was bacon and eggs since I hadn't had any in while. These past few weeks I'd been eating lc cereal or oatmeal. Not a good thing to have every day. Anyway, I'm going to the Bistro for lunch and plan on having some form of protein, green veggies and a small side salad for lunch. Will post the day's menu this evening.

Breakfast-Nothing.

Lunch-Couldn't wait until tonight to post lunch, so here goes. Lunch was a chicken caesar salad and diet coke. Pretty good! I had to post because I'm craving something sweet. Someone in our office has Twix but I must stay away!

Dinner-2 bunless cheeseburgers, diet Sunkist orange.

Dessert: Two sf Jello (yes two).

Woohoo, I made it through the day and stayed OP. Tomorrow's goal is to make sure I have breakfast and drink more water. Short term goal for now is to get those size 12s fitting right again by end of September. Longer term goal is for them to be fitting loose by winter which will hopefully mean larger size 10s. I don't want to get too ahead of myself, so I'll stop there. That's already 5 months of hard work.

Lisa:

Welcome back to your journal. Yours are not the only clothes that are fitting tight--I'm struggling to stay in a 14!. Too much school, work, planning for school and no exercise. Your are correct, the less you (and I) journal the less likely we are to stay on plan.

I do hope you and your family are well. It's hurricane season again and that seems to be where I left you. My folks, my sister, and the nieces will be heading off to the World the first week in August and I've got my fingers crossed for clear weather.

DH and I were hoping he'd be sent to a seminar in San Diego that would give him some time to spend with his brother and sister in Orange County (and me a chance to get to the DL 50th celebration), but it didn't happen. Maybe this fall or Christmas time.

Thanks for stopping by my journal - I have missed you!

-Laurie (I'll be starting my student teaching this fall!) :sunny:

:wave2: Hi Lisa!! :wave2:

Welcome back to the Journals!! You're right, there are quite a few of us still here. Count me as another one who is struggling at the moment. My size 14s are OK but I've got a closet full of 12s and yes, 10s, that I can't wear at the moment. :rolleyes: But I haven't given up. :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

Hope your day is filled with smiles and sunshine!

I just wanted to BRAVO you for coming back and recognizing the need to. Nice to see you around (from a mainly newbie) and hope to hear more about how you are doing.

Keep on :banana: :banana:
Chris

7/19/05: Good morning! How wonderful to come to my journal this morning and find such kind words of encouragement. Just what I need right now.

Chris, welcome to WISH. Do you have a journal? Well, very nice to meet you and thanks so much for taking the time to say hi.

Doe, thanks for the welcome back. It's been few months, but I definitely haven't given up. I know exactly how you feel when opening up the closet. Fortunately I threw out all my "big" clothes so that I'm not tempted to become comfortable with gaining a few pounds. And I refuse to buy myself any new outfits until I lose what I gained. A small shopping spree will be a gift to myself this fall/winter when I get a few pounds below where I was at. Can't wait!

Ok, down to the business of posting my meals....

Breakfast-Two eggs over easy, three small sausage links, coffee. Must keep in mind that my goal for today is to drink, drink, drink water! Off to get some now!

Lunch-Two turkey patties w/cheese, green beans, sliced tomato, Dasani lemon flavored water.

Dinner-3 roast beef rolls ups with cream cheese, diet A&W rootbear (one of my favorites) and 1 sf jello for dessert.

I did pretty good with the water today. Drank 32 oz. today which for me is an accomplishment. Tomorrow I hope to increase my water intake to 40 oz. and eventually get back up to 64.

Well, tomorrow is going to be a test. You see, at work they've initiated a training program which I decided to participate in. Well, when we go, they always have massive amounts of food on hand. Breakfast is of the continental type with various pastries, muffins, fruit, bagels, juice, etc. All no nos for me. Then they bring lunch in which usually consists of lots of carbs. I take that back. Last time they had fried chicken, but there was no breading on the chicken of that makes sense. Weird recipe, but it was good. Anyway, the sides were rice pilaf, mac n' cheese (not out of a box), green beans, fresh rolls and salad. I could've just had the chicken and salad and picked out the potatoes that were in the green beans, but nooo, I sampled the rice and mac n' cheese. But I did drink a diet Pepsi with that which you know cancels out all the carbs! :sad2: :rotfl: Note to self: Be prepared tomorrow! Get thyself out of bed early enough to go to the store to pick up a Morning Start bar for that sweet tooth that I'll inevitably get when I see those pastries. Will then run by the office before leaving again for training, so I should be able to run upstairs to grab breakfast "to go." Will promise myself to only eat salad, protein and green veggies if available.

Now off to bed for the news and sleepy time.

I do have a journal - I can't wait to get my clippie like yours!!!! Thanks for asking.

Hey there woman,

It is so good to have another old friend back here. Take it one day at a time, and you'll get rid of the extra pounds that have snuck up on you.

Take care,
Beth

8/20/05 Boy, finally have a few minutes to post to my journal. I was in training all day today, so I had no computer access.

Well, I'm happy to report that I got through temptation today, woohoo! I resisted the pastries. Oh before I go on, funny thing. Last night I thought to myself that wouldn't it just be the cherry on my cake for them to serve pasta today. Mind you, the past couple weeks the main dish has always been some sort of meat dish, not once did they serve pasta except for the mac n' cheese which was just a side. Well, guess what they served today? Yup, pasta, spaghetti to be specific! :rolleyes: But I stayed focused and was able to improvise! So here's my menu for today.

Breakfast-Two scrambled eggs, 1 hot link, coffee.

Lunch-No pasta!!! Small side salad, mixed italian veggies, diet Coke.

Dinner-Taco salad from Taco Bell, hold the beans and a diet root beer. Had 3, count 'em, 3 sf jello for dessert.

In addition, I'm happy to report I've lost a pound and a half. I did get a migraine this afternoon which could've been due to the aspartame I used in my coffee. I never use it anymore and I think the Equal I had combined with the diet Coke might have done it. Note to self: Grab some packets of Splenda tomorrow morning before heading off to training.

7/21/05 I'm going to try to make my entry short tonight. I need time to go over to the DCL boards and do some more trip research! :teeth:

Breakfast-Two scrambled eggs, 3 slices of bacon, coffee.

Lunch-Here's where I had to get a little creative. They brought in ribs, coleslaw, corn on the cob, BBQ beans and rolls for lunch. I had some ribs but scraped off as much of the sauce as possible. The coleslaw didn't seem like it had sugar in it, but I only took two bites anyway because it had way too much pepper in it for some reason. Had diet Coke to drink.

Dinner-Woo, too hot to cook! I had a lc tortilla with ham and cream cheese, Crystal Light to drink. Later I'll have some sf jello for dessert.

Lillygator, that sf jello is my savior when I'm craving dessert. It's guilt free plus as soon as I'm off induction I can top it with whipped cream.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter