List of Blue card vs White card benefits

Cash stays in a DVC room by people other than owners will pay for resort overnight parking. But, they still get free parking at the parks. That is currently free for all onsite guests. Being DVC only gets you resort parking for free when you stay at a DVC resort...paying points or cash...or stay at a non DVC resort paying with points.
Does it matter if you only have a white card? Would we still get free parking at the resort? Since we are just lowly white card members….

Does it matter if you only have a white card? Would we still get free parking at the resort? Since we are just lowly white card members….
You still get free parking. The parking lots were all on the declarations of the properties and owned by the condo association. Plus maintenance and the security guards are paid by dues. My understanding is from FL law, is a timeshare owns and maintains a common area, you cannot charge for use of such common areas. Since all owners of points own the parking lot and pay to maintain and administer it, we can’t be charged.

Completely off topic, and I am not even a DVC member (yet). But changing the cards to digital in my opinion was completely ridiculous. It's like WDW is so broke that they can't afford to hand out a physical card when someone writes them a check for 40k. Anyways I was watching the more recent vlog and it was noted that all people had to do was flash their phone and CMs were just honoring what they saw. No verification or checking anything. All you need is a screen shot of a blue rectangle box (partly sarcasm).

:oops:

Completely off topic, and I am not even a DVC member (yet). But changing the cards to digital in my opinion was completely ridiculous. It's like WDW is so broke that they can't afford to hand out a physical card when someone writes them a check for 40k. Anyways I was watching the more recent vlog and it was noted that all people had to do was flash their phone and CMs were just honoring what they saw. No verification or checking anything. All you need is a screen shot of a blue rectangle box (partly sarcasm).

Maybe over time it will get clamped down, it does seem a bit odd and that you could easily show someone else’s to get a discount.

For now but in the future I can see the system applying discounts instead of a cashier typing it in. No different than entering the park.

I like things digital. I don't need anymore cards to carry and rifle through while at cash registers. I also use Apple Wallet to pay for things when I can in the real world.

It’s not Disney’s money that pays for the cards though, that money definitely comes from dues. Which means it’s not a cost cut, it’s what they think people want.

It's like WDW is so broke that they can't afford to hand out a physical card when someone writes them a check for 40k.

They never did hand out a card when you bought resale, you printed it yourself from the website.

The only thing DVC ever sent me is the silly magazine. I get a few copies of it, because I have multiple contracts.

Not my experience so far so it’s not just happening. So far, they wanted the Magic Mobile piece but took a screen shot since they are working on glitches and a few CMs said that for January, it will be a little less strict.

I did indeed have to show ID, except this morning when I bought half and half at RIV. But she took it because I pulled up on my Apple Watch and she could tell I just finished my exercise walk and figured a stranger wouldn’t have given me their watch.

So, I think we have to give it a bit to have a better idea of how it will work in terms of consistency and enforcement.

They never did hand out a card when you bought resale, you printed it yourself from the website.

The only thing DVC ever sent me is the silly magazine. I get a few copies of it, because I have multiple contracts.

Blue card? I watched the vlog recently and they were complaining about the switch and lack of control in the parks. But I guess it's hit and miss for people. I know we are now heavily dependent on our phones, which sucks (I didn't even like taking mine in the past). So I guess it is what it is.

One Question.

The H20 Glow Nights comes with a Discount for DVC. Can we buy it with a wihte card? It only says that we need a valid membership id.

Thanks

One Question.

The H20 Glow Nights comes with a Discount for DVC. Can we buy it with a wihte card? It only says that we need a valid membership id.

Thanks

I am going to assume no as Valid Membership will likely be a Digital Blue Card upon entry.

I was given the option to book at DVC discounted rates for the party but hesitated as I just didn't want to risk the hassle if come August, they clamp down and want me to show the Blue Card

I was considering buy min direct and the rest resale, but the RIV situation is holding me back, because I know I would need the extra points to stay there. And, of course, this would apply to future DVC too, I imagine.

One Question.

Thanks
All discounts are membership extras that require membership ID. When they speak of membership ID, they mean the "blue card" as follows (or previously grandfathered): Effective June 3, 2021, to obtain a Disney Vacation Club Membership Card, Members must accumulate a total of at least 150 Vacation Points purchased directly from Disney Vacation Development, Inc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter