Live BLT trip report starting 10/14/12

DD is doing the YES ocean wonders class on Halloween!This is our second time doing the program. It is so amazing:thumbsup2

We got to DHS right at 9:00, just missing rope drop.:rolleyes2 DW went to get FP for TSM. She doesn't do TOT. We went to TOT and rode it with no wait. Then we hit RRC. Next up was Star Tours and Muppet 3-D. We all toured the backlot and headed to Animation Studios. We drew Minnie in the class. We had just enough time to make it to Indiana Jones. We got lucky and got picked to sit in the VIP seats right up front. DF got picked to be in the show. He was hilarious. We were laughing so hard. We had lunch reservations at Sci-Fi. We had the angus burgers and milk shakes. Delicious! We headed out of the park and back to the hotel for a swim in the Contemporary pool. After showering and resting we went to MK for a couple of hours. We rode Space Mountain and Haunted Mansion and ate at Pinnochio's Village House. Flatbread was really good. We had a really great day! Tomorrow we are going to AK and a water park.

The angus burger (w/swiss and mushrooms) at Sci-Fi is my standard order there, with the onion ring appetizer.

Your trip report is making it more difficult for me to OBJECTIVELY crunch the numbers for our DVC purchase later this year!

DD is doing the YES ocean wonders class on Halloween!This is our second time doing the program. It is so amazing:thumbsup2
All the kids enjoyed the YES programs. We are so glad Disney offers them.

The angus burger (w/swiss and mushrooms) at Sci-Fi is my standard order there, with the onion ring appetizer.

Your trip report is making it more difficult for me to OBJECTIVELY crunch the numbers for our DVC purchase later this year!
Yes, you have to love the burgers at Sci-Fi. Definitely understand the number crunching. My wife always tries to talk me into more points after every trip.:rolleyes2

The sun ended up burning through the clouds. We made it to Blizzard Beach at 8:55. We found a great spot to set up camp for the day. We could see Summit Plummet and the wave pool.
Morning sun.
IMG_0171.jpg

From our camp.
IMG_0172.jpg

IMG_0174.jpg

We had a great time at BB. The last day with our DFs went by way to fast! It was soon time to leave for the airport and say our goodbyes.:sad:
Some pictures we took leaving.

IMG_0175.jpg

DFD stopped to get a pearl on the way out. She actually got a really big pearl.
IMG_0177.jpg

The kids all hated this pose. We made them do this one.
IMG_0178.jpg

When we got back we walked over to do a couple of Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom missions before MNSSHP.
IMG_0180.jpg

Not as much fun without our DFs. But, we are managing to get bye. We only did one mission. Then we went over and rode the new Under the Sea Little Mermaid ride. It was pretty good. Kind of a modern twist on a Pooh Bear type of ride.
IMG_0186.jpg

IMG_0189.jpg

IMG_0185.jpg

Clam Mobiles.
IMG_0187.jpg

IMG_0191.jpg

These are just pictures of us walking around before we got kicked out before MNSSHP.
IMG_0183.jpg

IMG_0192.jpg

IMG_0193.jpg

IMG_0182.jpg

IMG_0195.jpg

We came back and ate at the Contempo Cafe, pin traded with the board at Fantasia and the Market. We played some games at the arcade. Now we are in the room just waiting for the fireworks at 9:30. DS really misses his CA friends! I almost forgot to mention. We saw some really great costumes going in to MK tonight. These guys dressed up as the Kiss Band probably took top honors. They looked awesome. Just like those guys with the big platform boots/shoes and everything.

We've had Ariel's ride in CA for over a year now so that's not so exciting for me, but WOW! I love the Beast's Castle picture! That's the first pic I've seen without the scaffolding or construction walls. I really enjoyed seeing those FL pics! :thumbsup2

Hey, Live4Surf, met your wife and kids this morning in BLT as we were all heading over to the CR from BLT. We were on the way to GF Cafe for breakfast.

Fireworks from BLT for the Halloween party tonight were pretty good!

We've had Ariel's ride in CA for over a year now so that's not so exciting for me, but WOW! I love the Beast's Castle picture! That's the first pic I've seen without the scaffolding or construction walls. I really enjoyed seeing those FL pics! :thumbsup2
We were excited to see some of the construction walls come down too. They are working hard over there to finish up everything.

Hey, Live4Surf, met your wife and kids this morning in BLT as we were all heading over to the CR from BLT. We were on the way to GF Cafe for breakfast.

Fireworks from BLT for the Halloween party tonight were pretty good!

I can't believe I didn't get a chance to meet you Deb. You are like a legend on Dis Boards!:wave2: My wife said you were very nice.:)
Yes I love the MNSSHP Fireworks. Hope you guys have a great trip.

It looks like another great day. We are going to Epcot. We have lunch reservations at Le Celliar. Here is a picture from my morning walk over to the CR.
IMG_0198.jpg

We made it over to Epcot for rope drop this morning.:banana: We made it to Soarin for a great ride. DS and I.
IMG_0199-1.jpg

We went and watched Captain EO next. DS likes that 3D show. We tried to catch the jumping water at the fountains.
IMG_0202-1.jpg

IMG_0201-1.jpg

Then we went over to the Chase Lounge. We got the free beverages and the VIP bracelet for the special viewing of IllumiNations at 10:00 tonight.
IMG_0203-1.jpg

IMG_0206-1.jpg

IMG_0207-1.jpg

IMG_0216-1.jpg

DW tried the liquid chocolate bar.:confused3 She said it was not for her.
IMG_0209-1.jpg

We stopped at Mouse Gears. These are a couple of t-shirts I liked.
IMG_0212-1.jpg

IMG_0211-1.jpg

We took one of the Friendship boats over to Germany.
IMG_0215-1.jpg

IMG_0217-1.jpg

Then it was time for the American Adventure. After DS wanted to get a pearl at the Japan attraction. His pearl was 7 3/4s.
IMG_0220-1.jpg

It was a beautiful day and nice walk over to Le Cellier for our lunch reservations.
IMG_0225-1.jpg

IMG_0226-1.jpg

IMG_0227.jpg

After a awesome lunch. We waddled out to our car and went to Downtown Disney. DS wanted a remote controlled car from Ride Makerz.
IMG_0233.jpg

IMG_0235.jpg

IMG_0239.jpg

IMG_0237.jpg

We had a pretty light day today. We came back from Downtown Disney and rested in our room. We walked over to the Magic Kingdom around 6:30. Some pictures from the walk.
IMG_0240.jpg

IMG_0242.jpg

IMG_0243.jpg

IMG_0245.jpg

We went over to get some more "Sorcerer's of the Magic KIngdom" cards and play missions. We ended up doing three missions tonight. I never realized how popular this game is with kids and adults. My DS started to really get into the game tonight.

These are some pictures of DS playing Sorcerer's of the Magic Kingdom.
IMG_0248.jpg

IMG_0249.jpg

DS started getting a little grumpy so we headed out at 8:50. All of us our pretty tired from the last few days. Some pictures from us walking out.
IMG_0247.jpg

IMG_0251.jpg

IMG_0252.jpg

Our plan for tomorrow morning is rope drop at MK.

Heading for the MK rope drop. Going to ride a few favorites we have not gotten a chance to ride yet and do a few sorcerers missions.:yay:

Just found this today. What a beautiful family. :thumbsup2

It's always fun to travel with friends. We have done Disneyland with our friends as we live in CA, but we have yet to get them to join us in WDW. :confused3

Enjoy your day at MK. :goodvibes

Great trip report - I love that there are great pics with just enough words to tell what you did! :thumbsup2

What a great time you seem to be having and I love your room!!

Your report is making me even more excited for our upcoming trip in January. I'm curious how crowded today is at the MK since it's a Saturday. I want to go to MK the day after we arrive (a Saturday) but it isn't recommended because "Saturdays are the most crowded at the MK".

Enjoy your day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter