• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

LIVE from the Hard Rock (room pics!)

thessaly

Mouseketeer
Checked into the Hard Rock Hotel this morning, wanted to share a quick report and some room pics.

We got a Deluxe King, and the room is MUCH nicer than I expected based on reports I have read here.

As you can see, we got the white duvet cover, not the green bedspread. The room has a great little sitting nook with couches (in addition to the regular sitting area with chairs).

I really love the way the room is not just your basic rectangular shape. I like the decor a lot too, much more than I expected.

The bathroom is great, with a sink in the main bathroom and another sink and makeup mirror at the outside vanity.

The only sign of wear in the room is that the bathroom rug (at the big vanity) is slightly frayed.

Check in was fast (one person in line ahead of us this morning; lobby was deserted when we came back from the parks for our actual room assignment). Everyone has been completely friendly, none of the "attitude" I have read about. The change machine was out of order in the laundry room, and I went down to the little ice cream shop, expecting them to resent my asking for five bucks of quarters, but the cashier could not have been any nicer about it.

Bellman was equally nice when he brought our bags earlier, and he chatted with us a while (he mentioned that the hotel was at about 30 percent capacity)...

Had dinner at the Hard Rock Cafe, no wait, excellent food.

Will post more this week, possibly, or when I return.

room1.jpg

room2.jpg
room3.jpg
room4.jpg
room5.jpg
room6.jpg
room7.jpg

Love the way the room looks. Thanks for sharing. I am also glad to hear that you are having a wonderful experience at this resort.

Do you have pool view? Keep us posted and thanks for sharing.

AWESOME PICS! How many people does the deluxe room sleep?
I read somewhere that it sleeps 5, but judging from the pictures, it looks like 4!?!

We are in a King Deluxe, which I believe sleeps 2 only. The couches don't appear to fold out.

Today it seems like the hotel has really emptied out, even compared to yesterday. We spent a while in the pool this afternoon during prime pool time, there were only 2 or 3 other groups around the pool area, you had your pick of lounge chairs etc.

We liked Hard Rock Cafe so much last night that we went for lunch again today. Again, we went during prime lunch hour, and not only was there no wait, the restaurant was maybe 1/4 full. Food was good again, although I can't really recommend the Cobb Salad - bottled (not fresh) ranch dressing, and diced onions instead of bleu cheese. I think I've been spoiled by the Cobb at Cheesecake Factory. But I had the warm chocolate chip cookie pie at HRC, and it was one of the best desserts I've had at a chain restaurant.

Tonight we have reservations at Emerils.

We didn't do any parks today, but we walked past US on the way to HRC, and only saw a few stragglers heading into the park in early afternoon.

Weather was downright nice today, even walking over to HRC at 12:30 there was a great breeze and the humidity was much reduced from yesterday. Perfect pool weather too - not too hot, the pool was nice and refreshing (not like bathwater).

Still enjoying the hotel. The interior hallways are nice and they keep them very cold. However, I can see why people complain about noise here - it seems like you can hear every door being shut up and down your hallway, every conversation when someone walks by, and the ice machine two rooms down. I think it's not that the hotel is particularly noisy, it's just that the soundproofing is lacking compared to other hotels I have stayed in. No problems sleeping at night. Beds and pillows are very comfortable.

We have a "garden" view, which is fine... I didn't request any special view.

Thanks for posting on vacation! I would love to hear what you thought of Emeril's. We have ressies in Nov., and I am trying to decide if I should keep them or not. I keep hearing conflicted reviews. Thanks again!

Hi ~ thanx for posting the photos of the deluxe room - I was wondering how they compared to the room I had on the club level.

Your room looks much roomier than the regular rooms and the little sitting area is cozy. :)

>>^..^<<

I love the little sitting area.:D Glad to hear you are enjoying your trip!

Thanks for the great pictures.During school week in most of the country it will be empty.Nobody is going on vacation with kids this time of year.

Thanks SO much for the pics.. We are leaving on Wednesday for a week, and are staying at the HRH for the first time! I've been wondering about the rooms.

The rooms look a lot different than they do on Universal's and Loews' sites...While I'm sure they are nice, I have the feeling that I am always going to prefer the Royal Pacific Resort's theming and decor...just personal taste!

MScott,

Enjoy your anniversary trip. I am on my way in about 3 weeks. Leave some fun for us...LOL

I love the RPR, but toured the HRH and liked it as well. My plan is to stay there after our next trip to Portofino.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter