Live Stream of Volcano Bay Opening

Thanks for the link this VB is looking pretty awesome. We missed the opening by a week but I'm really starting to feel a late summer trip.....

Thanks for the link this VB is looking pretty awesome. We missed the opening by a week but I'm really starting to feel a late summer trip.....

The grand opening stream was pretty cool. We will be there tomorrow and Sunday, and again late July. We already had trips planned; it just happened to work out to be during the openingo_O They said the water is heated, so you could even go pretty far into fall and early spring. Northerners could probably go almost all year:)

What's the story for transportation from the onsite hotels? I know you can walk to CBay from elsewhere on the property, but are there dedicated shuttles from the hotels? Do you have to schlep to CW and grab the shuttles there?

We did the grand opening, we were on the far left side of the wave pool and watched as the performers walked by (and the performers on surf boards). It was pretty fun. To answer the guest services question it's just inside and outside the park, on the right, and also a small guest services at the bus pickup in the garage.

Park is beautiful, but there were a lot of kinks today. I have a 2 year old and the kid area was not open (as of 2PM when we left) along with the slower lazy river, and several of those rides on that side of the park were sporadic. I did the wave pool, fast river, and the OhNo slides. The only areas my 2yo could go to were the leisure pool next to the OhNo slide and the wave pool, since the main kid area wasn't up and running. (They were frantically trying to fix it, I think it was issues with getting the Ph level right there)

TapuTapu worked for the ohno ride pretty well, except it was having issues so wait times kept going up and up, I did get on it though, it was the only band required ride I did today. (I'll go back another day, after memorial weekend after more of the kinks are worked out) A few notes, right now you can use taputapu to pay if you link your credit card online, but it doesn't work for paying for lockers strangely (opening/closing them yes). And you need your AP card to get a discount even if you are using the band. (Which was kind of annoying)

The park is stunning, the volcano is amazing looking, and we can't wait to go back after a few more kinks are worked out. We went to guest services (which had a HUGE line when we were leaving around 2) and they gave us about $100 in gift cards for a future trip (we were AP holders) because of the downtime for the kid areas.

The AP event gave us continental breakfast and beverages before the opening event, and a good spot to watch it right along the wave pool. No issues getting in or in the buses, although it's very odd seeing ticket booths right in the garage (first floor of the south garage).

The fast river was supposed to have waves in it, but for whatever reason that part of it wasn't working today.

Overall we had great fun, and only planned to stay until our daughter collapsed of exhaustion. (Which she did, especially since we were there since 6AM)

Last edited:
We did the grand opening, we were on the far left side of the wave pool and watched as the performers walked by (and the performers on surf boards). It was pretty fun. To answer the guest services question it's just inside and outside the park, on the right, and also a small guest services at the bus pickup in the garage.

Park is beautiful, but there were a lot of kinks today. I have a 2 yo and the kid area was not open (as of 2PM when we left) along with the slower lazy river, and several of those rides on that side of the park were sporadic. I did the wave pool, fast river, and the OhNo slides. The only areas my 2yo could go to were the leisure pool next to the OhNo slide and the wave pool, since the main kid area wasn't up and running. (They were frantically trying to fix it, I think it was issues with getting the Ph level right there)

TapuTapu worked for the ohno ride pretty well, except it was having issues so wait times kept going up and up, I did get on it though, it was the only band required ride I did today. (I'll go back another day, after memorial weekend after more of the kinks are worked out) A few notes, right now you can use taputapu to pay if you link your credit card online, but it doesn't work for paying for lockers strangely (opening/closing them yes). And you need your AP card to get a discount even if you are using the band. (Which was kind of annoying)

The park is stunning, the volcano is amazing looking, and we can't wait to go back after a few more kinks are worked out. We went to guest services (which had a HUGE line when we were leaving around 2) and they gave us about $100 in gift cards for a future trip (we were AP holders) because of the downtime for the kid areas.

The AP event gave us continental breakfast and beverages before the opening event, and a good spot to watch it right along the wave pool. No issues getting in or in the buses, although it's very odd seeing ticket booths right in the garage (first floor of the south garage).

Thank you so much for the feedback. Luckily, I don't think I need to go to Guest Services anymore. The VB AP add-on can be done at any ticket window now. Sorry your day wasn't great, but I bet you will be back before the summer is over:)

Thank you so much for the feedback. Luckily, I don't think I need to go to Guest Services anymore. The VB AP add-on can be done at any ticket window now. Sorry your day wasn't great, but I bet you will be back before the summer is over:)

Oh we still had fun, it wasn't horrible by any means, we made do, but they did suggest to us to go to guest services when we kept checking back at the kid area. They employees were doing their best today, despite the issues.

18738458_253004605176453_333784595815544423_o.jpg

Another map with food/merch/and amenities also.

Hi:love1: thank you for the maps it is really helpful... I wanted to ask anybody who might know or can find out if they go about cabana locations. On this map right by the "Strait of Huanui"there is a cabana icon. I was wondering if these were part of the Rainforest Village or The Wave Village?... Then to the right of the volcano there are two cabana icons I can't tell if they are part of the "River Village" or "Wave Village"? I appreciate any feedback. I have a special needs teen who is anxious about finding out where we could potentially be with having a "Wave Pool" Cabana. :thanks:

I watched it one the Today Show with Al Roker and it makes me want to go now. I can't wait to see it in person..

Has anyone reported on the towel situation? Like, is there a charge, do you have to bring your own, can you bring from onsite hotels, etc?

Thanks! :) We'll be there a week from tomorrow. Can't wait!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter