Living during CP

MarcsMinnie

Earning My Ears
This is a question for anyone who has done the CP... During the presentation, which I saw yesterday, clips of the apartments were shown to us. As a teenage female, I was wondering how living with seven other roomates is? I am a HUGE neat freak but usually only with my things. I'm a little nervous to live with so many girls (drama,etc) Has anyone done this? Also, are the apartments REALLY that nice? They looked amazing! :mickeybar

I lived in a single bedroom ( two people ).

It wasn't bad.. we had our moments though over who's mess it was in the place.

The apartments at Chatham are a little nicer, and the video was done a couple years ago, but the apartments are pretty nice.

I believe the only choice you really get to make is on how many bedrooms you would like to live in (that is how I remember it any ways when I went in 2002). But it dosen't hurt to ask if there is space for it =)

On my application, I checked that I preferred a 1 BR and when I arrived in Orlando, I was put in a 3 BR. I was so so scared! I had always lived at home, and now I was living with 5 other girls. Guess what? It was fine. The girl in my room was pretty clean and easy to get along with. Some of the other girls were total slobs, but they kept it in their own BR. If they left their stuff in the main living area, I put it in their room. Everything was fine and I survuved. I enjoyed my living situation and am glad that I was put in a 3 BR. My friend was in a BR with 1 roomie and absolutley hated it. She didn't get along with the girl and they were stuck! Don't worry about it...you will be fine!

Yeah, When they assign you the rooms, you can always ask "hey is there space availible at X complex?" if you want either vista or chatham. They just can't promise anything. Never hurts to ask though...

I love living with my roommates. they are awesome. i live in a 2 BR. we all get along just fine. i know someone that lives in a 4 BR and he likes some of his roomies and doesnt like others. but since they all come and go at different time you dont always get to see them. Like the girl that i room with i get home and most of the time asleep before she even walks in the door. and then i get up before she does and go to work. so just because you live with 7 people doesnt mean you are going to see them all. and most of the 4 BR are taken up in the first few check in day. I checked in Jan 17 and there were none left.

MarcsMinnie said:
Also, are the apartments REALLY that nice? They looked amazing! :mickeybar
nope, not unless you live at Chatam. Te be honest, I lived in an apt with 5 other girls, had never shared a room with someone before and it wasn't bad. After a couple of weeks we were all working so much that very rarely were all 6 of us home at the same time anyway. Just be sure to set some ground rules fro the beginning and respect your roomates and you shouldn't have a problem.

I made 3 wonderful friends of my roomates and got along fine with the other 2.

I had only lived in a dorm with one other person before but decided to go big and got into a 4bdrm. We ended up just being six (in the eight person apartment) and the space was huge. We rarely were home all together at once and weren't the neatest girls, but made it work. Of course we had our drama moments, but had way more amazing times together!

Have fun!! :sunny:

My DD did it and loved it..
she had 2 bedroom 2 bath with 3 other girls in Chatam..most of the times all the girls are not together since your time varies of when you work..she did vaction planner at MK and worked morning a lot...
very spacious and clean!!!
Good luck to you!! :earsgirl:

Kath820, as a mother of a hopefully future CP do you mind filling me in on a few things that us as mothers would be interested it. I know it will be a great opportunity for my DS but I am a little apprehensive. Their transportion, food, education, whatever you think I should know. He is a college freshman now and is going to the presentation next week.
Thank you in advance.
:confused:

Hello Disney For Life..

My Daughter :earsgirl: went to a culinary school in Chicago and decide to extern there..
She went in August and stayed till January..
We drove her car down there..just a suggestion from the seminar not needed but nice to have..they do have bus service that will take them to there jobs..
Food..there is a Pulix near both Vista and Chatam (apartments) and I would say she ate in and in the cafeteria at work equal..and of course they get great deals in the parks for food..up to 40% off.. :cool1:
We visited her twice while she was there and there discounts are amazing!!
She did not do any schooling because they didn't offer any classes she needed for her degree..she just needed an externship to graduate..
She loved it..met some great people..and had great work experience..
She's even concidering doing it again...she now is in the Hospitality field..resort management so we'll see.. :confused3
If there's anything please just let me know ::MinnieMo

Thank you for that quick response, you have answered my questions. I am the disney nut in this family so I love the idea of the discounts. He is hoping for the same schedule, August to January. I told him about the heat in August (I have been there every month of the year).
I did just think of another question, do we pay for room and board or just board and then they have cash for their food. I have been all over the website but it doesn't mention anything about the price.
Thank you so much
What better place to go for resort management than Disney, Best of luck to your daughter.

DisneyForLife said:
I did just think of another question, do we pay for room and board or just board and then they have cash for their food. I have been all over the website but it doesn't mention anything about the price.
Thank you so much
What better place to go for resort management than Disney, Best of luck to your daughter.
rent comes directly out of your paycheck everyweek, that includes all utilities as well....food however is all up to the CM, your apt has a kitchen, but no one is going to stock it for you or cook for you.

and personally, if I were doing it again, I would most definately do the spring program again as opposed to the fall. the weather's beter when you start, the parks are slower in the beginning allowing you to get acclimated easier and you're not missing christmas or TG with your family.

Thank you Kari, I was thinking the same thing about the spring session. Although maybe my family could spend Christmas at Disney. I for one would LOVE it!!!!!!!! :love:

I lived in a three bedroom with some great girls. I shared with a quiet and reserved girl who had her boundaries, but we got a long fine. I worked during the day and she left for work at 7 and got back at 3AM becase she mainly did retail and retail inventory. We rarely saw eachother so it often felt like I had a one bedroom. We did have two foreign girls staying with us who were used to having maids clean for them in their homes, so cleaning was a big issue with them...one girls way of washing dishes was to run them under water and then set them in the cupboard dripiing wet. They never once cleaned the house, but that was ok because the rest of us took turns and they got the hint and were rarely ever in the apartment.

wow! hearing everyone's experiences really put me at ease. I'm planning on doing the CP in Spring of 2006 and I've never lived in a dorm before, so it's going to be an awesome experience!

I do have a question though, is there a computer in the rooms? Or would it be better if I had a laptop or something? I am hopefully going to be taking at least 1 class while I'm there (cuz I'm a nursing major, so...) so I would probably need one and I wouldn't want to cause contention between the other girls in the room. Any advice would be great!

natty41 said:
wow! hearing everyone's experiences really put me at ease. I'm planning on doing the CP in Spring of 2006 and I've never lived in a dorm before, so it's going to be an awesome experience!

I do have a question though, is there a computer in the rooms? Or would it be better if I had a laptop or something? I am hopefully going to be taking at least 1 class while I'm there (cuz I'm a nursing major, so...) so I would probably need one and I wouldn't want to cause contention between the other girls in the room. Any advice would be great!

Bring your own computer & Ethernet cable ( They have DSL in the living rooms ).

I'm sure if you don't have a computer, a roommate would let you check e-mail and such if you asked - but if you have your own computer, you may want to bring it. Your roommates might not bring theirs!

natty41 said:

Hey, I plan on doing the Spring '06 program as well! Never lived in a dorm, either, so I'm equally nervous about that as you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter