Locking pin backs

PinkBudgie

DIS Veteran
Has anyone used locking pin backs to hold the Disney pins to the lanyard? I got some because I wear my pins to preschool everyday and want to make sure the pins stay on during all my activities. But I'm not sure. Do they really work? Do they ever get loose? Just wanted to know what people do.

We've never tried them but our nephews had them and they seemed to work good, as long as they didn't lose the little tool to unlock them. Actually, you know what I did was I bought pin back at Michaels which are the metal kind with the little squeeze thing on them (like what non disney pins come with). They came with pins that you could glue onto things to make your own pins but I just threw those away and used the backs.

i have one on every pin on my lanyard. its not as expensive as loosing a LE pin that was $14.00 on a ride! they do work . they work really really good and you can't get them off with out the tool. they include the little took with the package and you get a new one everytime you buy a new pack.

We use a different type of locking pin back than the Disney ones. My DH didn't like the price of the Disney ones or having to deal with the little tool, but he also didn't feel great about wearing some of the more expensive pins with just the rubber Mickey ears back. We hunted on eBay until we found some that we liked the looks of. The ones we settled on are metal but don't just slide on and off. The back needs to be pinched to pull them off. These backs aren't perfect; they can get wrenched off if really caught and pulled, but for the most part they hold on pretty well and are more secure than the rubber ones.

I am in here now and I bought some earlier in the week. I have only had them on for a few days but they seem very tight. They were expensive but I think I got 8 for $8.00 so one pin saved would cost me that. I usually move my pins to my book but I have a couple favourites on my lanyard.

I have pins on 2 lanyards that are held on with the locking backs, I've never once had any issues and some of my pins have been on lanyards for 3+ years. :) I love those backs!!!!! I know the ones your sister is referring to, DD10 likes that kind but I don't, I have fingernails and they are really hard to get off with nails so I use the Disney style. They do come with the tool you need to remove them but they are easy on, easy off.

Ok, I'll use them then. I just wasn't sure if they would get loose or slip. I have a pack sitting here but wasn't sure.

I actually like those Mickey backs better than those pinching ones. I have other pins on my work lanyard with those and some have fallen off. I lost my parrot pin that I liked. And parrot pins are not easy to find. :confused3

Thanks for the info!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter