Loews $35.00 upgrade to suite

Bchamp

Mouseketeer
Has anyone used this and if so, what kind of suite are you given? Or is it jus an upgrade to the next level?
If it is bigger with a couch, then it might be better than getting a rollaway for $ 25. thanks for any help.

I would love to know too. Rcvd e-mail from loews. We are a party of five staying in dlx pool view w/ $25.00 for rollaway. Wondering if anyone knows if upgrades ever happens. It says subject to availabilty, black out dates apply, etc. etc. I called reservations and they didn't seem to know what I was talking about. She suggested it did not apply to HRH, however Loew's websites, specifically lists HRH. Wondering if anyone has ever succesfully been upgraded?

ps. We are Loews Blue members.

Anybody??? Thanks.

This is from the Portofino web site:

Suites
There are 3 different types of suites consisting of a parlor connected to a standard bedroom with either 2 queen beds or a king bed. Bask in glorious comfort and spacious accommodations. Spoil yourself. You deserve it.

Portofino Suites - Cozy and comfortable. All suites have 2 full bathrooms, 2 large screen TV's and pullout double sofa.
Villa Suites - A larger living area than the Portofino Parlor, including a casual seating area, dining area and kitchenette.
Hospitality Suites - Ideal for casual social or business gatherings, the Hospitality Parlor includes a large dining table, kitchenette and expansive living space.

Originally posted by DisneyCrazy
This is from the Portofino web site:. All suites have 2 full bathrooms, 2 large screen TV's and pullout double sofa.

Except kidsuites: they only have 1 bathroom. The kids room doesn't have it's own door. They're great though!

Sorry, Disney, I should have mentioned that we are staying at HRH, but I did call Loews and a very nice man told me it could be a kids suite or a king suite, whatever that is. Still it is probably based on availability.

The $35 upgrade applies to Loews Gold members, but it never hurts to ask at check-in.

I have been upgraded to a suite at the Portofino when I asked with my Loews Gold card. When I checked out I noticed that they hadn't even charged me for the extra $35/night. (I still can't belive that I was able to only pay $129 for a suite!)

Of course, the most important factor in determining whether or not you'll be upgraded is the hotel's occupancy during your stay. Even if the night you check in is realtively quiet, they won't want to put you in a room they'll need later during your stay.

Well, my hubby and I are both "Loews Blue" members, not Gold, and I told that to the guy at loews when I called this morning, and he did not tell me that we could not get the $35. upgrade to a suite unless we were a gold member. So maybe it is not selling like they thought so they are allowing all members to participate.

We too are "blue" members, and we received e-mail from Loews, I went to their web page and there was nothing regarding gold or blue or anything, just subject to availability. So we're still hoping.

I just got a postcard in today's mail from Lowes...

"imagine guest rooms that are luxurious at rates that aren't
and suite upgrades for just $35 more per night at check in
Can you imagine? WE DID.

Orlando $179
Hard Rock Hotel at Universal Orlando

prices quoted are starting rates only and subject to availability and change. Certain blackout dates, day of arrival and length of stay restrictions may apply. Rates valid 4/1/02 through 6/30/02. Suite offer is subject to suite availability upon time of check in and valid through 6/30/02

I just got the postcard today too. You do not have to reserve any special type of room (i.e., deluxe pool view) to get an upgrade. I was upgraded from a garden view in November to a suite.

I'm really hoping to be upgraded when I go in May. Now I'm Loews PLATINUM, thanks to my trips to the Portofino (and these boards for telling me about it and Loews First)!

I got my postcard today too!!:) It does say on the postcard negotiated and group rates do not apply. But I think I'll ask anyway.

Yes, you ask when you check in. I know that Annual Passholder rates apply, but I've read on these boards that Loews does NOT recognize Entertainment rates as qualifying for Loews First benefits.

Anyone else know about this?

I know that Annual Passholder rates apply, but I've read on these boards that Loews does NOT
recognize Entertainment rates as qualifying for Loews First benefits.
Anyone else know about this?

I'd like to know also. We have stayed at HRH last year with a special All Access discount, and also this year with AAA discount, but are still Loews "Blue" members as far as I know. Haven't received anything in the mail from Loews indicating a change to "Gold" status. What else constitutes a "qualifying stay"? Hopefully something other than at rack rate! Anyone know?

I just received a postcard in the mail today. Suite upgrades for $35. PROHM1. expires 6/30/02. RP $149, HRH $179, PB $209. It says "Prices quoted are starting rates and subject to availability. 1-800-23-loews. Suite offer is subject to suite availability at checkin. Hope this helps.

I went both in Aug. 2001 and then in Dec. 2001, in Aug. I went with a rate from Entertainment and they did not honor my membership as a Loews Blue member, meaning no upgrade, no welcoming basket. In Dec. I got a good rate from Loews and got the welcoming basket and asked about the upgrade but the hotel was Full. But I have to say that even the standard are lovely! It was just 2 of us so it didn't really matter to us. Hope this helps.

I have a pool view room reserved for $199 in June and was hoping for an upgrade to a club level room with Loew's First! We got this upgrade from a standard (garden) room last summer.
Does anyone know if you can ask at check-in for the suite upgrade just by showing the postcard, or do you need to make the reservation using that code???:confused:

I don't know the answer to your question, grumpy but I do know the postcard (I also received one) has an 800 #, try them and see what they say. Good Luck, you'll have a great time either way!:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter