Lol....my dad has a question for those who have been to Le Cellier before :)

kyle3423

Mouseketeer
I'm handling all of the planning, reservations, etc. for our Disney trip in late Feb. The people in my party asked me to make sure and book a "nice" steakhouse, so I went with Le Cellier. I showed them the dinner menu so they could review it. After some silence, my dad pipes up and says, can I get french fries and 57 sauce for my steak? when we have steaks, we like to have a baked potato or French fries and douse the meat with a little steak sauce. We're not used to eating at any place this elegant. So there's the question, would he be able to get a steak and French fries and ask for 57 sauce or will he get laughed out of Florida?

Thanks!

I would be shocked if any steakhouse at Disney had 57 Sauce. Dousing their steaks would probably insult them
Good Luck

They have poutine -which are fries with cheese curds and a wine reduction. I am sure you could order them undressed. They have steak sauce as well, I am not sure if it is Heinz or not. Don't stress, it is not a stuffy, upscale atmosphere like a big city steakhouse would be. No one would laugh no matter what he tries to order. You will love it!

I sympathize with you. My husband must douse all steaks with 57. However, when we ate at LeCellar, he found out that the steaks were perfectly seasoned. He never did ask for any 57, so don't know if they have it. As far as fries, again, sorry but we ate the potatoes that came with it. All of it was delicious. Hope this helped some:)

The steaks/meats served at signature restaurants are seasoned to compliment an entire entree presentation. They are often topped with a cream sauce, flavored butter, jus, etc. and sat upon pasta, risotto, potatoes or some other vegetable medley that is intended to benefit from those juices/sauces as well. The chef will have prepared it in such a way that adding another sauce would ruin the dish; and it will not likely be an option even if asked for. You'll likely benefit far more by pairing the steak with a recommended wine.

Most steakhouses-even the highest end, most respected ones, serve either their own or a commercial brand of steak sauce.

Last edited:
I'm handling all of the planning, reservations, etc. for our Disney trip in late Feb. The people in my party asked me to make sure and book a "nice" steakhouse, so I went with Le Cellier. I showed them the dinner menu so they could review it. After some silence, my dad pipes up and says, can I get french fries and 57 sauce for my steak? when we have steaks, we like to have a baked potato or French fries and douse the meat with a little steak sauce. We're not used to eating at any place this elegant. So there's the question, would he be able to get a steak and French fries and ask for 57 sauce or will he get laughed out of Florida?

Thanks!

LOTS of our family "dresses" their steaks including the relatives who raise steak cattle (but not me) .............. so no judgement. I have eaten at Le Cellier and since it went to Signature and two credits, it is totally not worth it to me. If you like your steak 57 style, I would not waste that much money nor credits and go elsewhere for my steak.

I have enjoyed my steak at Captain's Grille, Boatrights, Maya Grill and more.

Am sure others can chime in for a good steak location that you won't pay a fortune to accessorize it.

There are not any French Fries or Heinz 57. Le Cellier is quite the cut above Sizzler and Golden Coral. I know a lot of people do that. My dad asked for it (steak sauce) at Narcoossee's, Yachtsman and Le Cellier and was looked at like he is an alien each time. I cannot imagine paying $40 for a steak and ruining it with steak sauce personally.

I would be shocked if any steakhouse at Disney had 57 Sauce. Dousing their steaks would probably insult them
Good Luck

The steaks/meats served at signature restaurants are seasoned to compliment an entire entree presentation. They are often topped with a cream sauce, flavored butter, jus, etc. and sat upon pasta, risotto, potatoes or some other vegetable medley that is intended to benefit from those juices/sauces as well. The chef will have prepared it in such a way that adding another sauce would ruin the dish; and it will not likely be an option even if asked for. You'll likely benefit far more by pairing the steak with a recommended wine.

Sorry, but I took a coworker to several top drawer steak houses in California and Chicago and guess what A-1 or something like that was ALWAYS available.

SO if they have it, LeCellier which is a poor imitation of a good steak house should have it, if they don't it's not because they were "snobbish' but 'cheap' and it's not on the Disney "purchase list" LOL (yes it's above Golden Corral, but below Outback Steakhouse IMHO And I don't consider "liberal use of salt" as seasoning to get all excited about)

Last edited:
There are not any French Fries or Heinz 57. Le Cellier is quite the cut above Sizzler and Golden Coral. I know a lot of people do that. My dad asked for it (steak sauce) at Narcoossee's, Yachtsman and Le Cellier and was looked at like he is an alien each time. I cannot imagine paying $40 for a steak and ruining it with steak sauce personally.

PROOF that Disney doesn't get it. Good service NEVER looks at a customer this way. My coworker asked for it at Gibson's in Chicago and the response was "Yes M'amm' Same at Flemings and other good places.

While you and I can't imagine doing this, that does not make it wrong for others. It's their money and they should be allowed to eat food that makes then happy (plus it's going to cost you more the $40 at Le Cellier LOL! )

Pretty sure french fries are part of the deal when Le Cellier makes their famous poutine.
I hope OP and their family have a wonderful dinner. I would never judge their sauce choice.

(And Steak frites is not unhead of....Popular dish in French bistros.)

Last edited:
I have eaten at Flemings, The Capital Grille, Peter Lugers, David Burke Prime, Michael Jordan's and NYY Steak (the steakhouse of the Yankees-LOL-very good and $$$$) and they all will serve steak sauce if asked. They are all way above any of the Disney steakhouses in terms of quality/class, make Disney prices seem reasonable-LOL- and my dh has never been sneered at when asking for steak sauce. Like I said before, not necessarily a commercial brand-some have their own house brand.

My son has been able to get fries (the only potato he will eat) at each and every signature and non-signature restaurant...we have been to most at least once...

We don't use steak sauce but I would imagine that with Disney's need to please everyone this is a small concession to make people happy...

I ate at Le Cellier in April and loved it! Don't know about the Heinz 57, but you can get poutine, and as someone previously mentioned I'm sure you can just get it plain. You CANNOT get it as your appetizer or "side" for the meal though (as in you can't sub it for a vegetable). We were on DDP so I got the filet with risotto and asked if we could order the poutine as an appetizer and they said no, it was a separate dish.

Given that I witnessed the staff at Boma go to another restaurant to get a guy a bagel the other day, I'm pretty sure they'd make an effort to get steak sauce to your dad.

I don't judge people's need for steak sauce but yes, I totally judged bagel guy----with all the choices on a Boma buffet, you couldn't have found another piece of bread?

Thanks for all the replies. I know some view adding sauce to a steak as sacrilege, but that's what he's used to. If I had my way, we'd go to Via Napoli the day we go to Epcot, but that's an argument for another post and another time.

I have eaten at Flemings, The Capital Grille, Peter Lugers, David Burke Prime, Michael Jordan's and NYY Steak (the steakhouse of the Yankees-LOL-very good and $$$$) and they all will serve steak sauce if asked. They are all way above any of the Disney steakhouses in terms of quality/class, make Disney prices seem reasonable-LOL- and my dh has never been sneered at when asking for steak sauce. Like I said before, not necessarily a commercial brand-some have their own house brand.

Actually I had the actually I had the exact opposite reaction to pricing I walked out of Le Cellier having spent as much as we spent at Gibson's in Chicago feeling ripped off. For the same $$$ the food was not even comparable

Thanks for all the replies. I know some view adding sauce to a steak as sacrilege, but that's what he's used to. If I had my way, we'd go to Via Napoli the day we go to Epcot, but that's an argument for another post and another time.

French fries are available on the kids' menu for both lunch and dinner. So it shouldn't be a problem to substitute for that. For the Heinz 57 (and I do beg to differ on those who use "A-1" - two different sauces), that's simple. Just take a sample "bottle" - meaning plastic - of Heinz 57 on the trip with you. No need for refrigeration and you just put it in your bag for the day of your dinner. Not an issue taking that out for dinner.

Heck - my husband just came home from work a few minutes ago and he had been taken out for lunch by a client. I asked how it went and he said, "it could have been better but I didn't ask for ketchup for my prime rib sandwich". I about gagged but then realized my husband could have mashed potatoes and ask for ketchup.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter