lola's adventure:from couch to 1/2 marathon!!!

Hi I'm back!

I got side tracked from fitness and diet over the last several weeks. I've still been running but not on any kind of training program and my diet has been the pits. I think I've gained back somewhere btw. 7-10 lbs but I haven't been doing hte WW weigh in so I'm not completely sure. I have a 10 mile race and my first Disney cruise coming up at the begining of next month so it is time to get back with teh program! This journal really helped me before so I'm going to start using it again. I'm back on WW as of today and will start back on a four day per week training program preping for the 10 miler. My last long run was 7 miles 2.5 weeks ago so I'm not too worried about the distance. I just need to be more consistant with the training and getting the regular mid week runs in.

I hope to catch up on everyone else's journals over the course of the week.

Back on track x 1 day... it's a start.

Ran 3.5 miles last night. I've lost some ground with being so lax in my training over the last 2 months. I did 4 min run: 2 min walk intervals with run at 5 mph and walk at 3.5 mph.

Food yesterday:
B: sandwich thin with reduced fat PB
S: FF/SF Capuccino
L: LC Chicken Carbonara
D: Veal Tortillini (not the best by DH cooked and I only had half a cup full)
S: Skinney Cow ice cream sandwich

After 2 months away I went to a WW meeting with my tail between my legs. I'm up 7.8 lbs from my last weigh in on 2/9. Ugly but not as bad as it could have been with all the terrible eatting I've done lately. :sad2:

Starting Weight: 244
Current Weight: 195
Weekly change: + 7.8 lbs
Net change: -49 lbs

I'm hoping to loose those 7.8 lbs by the end of the month. Here is to day #2 back on track!! :)

Rest day from running yesterday.

Food.
B: sandwich thin with RF Peanut butter
S: Capuccino
S: Orange and almonds
D: chicken breast and string beans
S: SC ice cream sandwich

I'm having a stressful week. I found a lump in my breast a couple of weeks ago. I though it was nothing but had my OB/GYN check it out yesterday and she felt it too. They scheduled me for an ultrasound and initally they couldn't get me in for a week. Even though I know it is likely nothing, my mind is racing about it so I called and they can squeeze me in tomorrow AM. I'm praying it is a lot of worry about nothing but I really want to know one way or the other. I haven't told anyone except my husband but I figure it is ok to talk about it here in the world of cyber anonimity. On top of the **** issue I have a few unpleasant and important meetings at work this week and I'm having a heck of a time keeping my head in the game. Well, I'm grateful for a place to vent a little. Thanks for listening for anyone who happens to read this.

Welcome back, Lola!:hug: Great job getting back on track! I know you CAN do it! ::yes::

I'm so sorry to hear about the lump in your breast. :( Sending lots of good thoughts, pixie dust, and prayers your way. :hug: When will you have the results of the u/s?

I'm sending some :wizard: for your meetings this week as well. I pray that all goes well!

Thanks for the pixie dust and prayers Tracy. I had the mammo/ultrasound first thing this AM and they told me everything looks OK. I'm not sure what my Dr. and I were feeling but I guess it was just normal breast tissue. What a relief. I had myself all worked up over nothing.

I ran 3 miles yesterday doing 5 min run (5mph)/2min walk (3.5 mph).

Food:
B: Sandwich thin with reduced fat peanut butter and a Capuccino
S: Oranges and almonds
D: Grilled ham steak and asparagus.
S: SC Ice cream sandwich

Fantastic news, Lola! I am glad to hear everything is ok. There's nothing like stress to bring out the bad habits too!

You're doing great so keep it up!

That is wonderful news, Lola!!! :cool1: I am so happy to hear that everything is okay!:hug: I bet that is a HUGE load off your mind!:goodvibes

Great job on your workouts and food! Keep up the good work!:cheer2:

Ran 2.5 miles last night. 10min run (5mph)/2 min walk (3.5mph) intervals. I've got to do a 8 mile LR this weekend as part of my training for the upcoming 10 mile race. The weather should be nice so if possible I will try to get outside to do it.

Food yesterday:
B: sandwich thin with RF peanut butter
L: LC chicken club pannini
S: orange and almonds
D: grilled chicken sandwich on bun with small side salad and honey mustard

The numbers on the scale at home have been coming down nicely. The only good thing about gaining a buch of weight pretty quickly is that a lot of it is water and seeing the numbers come down at first is motivating. I am likely about half way back down from the 7.8 lbs I gained. I won't post any "official" numbers until my next WW weigh in but I feel good about being back on track.

Had a great weekend spending lots of time with the family.

I did my 8 mile long run on Saturday night. Couldn't really get away to do it during the day so I was stuck doing it inside on the treadmill while DD slept. I did 3 min run (5mph) and 1 min walk (3.5 mph) intervals. Overall I felt pretty good even though I didn't finish until almost 11 pm. I've been watching my collection of Sex and the City DVD's while running which makes the time pass quickly.

Sunday I went to the local running store to get fitted for new shoes. I think my current ones are getting to the end of their life. I used them for the half marathon and now to train for this 10 miler. I don't track my milage religiously but I think I'm somewhere around 400 miles on them over the last 9 months. I'll use them to finish up the 10 miler and then break in the new ones before starting to train for the full marathon in June.

Food was mostly good over the weekend. I had a couple of splurges but nothing out of control

Friday:
B: Sandwich thin w/ RF peanut butter
S: orange
S: Almonds
D: salmon, spinich, rice

Saturday:
B: whole grain bagel with creme cheese
L: Apple chicken salad at Panera Bread
D: Salmon and veggies, Split an ice cream dessert with DH and DD

Sunday:
B: 2 eggs, 2 sclices wheat toast with strawberry jelly
L: raisen bran with skilm milk
D: Split quacomole and chicken dish with DH at Cheese cake factory then shared a slice of cheese cake with DD and DH.

Plan to do 3 miles tonight. might try to pick up the pace during the running intervals a little.

Did 3 miles last night. Ran the first 2 at a 5.2mph pace then did a 5:2 run:walk interval at 5mph/3.5mph to finish out the last mile. Felt tired at the end.

Food yesterday:
B: Sandwich thin with RF PB
S: oranges and almonds
D: veal tortillini (just had 1/2 a bowel)

I'm going into work a bit late today since I'm going to drop DD off at school this AM. Will plan to stop at WW to weigh in this AM so I'll update with the new stats later on today.

Hi Lola,
Boy it is hard to get back in the game isn't it? So glad to hear your US went well- that is so stressful, your mind starts to wander and it is torture.

Did you say you are going on your first Disney cruise in 3 weeks? If you have any questions please ask- this will be our third. That is so exciting.

Glad to hear from you again
Linda

Linda: We are so excited for our cruise. With everything going on lately we haven't really done much planning other than making a Pablo's reservation. Is there anything that I absolutely shouldn't miss? I plan on just soaking in the experience this time around.

Last week was nuts. I unexpected made the 7 hour trip home for a family emergency. I drove back yesterday b/c I have to work today and it was difficult to leave. I really can't wait to move back.

Food wise I've been doing pretty good but didn't get any running in while I was away. I have to try to get in a 9 or 10 mile long run this weekend. It will be tough since I work 6am to 8pm but I'll try to make it happen. The 10 mile Broad Street Run is coming up in just 2 weeks!!

Food:
Friday:
B: Veggies with peanut butter
S: Capuccio
L: 6 inch subway turkey sub on wheat with honey mustard (no cheese)
D: SC ice cream sandwich

Thursday:
B: Capuccino
L: Grilled shrimp salad with black beans
D: 2 apple martinis, Hummus on pita points and a Hot dog (bleck)

Wednesday:
B: Capuccino
L: Grilled shrimp salad with black beans
D: 1 slice pizza, 2 glasses of wine

Tuesday:
B: Sandwich thin with RF peanut butter
L: 2 oranges
D: crab cake and salad, sweet potatoe fries

My weigh in last week I was down 4.2 lbs to 190.8.

Starting weight: 244
Current weight 190.8
Net change: 53.2
Week change: -4.2 lbs :cool1:

I should try to weigh in on Tuesday this week but I doubt I'll see much change given the up and down eatting while I was away. My scale at home is unchanged which is better than up anyway.

Lola I hope everything with your family worked out ok.

We have never been to Palo's-just not our thing.So I can't comment on that.If you haven't seen the shows do not miss them they are great.If you have a comedy show with Seymour and ? (forgot other name) do not miss it- they are hilarious!

Deck 4 always a relaxing and less crowded place on the reclining chairs.The runners will go by but that is ok.

If anymore ? ask away.

Linda

Thank you for the advice Linda. We are really hoping DD will like the kids club so we can sneak in a couple hours of quite time per day. We are going with another family who also had a 3 yo so I'm hopeful that she will feel comfortable there with her friend. I will keep deck 4 in mind if we get to sneak away to relax with a book.

No run last night. I was just too beat. I'm working double time to do all the administrative stuff I didn't do while I was away last week. I'm under the gun for a deadline before my cruise so I'm sweating a little bit.

Food yesterday:
B: sandwich then with RF peanut butter
L: LC chicken club panini
S: orange
D: chicken fajittas (not on plan at all... oh well)

Ok... back to work!

I should of run last night but didn't. I'm just too wiped out and I can't seem to catch up on my sleep. This is the 3rd day in a row of 15 hour days at work. Tomorrow is only 12 so maybe I can get my long run in tomorrow night. My goal is to do 3 miles tonight no matter how tired I feel.

Food yesterday:
B: sandwich thin with RF peanut butter
L: LC BBQ Chicken pizza
S: Orange x2
D: grilled salmon and lentils, 1 dinner roll with olive oil and salt.

I would like to weigh in today or tomorrow at WW but not sure the work schedule will allow it.

15 hour days OMG- that is alot. Hope you get overtime. Get your rest.

Looks like the cruise will be at the right time for much needed R&R

Linda

Yeah Linda, it's a bit much. Only about another year at this job then I'll be moving on. It's not so bad. I like the people... but no such thing as overtime here. Anyway, the cruise will be a great break. I can't wait.

I ran 3 miles last night doing 5min run (5 mph) and 1 min walk (3.5 mph) intervals. I still need to get in that last long run before the Broad street in 2 weeks so maybe tonight. We'll see. After Broad street I won't be on a formal training program until I start training for the Disney Full in June. I'm looking forward to just enjoying frequent short runs through the week and not have the pressure of fitting in the longer runs for a little bit.

Food yesterday:
B: sandwich thin with RF PB
D: Chopped veggie salad with vinigrette and a grilled chicken breast

I will try to get to WW to weigh in tonight after work. I think the weight is pretty much stable but I like to weigh in anyway if I can. It helps to keep me motivated.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter