Longest stay?

jkovick

<font color=FF9900>DIS Veteran<br><font color=blue
what is the longest single stay you have had with DVC? Did you book it day by day or all at once?

Seven nights here--although that was part of an eleven night stay total. We typically book all nights at the same time. However, I've been known to call day by day for holidays. BCV is our home, and it stays full!

We usually stay 10 nights, but stayed 11 once with the first night being in a studio at SSR and the rest in a 2 bedroom at OKW. We only book day by day if we want a GV or if we are reserving at a popular DVC time of year. I never call day by day for a 2 bedroom at OKW at the 11 month window, but I did book our 1 bedroom for NYE seperately, and then booked the 2 bedroom for the next 10 days at the 11 month window from the last checkout day. I have only booked day by day for GVs in the past and for our stay that encompassed the Millenium celebration for NYE 1999/2000. Other than that, I always book the whole ressie at the 11 month window for the last checkout day.

We always try to stay 12 nights. And, with one exception, have always booked all at once.

The only time that we booked day by day was when we stayed at BCV when the resort first opened. We were there for opening day, but only because the waitlist worked in our favor.

On one occasion, we added 3 nights at the Contemporary Towers after a 12 night stay at Old Key West. Now THAT was a vacation.

My longest stay, thus far ;), was 34 nights. 4 nights at BCV, 30 at BWV. I booked the BCV all at once. The BWV stay was in a standard view, so I booked day by day. (I was happy to have weekends "off" from calling!) :maleficen

We are staying 17 nights in September, but up till now the longest has been 15 nights. We booked all together.

Our longest has been 14 nights. I booked each week separately. This year we are staying one night at All Star Sports and 13 at BWV (BW view studio, booked all at once 11 mos out)

Hmmmm, I could answer this a couple of ways. We do extended trips, but don't stay in one single resort for the entire time, but rather change resorts.

We've had a number of trips with stays of 3 weeks or longer, but technically our longest stay in a single resort before moving to another resort is only 6-days.

Our longest stay ever (so far) was a combination camping/DVC trip. Counting all resorts combined, which includes the WDW Campground and two other (off-site) campgrounds, was 11-Weeks. Six of those weeks were on site (Ft. Wilderness, OKW, BWV, VWL, BCV, OKW again) and Five weeks offsite (31 days at Campground #1, and 4 days at Campground #2)

Specifically, we spent a week solid at Ft. Wilderness, then did the DVC resorts one after the other, but only did 5-nights (Sun-Thu), and spent the weekends in between back at Ft. Wilderness. When finished with the on-site stays, we moved off site (Hwy 192 West) at an extended stay campground where we had a coupon for $99 for the month (Plus electricity). After that we finished up at another timeshare campground where we got 4-nights free camping for taking the sales tour. (we didn't purchase).

And yes, on that trip, we got very good use out of our Annual Passes... :teeth:

Counting the trip down, stopping at numerous campgrounds on the way (EG Smoky Mountain N.P.), and the trip back with more stops, the entire 'vacation' lasted 14 weeks. It's great to finally be retired.... ( :cool1: ). I highly recommend it.. :moped:

Longest DVC stay has been 8 nights and they have been booked all at once. We have done a number of those, some at one resort and some at two.

Caskbill said:
Hmmmm, I could answer this a couple of ways. We do extended trips, but don't stay in one single resort for the entire time, but rather change resorts.

We've had a number of trips with stays of 3 weeks or longer, but technically our longest stay in a single resort before moving to another resort is only 6-days.

Our longest stay ever (so far) was a combination camping/DVC trip. Counting all resorts combined, which includes the WDW Campground and two other (off-site) campgrounds, was 11-Weeks. Six of those weeks were on site (Ft. Wilderness, OKW, BWV, VWL, BCV, OKW again) and Five weeks offsite (31 days at Campground #1, and 4 days at Campground #2)

Specifically, we spent a week solid at Ft. Wilderness, then did the DVC resorts one after the other, but only did 5-nights (Sun-Thu), and spent the weekends in between back at Ft. Wilderness. When finished with the on-site stays, we moved off site (Hwy 192 West) at an extended stay campground where we had a coupon for $99 for the month (Plus electricity). After that we finished up at another timeshare campground where we got 4-nights free camping for taking the sales tour. (we didn't purchase).

And yes, on that trip, we got very good use out of our Annual Passes... :teeth:

Counting the trip down, stopping at numerous campgrounds on the way (EG Smoky Mountain N.P.), and the trip back with more stops, the entire 'vacation' lasted 14 weeks. It's great to finally be retired.... ( :cool1: ). I highly recommend it.. :moped:
Bill, would that have been the trip when we first met you?

Longest stay has been 13 nights, done a couple of times now during the summer. Booked it all at once at the 11 month window one time, and the 7 month window the other.

dianeschlicht said:
Bill, would that have been the trip when we first met you?
Don't think so, Diane. On that trip, we left in Aug, 2001, and got back home for Thanksgiving. Sad part was we were staying at BWV on 9/11. We had planned that day to go to MGM but they closed all the parks. Everyone we saw that day at Disney was just like ourselves, kind of in a trance. If I recall, I think Disney had bag checks going at the parks the very next day.

When we met you I know my brother was there at WDW the same time as he joined us at the meeting. We did three different trips in 2002. It was probably one of those.

Longest was 15 days at OKW during September, 2001....yes, we were there for 9/11, but we had arrived three days before and we had planned to stay there for that long. After that, longest stays have been about 10 days; 7 days is average.

Our longest was 11 nights and I booked everything at once. But then we tweaked the reservation a little so I had to call back to flip a few days. The next trip will probably be 11-12 nights. I love staying so long, you don't feel rushed. ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter