Longtime Wait list

wdwdano@yahoo.com

Theme Park Commando
I'm currently waitlisted and have been for reservation about two months ago. Were waitlisted for two Bedroom at the beach club villas. Has anyone ever waited several months before they heard back from the waitlist just curious because I don't think we just want to go through and I just want to be realistic about whether I'm going to get it or not. There are several months before we end up going and I was just wondering if the outlook was good? We do have a backup plan and I'm not too worried since my backup is a treehouse Villa. We're going to be visiting with some friends in October and also enjoying the food and wine festival and a beach club room would probably be the best for this. I'm sure this will be two entirely different experiences however if the beach club those this not go through we always have downtown Disney to enjoy just the walk away.

With that said what you all think possible, not possible?

I'm currently waitlisted and have been for reservation about two months ago. Were waitlisted for two Bedroom at the beach club villas. Has anyone ever waited several months before they heard back from the waitlist just curious because I don't think we just want to go through and I just want to be realistic about whether I'm going to get it or not. There are several months before we end up going and I was just wondering if the outlook was good? We do have a backup plan and I'm not too worried since my backup is a treehouse Villa. We're going to be visiting with some friends in October and also enjoying the food and wine festival and a beach club room would probably be the best for this. I'm sure this will be two entirely different experiences however if the beach club those this not go through we always have downtown Disney to enjoy just the walk away.

You did not mention how many nights you were waitlisted for, but you did mention Oct. Most people book at the Epcot resorts for food and wine at 11 months out and many others waitlist so if its for more than a night or two I think your chances are pretty slim.

You did not mention how many nights you were waitlisted for, but you did mention Oct. Most people book at the Epcot resorts for food and wine at 11 months out and many others waitlist so if its for more than a night or two I think your chances are pretty slim.

We are waitlisted for 4 days w-sa.

Never say never but in this case I'd just consider it great luck if it did happen and be planning for the THV.

we've been waitlisted for a few nights in oct (BWV studio) since last november. one night (on a separate WL) came thru about 2 months ago.

there is no way to tell where you are on the WL, but figure many BCV owners had already WLed (for F&WF) before the 7 month window even opened.
anything is possible, however snagging 3 nights in a 2 bdrm at an EPCOT resort during the F&WF, just 4 months prior, is not something i would count on.

a treehouse would be a fantastic back-up tho! :)

We are booked in a value studio at AKV for Nov 7-12 (1/2 Marathon) and at 7 months, I put us on the WL for a standard studio at BWV. I am not holding my breath and I LOVE:love: AKV so I will not be disappointed if I have to stay at "home". I kept the WL at 7 days (instead of 31) because it uses more points than my AKV room. I have nothing to lose if it comes through. Realistically, I assume that it has the best chance of filling at 31 days out. That's when anyone who couldn't commit would have to cancel to prevent the points from going into holding. Until then, most folks really have no reason to cancel.

We have yet to get any of wait list to work out. They all have been beach club requests!:crazy2:

Last year we went on the waitlist at exactly 7 months out (for BCV during the F&W) and it came thru the last day-31 days out. So we were on the waitlist for 6 months. People say that it's common for people to not get around to canceling until close to the 30 day mark, so they avoid the penalty of having points in holding.

we've been waitlisted for a few nights in oct (BWV studio) since last november. one night (on a separate WL) came thru about 2 months ago.

there is no way to tell where you are on the WL, but figure many BCV owners had already WLed (for F&WF) before the 7 month window even opened.
anything is possible, however snagging 3 nights in a 2 bdrm at an EPCOT resort during the F&WF, just 4 months prior, is not something i would count on.

a treehouse would be a fantastic back-up tho! :)

Thank you, I can't complain either way. Just a bit convenient.

Last year we went on the waitlist at exactly 7 months out (for BCV during the F&W) and it came thru the last day-31 days out. So we were on the waitlist for 6 months. People say that it's common for people to not get around to canceling until close to the 30 day mark, so they avoid the penalty of having points in holding.

Good to know. Hears to hoping. . .

Perhaps you will get lucky if someone who was booked at BCV buys into or books the new VGF and decides to stay there instead. Also, in addition to your waitlist request, you should check regularly online yourself for availability. I live only 2 hours from Disney, so we occasionally go for short 1-2 day getaway visits that are booked after the 7 month window. I was able to get a garden view studio at Boardwalk yesterday for December 8 (low season, but very popular for DVC members because it uses fewer points) and a 1 BR villa at Bay Lake Towers for Nov. 6, the night before a short Disney cruise (my Mom is flying in from out of state). These resorts were not available online 2 days ago, though. My understanding is that Disney (or their computers) checks to fulfill the waitlists only a few times a day, so dvc members that regularly check availability themselves might be able to snag resort rooms that have been cancelled before they go to waitlist requests. Good luck, but I'm sure you will have a wonderful time either way!

Perhaps you will get lucky if someone who was booked at BCV buys into or books the new VGF and decides to stay there instead. Also, in addition to your waitlist request, you should check regularly online yourself for availability. I live only 2 hours from Disney, so we occasionally go for short 1-2 day getaway visits that are booked after the 7 month window. I was able to get a garden view studio at Boardwalk yesterday for December 8 (low season, but very popular for DVC members because it uses fewer points) and a 1 BR villa at Bay Lake Towers for Nov. 6, the night before a short Disney cruise (my Mom is flying in from out of state). These resorts were not available online 2 days ago, though. My understanding is that Disney (or their computers) checks to fulfill the waitlists only a few times a day, so dvc members that regularly check availability themselves might be able to snag resort rooms that have been cancelled before they go to waitlist requests. Good luck, but I'm sure you will have a wonderful time either way!

Good point! That is a variable I didn't think of. Here is to hoping. I am exited to stay at treehouses, since never stayed there. It's prob like glamping! Glamourous camping.

I presume you've WL a 2 BR lockoff and a 2 BR dedicated with a pullout in the second which would give you the best chance of success at BCV. You should keep your eyes open looking online and pick up any days that come available. Also keep your eyes on BWV as it's more likely to come available than BCV.

I just received my waitlist after being on it for 6 months, it is for a single night which is easier to get as opposed to multiple nights at a busy resort.

When I've had my wait lists come through its always for one or two nights at a time. I agree with Dean to watch online and try to piece together your nights.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter