Looking for a place like Bonnet Creek....

JerseyMouse

Mouseketeer
We took the advice of this board and booked Bonnet Creek for Spring Break.

We absolutely loved it!! We loved the space we had in the room, the variety of pools, slides, lazy rivers, grills, as well as all of the activities for the kids (mini golf, xbox, pool tables etc...) And, of course, we loved the price.

Now, we are starting to think about next year's trip. Has anyone stayed anywhere that had a similar vibe to Bonnet Creek? (We don't necessarily want to go back to the same place 2 years in a row). We are open to traveling anywhere at this point. Florida, Caribbean, Mexico etc..

I feel the same way, we stayed last year and I got us a room a couple nights this trip and already plan on 2 weeks there next year. What I would love to find are places like that but not in Orlando :)

I really loved the layout, the activities, amenities, etc.

So you're not talking about an Orlando/Disney trip? I am a Wyndham owner, so those are the first resorts that come to mind although I'm sure there are a lot of timeshare resorts that have nice pools, lazy rivers, and kid's activities.

I have not stayed there yet, but Wyndham's Great Smokies Lodge in TN looks like it would be great for kids. It is part of the Wilderness at the Smokies resort. It has indoor and outdoor water parks, mini-golf, arcades, indoor play areas with ropes course, laser tag, etc. 1, 2, or 3 BR condo units. Plus the area in general has a ton to do, Dollywood, Smoky Mountain National Park, river rafting. Since it's Wyndham, you should be able to book it through the same people that rent out BC.

Check out all inclusive resorts in the Mayan Riviera (south of Cancun). They have awesome pools, lots of activities, the ocean, and of course all you can eat & drink. We are going there next week for our 4th time & our kids love it as much if not more than Disney. And you really can't beat the price because everything is included.

Haven't stayed at WBC yet (we are staying there in June at the WBC Grand) but I actually picked that resort because it reminds me of the Mayan Riviera.

Thanks, I will check out Wyndham's Great Smokies Lodge in TN.

Any specific places you recommend in Mexico?

I will second this suggestion. I was at Wilderness a couple of weeks back for a CLE, and that place is very impressive. Everything looks to be right at your fingertips, and lots of entertainment options are nearby in the Smokies, Pigeon Forge, and Gatlinburg.

We just got back from Great Smokies Lodge and it was amazing!! The setting is beautiful and there is a ton of stuff to do at the resort and all around!!

Completely recommend!! We booked through Vacation Strategy and they were awesome!! :cheer2:

One of our favorite resorts is Hyatt Lost Pines outside of Austin, Texas. In fact, I think it's my favorite resort in the world. There is a sister property outside of San Antonio, Hyatt Hill Country, that isn't far from SeaWorld and the Riverwalk, if you are interested in doing those things.

Hyatt Lost Pines is on the Colorado River. There is a wonderful pool complex with a lazy river, movies on the lawn at night, activities throughout the day for children, McKinney Roughs nature preserve. I could go on and on!

I've been to the Hyatt hill country in San Antonio and it was awesome! Lazy river, great pools (even a beach pool). Playground, bike rentals (included) s'mores every night, movie on the lawn where popcorn and blankets were provided. There were also kids activities planned but we didn't do a whole lot if them as we kept ourselves busy at pool. We loved it!

I love the Wyndham product. I'm not an owner but I rent off ebay, vrbo, etc. Las Vegas - Wyndham Grand Desert is great as well as New Orleans Wyndham Labelle Maison.

In Hawaii I love the Ko'Olina Beach Villas Resort on Oahu. It's not a Wyndham product but a luxurious condo along the same lines as Wyndham but upscale. It's in the same resort area as the Disney World Aulina Resort.

The Marriott properties are very nice. We like Harbour Lake. We've also stayed at Grand Vista. It was very nice but too big for us. Grand Vista has a golf course, ice cream parlor, convenience store, and a place to buy meals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter