Looking For Control Freaks & Worry Warts too (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I better go!!!! I have to clean and pack for next week more. Plus I hate to be on the computer when DH walks in the door because I just feel like then that's what he will think I did all day...Oh that is what I did all day!

How do you make Dole whips? I put 2 cans of crushed pineapple, 2 T of reserved juice, 2 T lemon juice, 2 T lime juice and 1/3 c sugar in a food processor and made nice and smooth. Then put in freezer bag in freezer for 1 1/2 hrs. Then I whipped 1 1/2 c heavy whipping cream and mixed with the slushy mixture from the fridge, til nice and smooth, now it's in the freezer in the bowl for another hour. Please tell me there's an easier way!!!!!

:lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :lmao:

Oh, Martha. I cracked up and that took a lot today. I really liked it at WDW, and plan on making it here. My recipe? A dish of soft serve in a sundae cup from McDonalds and then crushed pinapple with juice poured into it.

Walla - lazy dole whips. Humm... maybe we should call that one dole whimps. :rotfl:

:lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :lmao:

Oh, Martha. I cracked up and that took a lot today. I really liked it at WDW, and plan on making it here. My recipe? A dish of soft serve in a sundae cup from McDonalds and then crushed pinapple with juice poured into it.

Walla - lazy dole whips. Humm... maybe we should call that one dole whimps. :rotfl:

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Leave it to me to make the lazy dole whips but I just put frozen pineapple juice concentrate, ice and pineapple juice in a blender!!!! I swear it tastes the same but maybe I am kidding myself.

WooHoo! I'm the first one to post on our new home! (it's official):cool1:

Imagine my surprise when I tried to respond to one of Jillian's posts - hit reply - and the screen came up that said - THREAD CLOSED! I let out a little yelp!

Who wants to DP tonite to mourn the closing of the first thread and to toast the start of the new one?

It must be some kind of record..... I got Debbie's email, so I wasn't surprised. I would love to DP - Jim is out of town coaching Summer basketball, but I have to do a spa retreat tonight - I'll be home at 8:30, but you'll all be in bed by then.

Kara - You are a good person to know! Love how you hunt down those bargains. And, you know, I was just getting ready to order a pair of Tevas for Lauren and myself for our June trip. I showed her the aqua/purple ones on sale - and she loved them! Now I can get them for $10! Still, even at $22, they're a very comfy flip-flop!

I bought some really cute Tevas per your advice, Cammie, but they were a little bit high, and they hurt my feet somehow, so I gave them to Lindsay, she loves them!!!! I bought another pair of Nike flips with the memory foam - I've worn them to DL before and did good with them. They just get worn down fast.
--Cammie, I'll PM you later!

Posts ........ Views!

:yay: That definately deserves a toast! :drinking1

I was wondering when it was going to get shut. It was a looong thread. I've kind of been out of the loop for awhile so I am a "Oldie but Newbie" right, Deb?

Hey...Lisa and Tammie!!!! How are things going?

A Shout out to: Cammie, Kara, 97, and everyone else..I look forward to getting to know you all. Where's Pam2? Ok, I don't know if some of you know, but I am the first Pam that was on here and then the other Pam from Texas came on so we called her Pam2, then I was off for awhile and I think she became just Pam..so know I don't know what I am or she is? :scratchin

Anyway..I guess we'll all figure that out. Any suggestions? And please...no Old Pam, Pam the Oldie, Pam the Old One :)

Pam! Of course you're not old pam :lmao: You'll always be Pam to me!!! :goodvibes

How do you make Dole whips? I put 2 cans of crushed pineapple, 2 T of reserved juice, 2 T lemon juice, 2 T lime juice and 1/3 c sugar in a food processor and made nice and smooth. Then put in freezer bag in freezer for 1 1/2 hrs. Then I whipped 1 1/2 c heavy whipping cream and mixed with the slushy mixture from the fridge, til nice and smooth, now it's in the freezer in the bowl for another hour. Please tell me there's an easier way!!!!!

Oh that sounds so good - I'm going to give the fam a taste this weekend!

WEll my computer is going so slow I'm going to :badpc: so I guess I'll go for now - get to work tonight, like I said, and tomorrow I'm scrapbooking with Lindsay at a retreat day. :yay:

Isn't it weird to not have "last page" to click on????

Kara! Thanks so much for the plate! It is so cute, and that's my favorite song!!!! Now what do I do with it again?

Kara! Thanks so much for the plate! It is so cute, and that's my favorite song!!!! Now what do I do with it again?
Right click on it and choose "save picture as...." Do you have a picture folder?

Camster0307

Don't want to be a pain, but could you include my REAL name after my screen name; don't want people to think I'm a weirdo!

I saw this recipe on the Dis and decided it was too much work! One question, though - where's the alcohol?:confused3 Actually, someone had posted a recipe of an alcoholic Dole Whip that one of the resorts serve: add Southern Comfort, Butterscotch Schnapps, and Capt.Morgan Rum.

I bought some really cute Tevas per your advice, Cammie, but they were a little bit high, and they hurt my feet somehow, so I gave them to Lindsay, she loves them!!!! I bought another pair of Nike flips with the memory foam - I've worn them to DL before and did good with them. They just get worn down fast.
--Cammie, I'll PM you later!

Ok!:thumbsup2

Re: Tevas - they wear down fast too! Usually after one week in Disney, they're as flat as a pancake.

Meant to tell you -- when you posted the Mass. one, all that came up was a box with a red x in it. Can you try it again?

Are we DPing? I have a lot to do but I will keep checking in. This is when I wish my lap top worked! The computer guy said there is nothing wrong with it but I can't get the INTERNET on it!:confused3

Pam - I just printed out my plate and framed it - but I think Jillian mentioned printing it on a shirt for 4th of Juy (Mass is much more 4th of Julyish than the other 49 states :rotfl2: ).

Here you go Cammie - take your pick! And notice the one with the date on it! Perfect!

MA_DZNY_MOM.jpg

MA_DSNY_FAN_2.jpg

MA_DSNY_FAN.jpg

Great - I feel like George Thourougood - "I drink alone" - except apparently I DP alone!

Ally and I ran to Petsmart tonight to get Bucky a new collar (his other one kept unsnapping) and got him a pretty royal blue one - looks great on him! So I told him he looked handsome (he blushed! :rotfl2: ) and Ally replied that he looked SEXY! WTH? She's 7!

I am trying to check in clean up...check in...sort some laundry...I have to at least clear the sink and our bed!

Hey...check out how many views we ALREADY have...
I think people are interested but then when they see us chatting away they don't feel comfortable jumping in.
Thoughts?

Yes, I saw you Debbie, just thought you were avoiding me! I don't know how long I have - I'm sitting on the porch and I have Live365 going, don't know how long my battery will last. You so have to get your laptop running - much more relaxing!

Am I gonna have to start pulling out pix and naughty smileys??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter