Looking For Control Freaks & Worry Warts - We're still here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lorrie- I think it is a smooth muscle relaxant .
Thanks Jillian - that made me feel better. :hug: We are going Nov 14-16 & celebrating both our birthdays. :cool1: When are you going? Our only problem is trying to figure out the park thing. I know DHS & EPCOT but it feels just wrong to not go to MK - especially with the lights!

Hi Girls! I was out of town for the weekend. We had the kids Master's grad -
Hope you are feeling so much better! OUCH! I have a high pain tollerance too - and believe it or not, I can do better with no pain meds and the anti nausia stuff - phenagrin. Love that stuff.

Hiya all,

thanks Kara.... I'm using Weight watchers points plan again -
Tessa - congrats! You go! I'm starting officially today. We're not going to the meetings, but I have all the plan info from the first of the year. Now just to stick to it. My BF & I have a plan that if we don't lose at least 1 lb a week - we have to pay the other $5. :rotfl2: Oddly enough, I think that might just be the push we need. :lmao:

Mason was cranky but nothing out of the ordinary for right before naptime. !
How scarey! I hope Mason is feeling much better!

Oh my goodness i know i have been absent for a while haven't really had a chance to read back but i will for sure.:
Erin, Nicolas had it but much more severe case. We did 1 week in the hospital - 2 lights and a light blanket - couldn't be out of it for more than 10 min every 12 hours. We almost had to transfuse, but didn't. The hospital is hard, but seriously the best place to be to monitor levels and give proper care. :hug:

ErinI have spent a day trying to download pix. I need a new computer and lap top! This is just getting ridiculous! Maybe I can get no interest for a year somewhere and buy both and then get this slow thing cleaned up for the kids.

I will keep checking in though.
Glad to see you here, but sad that the texting has stopped! What no good bushes? :confused3 :rotfl2::lmao: I hope you had a blast!

Sorry about your rain, Lydia. We had the first full day of sunshine yesterday after 3 weeks. It's about time. I am going to order, I was looking at your site yesterday trying to figure it out - I will order directly online, because I don't pay sales tax here - that usually saves more than the shipping. Good Luck, you're almost there!:thumbsup2
It is so blasted hot here - seriously awful hot. It was 90 and felt like 97 when I went out at 10:30. The kids want to go outside, but they get affected by the heat so quickly. What I wouldn't do for some rain.

Our grass is already brown. Here starts our summer. See - told you that I'd be eating my words about those sunny days when you all had snow. :rolleyes1

I just packed up a good amount of stuff for storage at my FIL's house. My house feels a little empty but we really needed to do that to get it in showing condition.

Can't even get excited about Disney right now since I am FRANTIC about selling this house. And what if it sells right before Disney and we are living out of suitcases? Just the thought gives me a near-aneurism.

Ugh-and I'm only 29.00 away from my minimum to stay a Stampin Up rep. GAH!

Laura - sounds like you are enjoying the lake! How nice. Hope the potty training goes well.

Kara - Hope things are going good in FL - doesn't seem right with you not having drama. :rotfl2:

Cammie - sorry, jsut caught up on the posts. Sounds like good advice to take both. I cannot believe they'd take the battery away - come on now. Shove a couple extra in your shoe, just in case? :confused3:rotfl:

There's so much crap on You Tube, they have to almost expect it with cell phones, etc. Isn't half the experience having "proof" that you were there? :confused3

Hey Cammie - (and anyone else who has been). Is the Christmas Party worth the extra money? They are having it one night we are there. Don't you and the girls generally do it?

I just packed up a good amount of stuff for storage at my FIL's house. My house feels a little empty but we really needed to do that to get it in showing condition.

Can't even get excited about Disney right now since I am FRANTIC about selling this house. And what if it sells right before Disney and we are living out of suitcases? Just the thought gives me a near-aneurism.

Ugh-and I'm only 29.00 away from my minimum to stay a Stampin Up rep. GAH!

I'm goin' there right now, Lydia.

USnew2Disney - I honestly thought the Christmas party was a lot of fun. Is it worth the price - NO - but what at Disney is? The shows were cool, the parade was awesome and seeing Santa was fun. I think it's the moment that matters. The decorations everywhere and the snow (bubbles) that come down while you drink hot chocolate and eat cookies. Fun!

Debbie - I have a HP Pavilion dv5000 laptop and it works great for our home/play use. FYI if you do get a HP be very cautions of the plug - I've had to replace it 3 times and it costs about $90 each.

YEAH - DH booked our flights last night!!! Of course we did the should we really go - shouldn't we save the money to pay the cc, but in the end we agreed we need a vacation.:cheer2: :jumping1:

So 've got DD9 birthday next weekend. :sad1: My baby's going to be 10. We were going to put the pool up this weekend, but as Cammie and others can tell you - IT'S GOING TO RAIN AGAIN!!tomorrow! Maybe we can put the pool up this week. Please don't rain next weekend! :worship:

Okay Lydia, You should be there!:thumbsup2

Tina, Hope you get to have the pool up. I agree, I loved the Christmas Party, and I definately want to do it again sometime.

I have a Dell Inspiron E1505 - workhorse! I've dropped it several times and lugged it around to meetings, sleep with it on my lap half the time - I've had it for over 3 years, and it's just starting to slow down. I learned that alot of laptops will stop working when dropped - that happened to DS's HP - because the "plates" inside are spinning really fast and jarring makes them hit each other and break. Apparently this one isn't made that way. I have a warranty until next month, so I'm going to get it refurbished before that is up.

Listen...I want all of you guys to tell me what lap top to buy! Research and get back to me! LOL

ok queen of the nerds responding....I just got a netbook. It is a dell 9inch, I wouldn't recommend it because the keyboard is too small. I do have to ask, is this going to be your workstation or just one to surf the net? I'd recommend Dell's refurb site. Granted Tim now works for them but they do have some really good deals. Just make sure you get lots on memory. I'm not sure what else to recommend. :rotfl:

Lorrie- the girls weekend at WDW sounds great.

Yea for Tinalala!!! that is fantastic you guys have committed to the vacation. I'm dying for a disney trip. I should be grateful for the weekend get aways but nothing takes the place of Disney.

it is quiet without kara drama:rotfl2:

Lydia-i guess I missed the part of where you are moving to. good luck packing. I heard a stat last night on HGTV that every box of clutter you remove it can add $800 to your selling price. I freaked out.

Have a great night!

Okay after a day of screaming at my kids they are finally in bed.:scared1:

Went to Old Navy today and got the $2 t-shirts for each of us - we'll be happy to have those at Disney in August!

Did anyone see the Dessert Wishes Party? Okay it wil cost us $60 to have a special dessert at Tomorrowland Noodle and be able to see Wishes from there. That's a bit much don't you think?

How's everyone's father's day going to go tomorrow?

Hi Girls!
Thanks for the advice on the computer stuff...keep it coming!
Lydia...glad your son is better and you reached your sales goal..Everything will work out with your trip and working...you'll see!
Tammie...Thanks for looking at my pix. BTW What happed to your mouth?
Laura..how's DD feeling? Better I hope! Sorry you couldn't go to the lake!

Lorrie...I would do the party. It is just something to see. What day of the week would you be at the party? I found that the fireworks and parade were crowded BUT the ride were not! I love the stupid over priced party's! I fall for them hook line and sinker and ALWAYS have a great time!
Will Osbourne lights be ready to go too?

I am an MK addict STILL. This last trip just reconfirmed what I still know. I love that flippin Magic Kingdom! I love alot about the other parks as well but I just love being in the MK and YES I did find some new (or old) places to sleep!
DSC09352.jpg

Elizabeth & Matthew had a great time in EPCOT as well but not for the countries but for Test Track & Nemo! That was the lure there and my Elizabeth just LOVES that stupid Figment Journey Into Imagination attraction!
DSC09450.jpg

DSC09447.jpg

DSC09437.jpg

We beat the crowds when we first got there and did a power house first day at MK! I went on HM, POTC and a few others NUMEROUS times. As the week went on it got hotter and more crowded.
DSC09375.jpg

DSC09367.jpg

DSC09369.jpg

No AKL this trip and we did go to HS and we did have fun but it was probably our worst day. It was hot and Matthew was being a P.I.T.butt!American Idol was fun and they have a GREAT character pic spot! We got super pix here! We seemed to miss all the shows and the preseating for Fantasmic is a joke! We left!

And I am officially BEYOND spoiled because even at the Poly we all missed Grand Floridian! How sad is that! We missed the turn down service and the extra over the top treatment. Our Poly maid sucked and our view was ...well it was the garden! I love that stupid over priced MK view!!! Even Elizabeth asked when we were switching rooms! Yes, I created a monster! I guess I will just have to find the means to to go back and stay there again. A job is most likely down the line!

DSC09329.jpg

DSC09327.jpg

DSC09324.jpg

I have so much more to tell you guys about! Like the castle dinner while the fireworks went off! WOW! That was our new highlight of the trip!
DSC09577.jpg

DSC09604.jpg

DSC09607.jpg

DSC09602.jpg

DSC09591.jpg

DSC09590.jpg

I'll let you guys go for now. If you are on FB I shared a bunch of pix with you ther. I think I will just email you guys my photobucket pix...ALL 300 something of them LOL.....

We are just getting ready to put the house on the market...no moving yet. But a lot of our stuff is going into storage...we have a TON of kids' toys and my craft room is just ridiculous...

Okay after a day of screaming at my kids they are finally in bed.:scared1:

Went to Old Navy today and got the $2 t-shirts for each of us - we'll be happy to have those at Disney in August!

Did anyone see the Dessert Wishes Party? Okay it wil cost us $60 to have a special dessert at Tomorrowland Noodle and be able to see Wishes from there. That's a bit much don't you think?

How's everyone's father's day going to go tomorrow?

I don't know, Tinna - I guess it's a little steep, but it is a great seat, and you don't have to stake our your spot and stand there for an hour. We tried to get up there before to watch, but it was closed off. They had seats down at the carnation patio, but it was an event you had to have tickets for - didn't know what it was. We stood right above there next to the smoking steps - it was a great spot, except for the smoke, and we had to stand there for an hour to save it. It was worth it when my nephew, 8, said, "there's a tear in my eye right now." "I want to bring my children to see this every year, and my children's children too!":lovestruc

Debbie, I had a double "almost root canal" and temp crowns put on. I'm not sure why I'm having so much trouble - never have in the past except with this dentist. The asst. said it was really "cut up" and to be expected, but I'm still swelling up to where my ear hurts and my lips are numb on and off after a week. I'm allergic to latex, and I'm going to call the office and ask whether there's latex in the temp crown.:confused3

Thanks for sharing your pics! You ARE spoiled!:goodvibes I would love that garden view! But I love anything tropical! It's okay to be spoiled at Disney, right? Wow, CRT at fireworks time! How cool! What time were your ADRs? Did they pipe in the music? I can't wait to hear about it!

ok queen of the nerds responding....I just got a netbook. It is a dell 9inch, I wouldn't recommend it because the keyboard is too small. I do have to ask, is this going to be your workstation or just one to surf the net? I'd recommend Dell's refurb site. Granted Tim now works for them but they do have some really good deals. Just make sure you get lots on memory. I'm not sure what else to recommend. :rotfl:

Lorrie- the girls weekend at WDW sounds great.

Yea for Tinalala!!! that is fantastic you guys have committed to the vacation. I'm dying for a disney trip. I should be grateful for the weekend get aways but nothing takes the place of Disney.

it is quiet without kara drama:rotfl2:

Lydia-i guess I missed the part of where you are moving to. good luck packing. I heard a stat last night on HGTV that every box of clutter you remove it can add $800 to your selling price. I freaked out.

Have a great night!

I was thinking about a little netbook for traveling. Can you surf the web on those, or just check email? Okay, I forget - there has been so much moving talk here - are you selling your house too?

I was thinking about a little netbook for traveling. Can you surf the web on those, or just check email? Okay, I forget - there has been so much moving talk here - are you selling your house too?

I love my netbook-I use it only for surfing the web. I don't save anything to it-that's what my desktop is for. It's simple and small and portable. I have the Asus eee 900. Love it! Got it at Best Buy for 249.99.

We are selling our house-hope to list it in about 2-3 weeks. I have no idea how I am going to keep it in "show" condition with 2 kids and 2 dogs.

I started my craft room today and OMG! My crafting space is a true reflection of my ADD!

Erin...I am so sorry and will pray for that little baby! It will be OK! I think Renee has been thru this!

Erin, don't worry about the baby. Do they have him under the lights? Our Ryan got orange with the yellow eyes, and they just had me lay him in the sun - he's brilliant as you would say:goodvibes Our Londynn had the same story as your cousin's baby, and she was under the light for 24 hours - they were so scared - she's totally fine and a smarty too!:hug:

Erin..I hope all is better on the baby front!!!

Erin, Nicolas had it but much more severe case. We did 1 week in the hospital - 2 lights and a light blanket - couldn't be out of it for more than 10 min every 12 hours. We almost had to transfuse, but didn't. The hospital is hard, but seriously the best place to be to monitor levels and give proper care. :hug:

Thankyou all for the thoughts and prayers he is finally home after a week, yes he was under the lamps .. the scare factor was high because of what happened with no 2 and the blood clash. But he is home and healthy and doing really well and Chloe and i are off to see him today straight from school :love: cannot wait
Ok now i'll go back and read what's happening with all of you .. Just wanted to say thankyou first xxxx

So 've got DD9 birthday next weekend. :sad1: My baby's going to be 10. We were going to put the pool up this weekend, but as Cammie and others can tell you - IT'S GOING TO RAIN AGAIN!!tomorrow! Maybe we can put the pool up this week. Please don't rain next weekend! :worship:

Oh i feel your pain my daughter turned 10 this year and i have to say those double figures are scary hey!!

I am an MK addict STILL. This last trip just reconfirmed what I still know. I love that flippin Magic Kingdom! I love alot about the other parks as well but I just love being in the MK and YES I did find some new (or old) places to sleep!

Hahhah oh Debbie i am sooo with you there, i cannot help it i see MK and my heart goes boom and eyes go teary i am a total MK addict too
Elizabeth looks absolutely gorgeous Debbie i loove her dress!!

Debbie, I had a double "almost root canal" and temp crowns put on. I'm not sure why I'm having so much trouble - never have in the past except with this dentist. The asst. said it was really "cut up" and to be expected, but I'm still swelling up to where my ear hurts and my lips are numb on and off after a week. I'm allergic to latex, and I'm going to call the office and ask whether there's latex in the temp crown.:confused3

Oh Tammie how awful for you, sending feel better hugs :hug: just take things easy.. How are you feeling now??

We seemed to miss all the shows and the preseating for Fantasmic is a joke! We left!

Ok sorry am posting as i read :laughing:

Debbie .. Is this the Fantsamic dining package?? I was thinking about doing this in Feb when we go but i'm just not sure, i keep reaidng bad things about it but because there are 18 of us going i keep thinking we should do this so we can all sit together, what do you all think????

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter